PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Window Bars

Rips2
08-06-2016, 18:46
Does anyone know where I can get some bars for my windows in the North please? Also any ideas on how much these might cost? I realise that's a difficult question but I genuinely have idea how much this may cost!

vove
08-06-2016, 20:08
As far as I am aware of any locksmith/iron welder will install them (cerrajero / soldadero). As for the cost you pay for materials + the work and the final cost may vary depending on many factors.

If you are feeling unsafe I would think many times on that decision. Putting bars in windows will make your house a more interesting target and to be honest iron bars are not an obstacle if someone wants to rob your house. If you already have been robbed I feel sorry for you but iron bars won't help much.

Cannot recommend anyone in particular but here's a link with many ads from milanuncios:
https://www.milanuncios.com/anuncios-en-tenerife/rejas.htm
It searches by "rejas" which are the iron bars you put in windows, so make sure you look for cerrajero or soldadero as it shows any ad, even painters and flats and so on.

Hope you find what you need!

Rips2
08-06-2016, 20:16
Thanks Vove, that's helpful, I'll have a look around for a cerrajero. I'm not particularly worried about security and fortunately haven't been targeted, it's more that we need to be able to leave windows open for ventilation when we are not around and it seems to best approach. Any other ideas much appreciated!

canarybird
08-06-2016, 20:27
Iron bars are customary here and the lack of them can also increase the price of your house insurance.

Rips2
08-06-2016, 20:35
Good point Canary Bird, I hadn't thought of that. We have shutters on the windows which face the road but none at the back and these are the windows I want to be able to leave open.

Hepa
08-06-2016, 21:36
We have tilt and turn, hardly any on this island with those iron bars, however we have almost no crime at all.

JaxToot
09-06-2016, 19:26
I'm coming over for three months in September and can make them for you. That is if your willing to wait a while.

Puff puff pass. I found my lighter.

Rips2
09-06-2016, 20:31
Hi Jax, I was hoping to get them done on our next visit in July but if I can't get it sorted, can I contact you via this forum

JaxToot
09-06-2016, 21:23
Of course you can, just ask for me on this thread and I will get a email.
I lived in fuerteventua for 5 years and it was my business. Some years later I'm ready to look buy a house and have decided Tenerife and will start up again. The three months will be mostly house hunting yet I'm sure I can fit some work in and start getting known.

Puff puff pass. I found my lighter.

Rips2
09-06-2016, 21:33
Thank Jax, good luck with the house hunt and I may be in touch later in the year