PDA

View Full Version : Other Gradylondon - Enough is enough

Liftman
12-06-2016, 16:19
For Gods sake, can someone not do something about this idiot?

Is there not a moderator, founder or owner on here that cares one jot about what is happening to this forum?

Come on, it's about time!

Ecky Thump
12-06-2016, 17:07
For Gods sake, can someone not do something about this idiot?

Is there not a moderator, founder or owner on here that cares one jot about what is happening to this forum?

Come on, it's about time!

It appears to be that both the Owner(s) and Moderator(s) have lost total interest in the Tenerife Forum. :dontknow:

What is clear is that Gradylondon is not simply a drunk individual, but someone who is out to cause trouble.

doreen
12-06-2016, 17:29
It appears to be that both the Owner(s) and Moderator(s) have lost total interest in the Tenerife Forum. :dontknow:

What is clear is that Gradylondon is not simply a drunk individual, but someone who is out to cause trouble.

Well, I've reported the posts several times (as I know many of you have too) .... nobody listening to me :(

However, having just done a Goolge search, this forum name appears on a very diverse range of fora, presumably just as a spammer rather than a trouble maker.

Ecky Thump
12-06-2016, 17:48
Well, I've reported the posts several times (as I know many of you have too) .... nobody listening to me :(

However, having just done a Goolge search, this forum name appears on a very diverse range of fora, presumably just as a spammer rather than a trouble maker.

I like you Doreen have now also done a Google search on this forum user name and found that he has been banned on several forums, but the question still remains as to why no action is being taken by this forum and I for one don't want to speculate on the lack of action by the forum hierarchy.

Leam_Lin
12-06-2016, 17:52
I like you Doreen have now also done a Google search on this forum user name and found that he has been banned on several forums, but the question still remains as to why no action is being taken by this forum and I for one don't want to speculate on the lack of action by the forum hierarchy.

I also have reported this twit.

willakawill
12-06-2016, 18:06
Looks like bot postings to me. Sometimes they get through the cracks.
It is not a human posting so nobody to engage with or appeal to.
I haven't checked and, if it is a feature of this forum, you can add this bot to your ignore list on your profile.
It will disappear soon enough and probably return through another crack later.

melm
12-06-2016, 18:15
It's got us all talking :hi: that can't be a bad thing:doh:

junglejim
13-06-2016, 07:07
It's got us all talking :hi: that can't be a bad thing:doh: I vote for it to REMAIN - talking most sense so far ! LOL!

Leam_Lin
13-06-2016, 11:03
I think he has now GONE GONE GONE, about time too.

Medman
13-06-2016, 11:40
I think he has now GONE GONE GONE, about time too.

His posts are still there Linda, I just resurrected a few posts to remove the posts from the front page

Leam_Lin

Ecky Thump
13-06-2016, 13:14
His posts are still there Linda, I just resurrected a few posts to remove the posts from the front page

Leam_Lin
Medman

Below is a copy of a post made on the thread headed "Moderators are there any" a few minutes ago and was very quickly deleted.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator_ View Post
Why on earth would someone want to be a moderator on here when all we get nowadays is a bunch of children playing games in the fun and games section. I normally block this section so I don't have to read the rubbish but opened it just now to find 2 out of 25 posts today are in this fun and games section. WTF has it all got to do with Tenerife?

Medman
13-06-2016, 14:51
Medman

Below is a copy of a post made on the thread headed "Moderators are there any" a few minutes ago and was very quickly deleted.....

Why on earth would someone want to be a moderator on here when all we get nowadays is a bunch of children playing games in the fun and games section. I normally block this section so I don't have to read the rubbish but opened it just now to find 2 out of 25 posts today are in this fun and games section. WTF has it all got to do with Tenerife?

Says it all

essexeddie
13-06-2016, 14:57
Says it all
I agree, some people have far to much time on their hands.

Medman
13-06-2016, 14:59
I agree, some people have far to much time on their hands.

I'm just a great multi-tasker .. :fpull:

Leam_Lin
13-06-2016, 15:29
Medman

Moderator - whoever you are, to refer to us as 'children' is scraping the barrel. Why do you not moderate when threads have been reported?

I have enjoyed my time on the Tenerife Forum, but not any more with these comments, I am now not going to bother you. (1 less child for you to moderate)

macdonald5
13-06-2016, 15:47
Medman

I'm just a great multi-tasker .. :fpull:

.....ditto:mopfloor::nails::newspaper::cooking::su nburn::waltz::dogwalk::fryingpan:

Ecky Thump
14-06-2016, 07:31
Moderator[/MENTION] - whoever you are, to refer to us as 'children' is scraping the barrel. Why do you not moderate when threads have been reported?

I have enjoyed my time on the Tenerife Forum, but not any more with these comments, I am now not going to bother you. (1 less child for you to moderate)

It would appear by the total lack of response to a known problom by the forum owner and Moderator 's that there is a hidden underhanded agenda that only they are privy to.

