PDA

View Full Version : Health Private Medical Insurance

LizzyW
28-06-2016, 08:35
I am bamboozled by the number of companies and options provided, so I thought I would come to you good people and ask for some guidance.
We are husband and wife, both aged 60 (not yet state pension age). We have a few existing conditions, but relatively minor. We will need PMI for hospital/doctor treatment. As for dental - not sure, is this something you can pay for on a pay-as-you-go arrangement or do you have to have your own appointed dentist. I have been getting quotes on-line at everything from e100 to e1000 per month. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

AndyG
28-06-2016, 08:46
We use Sanitas for private medical insurance. We are a bit younger (52 and 50) and our monthly premium for the 2 of us is €125 per month. This includes some dental cover.

LizzyW
24-08-2016, 19:24
In the UK I get monthly repeat prescription for thyroxine and just have a blood test every year. With PMI how do I get this? I don't want to see the doctor every month (this counts as a service in Sanitas plans and therefore paid for). Can you get longer prescriptions (say 3 months?).

AndyG
24-08-2016, 19:39
With our Sanitas private health insurance we are each allowed 6 visits to a doctor per year before we have to pay a small charge for further visits. Our doctor ( in Callao Salvaje) seemed very happy to prescribe 2 months of statins as a repeat prescription last month and hopefully may extend it to 3 months next time. By the way, it cost €1.50 for each month of statins, significantly cheaper than in the UK for those who pay pr script ion charges!

information
24-08-2016, 20:50
IKEA does health insurance though Mapfre at around 46 euros a month and includes some dental