PDA

View Full Version : FedEx- DHL- Corrio

KN Nas
01-07-2016, 19:33
Hello-
I am an American iving in La Quinta, and have 2 questions , the answers of which will be greatly appreciated.
1- I would like to ship a computer back to the US, is there a Fed EX, DHL offices in Tenerife , or can I use the Post office for that (correo) ?

2- Are there meeting groups for English speakers in the Island?

Thank you in advance for any help.

canarybird
01-07-2016, 23:07
I send parcels to Canada through the post office. If you are not in a hurry for it to arrive, you can choose surface mail which can take 2 months or longer and is cheaper. Or you can send it express via the post office but would cost a lot. On the other hand I've received but not sent small parcels via UPS and DHL so yes they have offices or representatives here on this side of the island. You can probably check out a phone on their websites. English speaking people get together at the Anglican church, Parque el Taoro in Puerto de la Cruz, and at Alvaro's Tennis Club also in Puerto, calle Hibiscus, the real name is Centro Deportivo y de Ocio, where they have tennis, padel, lawn bowling as well as a cafeteria. There's also an English amateur theater group ESTA. Hope that is of some help. Almost forgot...there's the English library also in Parque el Taoro in Puerto where local British gather for social events. Check out their website.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Here's their website:

http://www.theenglishlibrary.es/