PDA

View Full Version : Other If I am registered self employed do we get heathcare

stew4x4
29-06-2016, 12:20
Can somebody guide me please... I am due to move to tenerife soon and I am considering being self employed, would this qualify me, my wife and children to access the spanish health care free as in the UK?

Many thanks for any advice !!!

bulldog
29-06-2016, 13:16
Can somebody guide me please... I am due to move to tenerife soon and I am considering being self employed, would this qualify me, my wife and children to access the spanish health care free as in the UK?

Many thanks for any advice !!!

the short answer is yes, whatever you register as self employed would need to be excepted you will pay monthly social, 3 monthly igic and
tax.good luck

doreen
29-06-2016, 16:10
Being self employed - autonomo - means a regular monthly payment .. around 250 euros per month depending on age and which sector. There are some subsidies and it is worth employing someone to advise you on what is involved. It is important to note, you have to pay monthly even if you have little or no income for the month.

There's a good summary here (but is somewhat based on situation in Andalucia) http://www.advoco.es/hot-topics/43-guide-to-spains-autonomo-system.html#Aut12

realejos
29-06-2016, 16:34
I am self employed and my monthly social security payment is 267,03 EUR.

Pooh
29-06-2016, 19:52
Monthly SS payments for both me an my wife have been €319,16 EUR each the past year.
Not sure why they are so high, compared to many others.

Edit: Originally only I were registered autonomo, and both wife and children "dependants", so that works. For different reasons both me and the wife are registered as autonomos now, so we both pay, but it shouldn't be necessary.