PDA

View Full Version : Other Where is the bus stop (111 to Adeje) in TFS

bennoa1
22-07-2016, 11:48
Looked on the Titsa site and would appear its located above the car hire car park but I though that was the road into the airport (and one way) so confused. I'd normally get a car but just booked a few days in August and ridiculously expensive and I only have hand luggage so should be fine.

imablue
22-07-2016, 13:03
As far as i am aware all the bus stops are directly outside the front of the airport,i.e. between the arrivals gates and the departure gates.
The buses come into the airport on an anti-clockwise route and drop off/pick up on the nearest roadway to the airport frontage.

tfs1
22-07-2016, 17:04
As far as i am aware all the bus stops are directly outside the front of the airport,i.e. between the arrivals gates and the departure gates.
The buses come into the airport on an anti-clockwise route and drop off/pick up on the nearest roadway to the airport frontage.

just a bit more info. There are, from recollection, 3 TITSA bus bays - you really cant miss them as you leave arrivals terminal. They are the last bays to your left before you cross any 'road'.

There are a couple of seats to relax and wait for your bus, there is a display board showing arrival times (when its working !), sometimes in the past there has been a TITSA man walking around by the bays to answer any queries regarding direction and times of the buses.

Suggest you do not do what someone did and got on the non stop express to TFN when he really wanted to go to PDLA (or so the story goes !)

imablue
22-07-2016, 21:05
Make sure you get the 111 going to Adeje and not Santa Cruz..
It seems the bus stop is outside arrivals lounge..for both going to Adeje and Santa Cruz...specsavers are quite good..!!

junglejim
23-07-2016, 08:16
I think you can still buy a bono ticket at the airport so fare to PDLA will be about 2.90 euros

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?11277-Where-can-I-buy-a-bono-at-Tenerife-south-airport

Red Devil
23-07-2016, 08:49
As others have said the bus stops are just outside the arrivals hall. The bays for the 111 are next to each other, you just have to make sure you get on the 111 for Costa Adeje and not 111 for Santa Cruz, but destination is quite clear on front of bus, that still doesnt stop lots of people swarming around each one that draws in, put their luggage in the hold, then queue to get on the bus, then realise they are on wrong bus, back off again and try to retrieve their luggage. Can be chaos sometimes but it really is quite simple, just look where bus is going!
Also keep an eye out for the 343 and 450, again as long as it says Costa Adeje on the front you are ok using them.
Remember all these buses only go as far as the bus station in Costa Adeje/Las Americas, not sure where your destination is?
Think the 111 is every 30 mins during the day so you never have too long a wait

barryk
24-07-2016, 07:56
Just had a look at our favourites Autoreisen. 71euro for 5 days middle of August Monday to Friday all inclusive than can,t be bad for August.
Their daily rate works out a 26 euro per day so may be worth booking for longer than you need and take back early if cheaper. This quote was for a Twingo but the usually never have them and you get upgraded.

bennoa1
04-08-2016, 10:20
Thanks to all who replied. I booked a car in the end (with Autoreisen as I generally do) for 100 euros (5 door). My folks are out so we'll have the freedom to get about and its easier to get the heavy stuff back up to the apartment. Didn't fancy walking in the heat from the bus station to Torviscas Alto - about time the bus went up there as it well populated now. I'll have a look where the bus stops are for future reference. I'm going this afternoon so will be easy to remember to do it.

Red Devil
09-08-2016, 13:34
Thanks to all who replied. I booked a car in the end (with Autoreisen as I generally do) for 100 euros (5 door). My folks are out so we'll have the freedom to get about and its easier to get the heavy stuff back up to the apartment. Didn't fancy walking in the heat from the bus station to Torviscas Alto - about time the bus went up there as it well populated now. I'll have a look where the bus stops are for future reference. I'm going this afternoon so will be easy to remember to do it.

If you fancy trying the bus in the future - forgot to mention if you get off the bus at Costa Adeje bus station there is a taxi rank outside so its only a few euros to go up the Alto from there, def too far to walk!

bennoa1
10-08-2016, 13:54
Saw the bus stops. Must have walked by the 100+ times without noticing. Used the bus into LC a few times but going to use the service to Medano when we're out in December. Always use the taxi from the sea level to TA - 4.15 minimum during the day and 4.45 at night but still usually give them 4. We walked back from the Rumpot Sunday and we're sweating like pigs when we got back.