PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment 20th anniversary Canarias Jazz Y Mas Festival 1-10 July 2011

anski
31-05-2011, 22:08
This is the 20th anniversary of the Heineken Canarias Jazz Festival

with a wonderful line up of musicians from USA & other parts of the globe.

So far there is no programme of events & if like last year most of the concerts were free of charge taking place in Plaza Europa Puerto de la Cruz & outside Auditorio de Santa Cruz.
A couple of the concerts took place inside the Auditorio de Santa Cruz but tickets were a modest €10 - €25
Tickets were sold on generalticket.com but so far there are no details.

This is the website, Image will open up if you click on it.

Eades
20-07-2011, 06:26
What was the music type of that concert ? Actually i am talking in terms of music category ?That was rock or heavy metal or just pop and melodious ?

junglejim
20-07-2011, 06:41
I think you'll find it was Jazz orientated - heres´s a Youtube of some of the performers ( you can chase up the rest from programme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP7NlPbyVeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xU8v-TOSuQ

Skeggy
20-07-2011, 08:15
Thank you for sharing that Jim, I have never heard of John Pizzarelli but will certainly buy a CD or two, I thought he was brilliant, Lee Ritenour and Dave Grusin were on the same bill in Santa Cruz two top U.S. jazzmen both favourites of mine.

Zara
20-07-2011, 08:50
Below is the programme. There were some really fantastic people playing. How some of these performances can be free is unbelievable but an excellent way for youngsters to learn about different types of music.

1st The Poogie Bell Band, Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra, John Pizzarelli feat. Plaza de Europa , Puerto Cruz . 21:00. Free.
2nd Mina Agossi. Caramel Jazz Quartet. Plaza de Europa , Puerto Cruz . 21:00. Free.
4th Big Band de Canarias. Auditorio de Tenerife,S/C. 21:00. €10.
5th Dave Holland Quintet. Three in the Red Circle. Auditorio de Tenerife , S/C 21:00. €15.
6th Ritenoir Lee Band feat. Dave Grusin & Anna Rodriguez Eliseo Lloreda. Auditorio de Tenerife, S/C. 21:00. €20.
7th Night Africa. Fatoumata Diawara Naya Gangbé Band Brass Band. Plaza del Auditorio de Tenerife, S/C 19:00.Free.
8th 20 Years Celebration Party. Eddie Palmieri Quartet Quintet, Eduardo Rojo Esther Ovejero Quintet, The Herbaliser DJ’s and Gregorio Viera, Visual. Plaza del Auditorio de Tenerife, S/C. 19:00.Free admission.
9th The Clayton Hamilton Jazz Orchestra feat. John Pizzarelli. Dear Mr. Sinatra. Auditorio de Tenerife S/C 21:00. €20.