PDA

View Full Version : Internet Anyone else had a problem with Vodafone 3G Internet running slowly in Tenerife?

cressrt
31-05-2011, 22:10
We use a Vodafone dongle for Internet access but the signal has been VERY poor for the last week, almost impossible to get 3G; is it only us or has anyone else had any problems - solutions would be great!

Graceylacey
31-05-2011, 22:13
Maybe you are at your limit? It goes slow when you've used all your monthly allowance up

Vortex Wake
31-05-2011, 22:16
Buy a 5 metre usb extension lead and plug the dongle into it then hang the dongle up high by the window - this can improve the signal.

mhtenerife
31-05-2011, 22:49
We use a Vodafone dongle for Internet access but the signal has been VERY poor for the last week, almost impossible to get 3G; is it only us or has anyone else had any problems - solutions would be great!

Mine too, normaly have very good signal but this last week I keep getting cut off thought it was just me, and no where near my limit.

A.P.&.S.S
31-05-2011, 23:53
Yeah mine too, I beleive they have been working on some of the masts...well the one here in Palm Mar has been totaly refurded over the last few weeks. The last few days has been good so all things crossed its fixed now!:)

Graceylacey
01-06-2011, 14:20
We have just phoned them to see what the problem is as mine too is very slow.

They have told us that there is a technical problem with one of vodafone's signal masts and that they are working on it to get it fixed as soon as possible. Ok aparently it's been 5 days now but we are on Tenerife time!

cressrt
01-06-2011, 15:34
That's good to know, so hopefully all will be better in a month or so!!

Graceylacey
01-06-2011, 16:30
I'm ever hopeful it will be less than that!!! Mind you I'm still waiting for telefonica's Internet but they keep ringing me but no one comes!!! Did get a phone line last week!!

Graceylacey
02-06-2011, 09:57
Mine is working all ok again this morning, how is everyone else´s??

mossy
02-06-2011, 11:12
What's the speed like if using it to surf multiple websites?.

mhtenerife
02-06-2011, 14:08
Mine was good yesterday, but today back to being cut off after 10/15 minutes.

Graceylacey
03-06-2011, 00:31
Normally the speed is great, no different at all to having Telefonica 6 mg. Just been the last week it was awful, but today its been almost back to normal!

clevtrev
09-06-2011, 16:34
Mine too has been playing up lately. The 3G signal has dropped out completely again and all I have got is the GPRS signal which is steam powered. This has happened a few times over the last weeks and can last for days at atime.I tried the shop and they seemed totally unconcerned and said its being worked and MIGHT be OK in a few days. In the mean time still keep paying the bills. I can't wait to be able to get this new fast internet and get away from the dongle and/or Telefonica.

A.P.&.S.S
09-06-2011, 18:15
Can I join the no internet party?????

Mine has been on and off for the last 10 days, sometimes it goes off sometimes its only on the old GPRS and its a nightmare. Like Clev I went into the shop twice, 1st time I was told it was the antena, 2nd time when I was getting rather angry they gave me a new sim......made no differance but maybe they just wanted me out the shop!! lol

Oh well, finger crossed for tomorrow!?

Faraway
09-06-2011, 19:10
I've got Movistar and its been like that all week now - but usually just in the afternoons onward - morning seems ok. Relieved its not just my system!!!