PDA

View Full Version : Other Irish Bars in Puerto.

ciderhunter
22-06-2016, 12:48
Are there any Irish bars in Puerto de la Cruz?

imablue
22-06-2016, 13:00
Its a good 6/7 years since we have been to Puerto ,i remember an Irish bar by the harbour called Molly Malones don,t know if it is still there.
The Beehive (1) in town was a great British run bar as was Beehive (2) which is a little way out of town.

Ecky Thump
22-06-2016, 13:20
Its a good 6/7 years since we have been to Puerto ,i remember an Irish bar by the harbour called Molly Malones don,t know if it is still there.
The Beehive (1) in town was a great British run bar as was Beehive (2) which is a little way out of town.

The Behive was the first British pub that we ever went into during our many past stays in Puerto and that was to escape from a sudden deluge of rain, the other one was by the Magnolia restaurant and called the 'International Bar', a tiny English run bar with a inflated title! :D

ciderhunter
22-06-2016, 17:24

I will see if Molly Malones is still in business during my stay. Visited both Beehives last time I ventured up. Both will be busy with the football so will pop in again.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The Behive was the first British pub that we ever went into during our many past stays in Puerto and that was to escape from a sudden deluge of rain, the other one was by the Magnolia restaurant and called the 'International Bar', a tiny English run bar with a inflated title! :D

Thanks Ecky I will look out for this 'International Bar'.

cressrt
22-06-2016, 18:08
Just found their FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Molly-Malone-Tenerife/119451868147450 seems to be open still

melm
22-06-2016, 18:36
The Molly Malone is closed till the beginning of September. The Beehives continue to flourish as does Zepps and the New Robin Hood. The international bar is now closed.

We go to Puerto at least twice a year and keep in touch with lots of people who live there. A very nice Spanish bar that is a favourite with Brits is La Frigata (down by the harbour).

We only visit in the winter months when Puerto is very busy with visitors from many countries, so I'm not so sure about visitor levels in the summer. In winter its buzzin'. Maybe some year we will have a holiday in the south as we have only visited on a day trip.

pateen
30-11-2016, 15:21
Whats peoples favourite?

melm
30-11-2016, 19:36
The Molly Malone for us :hello:

Peanuts
30-11-2016, 22:56
Never liked Molly Malone, in the basement and stinks of ****. Son plays Coldplay depressing. Frigata down the road, good service....

Carol55
30-11-2016, 22:59
The Molly Malone for us :hello:

You won't see Peanut there....he doesn't like the place.:jumping:

Rodders
01-12-2016, 11:31
The Frigate is one of the bet bars in Puerto. Great for people watching.

melm
01-12-2016, 11:35
I would sooner go to a bar that stinks of **** then a bar where people talk ****:whistle:

Well said:bowdown:

Peanuts
01-12-2016, 11:38
andyfm, what if, a bar stinks of **** and you talk ****:bootyshake:

Frigate is good though...friendly staff

pateen
01-12-2016, 12:50
Loving the posts ... cheers guys ...I actually like the sound of Mollys

Carol55
01-12-2016, 14:00
Loving the posts ... cheers guys ...I actually like the sound of Mollys

It's certainly the bar to go to if you suffer from a 'Peanut alergy'. :D

Peanuts
01-12-2016, 15:13
It's certainly the bar to go to if you suffer from a 'Peanut alergy'. :D

Enjoy, it is definitely Peanuts free. When you walk down the stairs it will hit you...the music I mean...:wave:

Petrus74
03-04-2017, 11:34
Puerto de la Cruz is full of places to have fun. Take a look at this article to find something you like:

http://vivere-a-tenerife.it/discoteche-locali-notturni/

Ps: the article is written in italian but you can translate it with google translator ;)