It's a sad time for the TF when it's few remaining active members are treated like something that can sometimes be found sticking to the sole of a shoe!:angry:

Medman
14-06-2016, 07:44
It would appear by the total lack of response to a known problom by the forum owner and Moderator 's that there is a hidden under handed agenda that only they are privy to.

It's a sad time for the TF when it's few remaining active members are treated like something that can sometimes be found sticking to the sole of a shoe!:angry:

As ole blue eyes sang - "And now, the end is near"

Ecky Thump
14-06-2016, 07:53
As ole blue eyes sang - "And now, the end is near"

It would be interesting to know why any individual or a group of people would want to stand by and watch this forum collapse into oblivion.???

Medman
14-06-2016, 07:55
It would be interesting to know why any individual or a group of people would want to stand by and watch this forum collapse into oblivion.???

I'm sure Marbro, Toto, Angus, the Monkey etc etc would too

macdonald5
14-06-2016, 08:07

Twisted sense of 'humour' perhaps ??
Unfortunately if he/ she/ they are doing zilch to stop the spammers we have NO chance of getting any insight into 'their' motives for rundown

Ecky Thump
14-06-2016, 08:23
Twisted sense of 'humour' perhaps ??
Unfortunately if he/ she/ they are doing zilch to stop the spammers we have NO chance of getting any insight into 'their' motives for rundown

Talking of a twisted sense of humour, I have a TF Badge for sale (maybe the forum owner has a draw full of them!), it's got to be a future collectors item and I've just this morning had a email from Angusjim asking what's happening here on the forum.....he of course has his own unprintable theory!! :D

Moderator_
14-06-2016, 10:46
The post that Ecky Thump hilighted in an earlier post he made was indeed made by me and is my PERSONAL OPINION. I removed it to edit it and then ran out of time before I could repost and have no intention of continuing any discussion on the open Forum. It is my personal opinion and, as such, I don't feel the need to apologise to anyone, and that's the end of it.

There is absolutely no hidden agenda to run down this Forum so perhaps one or more of the few that complain may like to offer their service as moderator, please send a PM to admin if you would like to volunteer.

The rules of the Forum, as regulars know only too well, don't allow moderator' decisions to be discussed on open Forum, but for clarity I'll repeat them here as I close this thread

Moderation on the Tenerife Forum
A moderator is a volunteer that monitors online interactions on a forum and makes sure that posters are adhering to the Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and/or the Terms of Use. The Tenerife Forum utilises anonymous moderators, so our volunteer mods can continue posting with their regular personas without the risk of being victimised. Our mods can disclose their status if they wish, but should not feel pressurised into doing so.

Our anonymous moderators can close, move and delete threads. They won't normally comment or post new threads, but they can, and should, leave messages on why a thread was moved or closed or in reply to posts regarding moderation issues.

When will a moderator delete or close a thread or post?

If the post or thread in question violates the Code of Conduct, Forum Rules or the Terms of Use (see the first posts in this thread).
If it’s a personal attack on another user or Tenerife Forum volunteer, or contains personal information.
If posters are being unnecessarily negative or trying to instigate arguments or stir up controversy (trolling).
If threads become off-topic and haven’t course-corrected in spite of attempts by the Community Manager or other posters.
If it’s spam, or looks like spam.

When will a moderator move a thread?

If it’s in the wrong forum.
If a similar topic already exists.

When will a moderator edit a post?

If the post contains personal information.

What isn’t within the scope of a moderator?

Mods are bound by the Terms of Use in the same way as any other member. As such, they are free to comment and participate on the Tenerife Forum within the guidelines set forth in the Rules and Terms of Use. They are not bound to another set of rules because of their status as a moderator.

If you feel your post or thread has been deleted/closed or otherwise moderated unfairly.

If you believe the mod's decision regarding your post or thread is still incorrect after having reviewed all the rules and notes within this thread you can either use the 'Report to Moderators' button which looks like a small warning triangle in the bottom left of each post, or if you would prefer your complaint to be more private please send a message through the Support System with as much relevant detail as you can manage including direct links to any posts or threads that could be used to form a proper picture of your complaint.
Moderator decisions are moderator decisions and will not be discussed on the public forum. All discussions of this nature will be removed without explanation. If you have a problem with a moderator decision, or you wish to discuss it with a member of the Admin team, please submit a private ticket in the Helpdesk.

KirstyJay
14-06-2016, 13:38
It would appear by the total lack of response to a known problom by the forum owner and Moderator 's that there is a hidden underhanded agenda that only they are privy to.

I posted during the last episode that I no longer had the time or the inclination to moderate or manage this forum and that I was open to offers. Since then no one has really come forward with anything remotely serious.

I'm not really interested in discussing anything on this or any other thread, but if anyone does have the time, ability and the motivation to take over administration, please contact me and I am more than happy to take some time out to train up anyone and explain what needs to be done and how to do it.

It's not a case of wanting or letting the forum go into decline, it's the simple case of not having time to do it anymore and not having anyone willing to take over the workload.

Feel free to contact me. You can use the support desk or the email, tenerifeforum (at) me.com if the normal admin one doesn't work, as the forum changed servers recently and since then no email has been getting through. Just another job on the list...

Thanks.