PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Where can I buy sawn timber?

The Clangers
04-07-2016, 17:32
Hi, we´ve not been living in Tenerife long & we´re already getting used to not finding stuff as easy as it was in the UK.
Looking for some 5" x 5" x 8 foot & some 6" x 1 1/2" x 10 foot lengths of saw timber. We had a gazebo, but while we were back in the UK it ended up in the baranco! It would be great to build one like I made in England. Today we visited the hardware shop in Armenime and their 'yard' next to Tenerife Pearl with no luck. Heard that there is a builders merchants just up from the airport. Any idea where it is, please?

lesbroz
04-07-2016, 17:42
Hi, we´ve not been living in Tenerife long & we´re already getting used to not finding stuff as easy as it was in the UK.
Looking for some 5" x 5" x 8 foot & some 6" x 1 1/2" x 10 foot lengths of saw timber. We had a gazebo, but while we were back in the UK it ended up in the baranco! It would be great to build one like I made in England. Today we visited the hardware shop in Armenime and their 'yard' next to Tenerife Pearl with no luck. Heard that there is a builders merchants just up from the airport. Any idea where it is, please?

Try Chafiras at Las Chafiras. Their timber outlet is situated behind the Bathroom and Tile Showroom.

The Clangers
04-07-2016, 19:14
Thanks for that, looks like Chafiras at Las Chafiras will be our next port of call then! Is that the one that´s next to Ikea?

lesbroz
04-07-2016, 22:39
Thanks for that, looks like Chafiras at Las Chafiras will be our next port of call then! Is that the one that´s next to Ikea?

No. The one you want is opposite on the other side of the TF1.

imablue
04-07-2016, 22:41
A bit closer to home could or would be Santana in Adeje opposite the police station...

The Clangers
06-07-2016, 19:14
Thanks for your replies. I ended up at Wolf Canarias. This was just off the TF-1 at the Shark-Fin bridge. They were very helpful with what I wanted, even arranged for it to be delivered (at a cost) for tomorrow at a time to suit. They have a great range of sizes & lengths available. I had been told that timber is a little expensive here in Tenerife, but it was not much more than I expected. An added bonus was that all the wood is planed, with the corners removed.