PDA

View Full Version : Other Good tapas?

justausername
28-07-2016, 22:38
I am coming to tenerife (Costa adeje) in a couple of days and happened across this forum today (whilst searching for info on tenerife football shirts, of all things).

The missus absolutely loves tapas - I'm not a massive fan myself - I figure I will get huge browny points if I could take her for some good tapas. Any of you fine people have some suggestions?

I apologise if there was a specific prefix for this kind of query but for the life of me I couldn't find it.

*edit* I have now found the subforum that this should go in, would a mod mind moving it across? Sorry!

imablue
28-07-2016, 23:09
Costa Adeje covers a very large part of the south of Tenerife with that in mind a majority of places are out of the resorts and you would do no worse than trying the petrol station places that have Tapas and other food stuffs on call.
Our own particular favourite at the moment is San Sebastion near El Galeon in Adeje. The place is always busy with locals and tourists..which says it all for me ..

macdonald5
29-07-2016, 08:35
Another suggestion would be The Willows in the Apollo Centre in Los Cristianos
Irish owner Mark does a tapas taster meal , selection of around 15 dishes at approx €12 euros per head
Excellent tasty food, location in a shopping centre not fancy but food and service great value
Wine and drinks all reasonably priced too

junglejim
30-07-2016, 08:05
Oddissea on Puerto Colon beach front does a good selection of Tapas at reasonable prices and a nice view too !

Ecky Thump
30-07-2016, 11:17
There's a Tapas restaurant along from the Princess Dacil Los Cristianos (now the Tryp Hotel) by the pet shop, we have been there a couple of times with friends, I personally think the food is overpriced, although it's well presented.

Tenerife Babe
01-08-2016, 12:56
Has anyone been to the Embryo one that is opposite the Mare Nostrum and can give a recommendation or not?

macdonald5
02-08-2016, 10:08
Has anyone been to the Embryo one that is opposite the Mare Nostrum and can give a recommendation or not?

No TB hadn't noticed it but checking TripAdvisor it gets good reviews, might try next visit
Like Magic Bar for cocktail so in vicinity !

bennoa1
02-08-2016, 10:09
Oddissea on Puerto Colon beach front does a good selection of Tapas at reasonable prices and a nice view too !

Its one of our favourite places to eat. Food is pretty good, comes relatively quickly and is good value, although never had the tapas. My parents are out at the minute and they tell me the restaurant has been full in the evening with people waiting for tables - not an issue for them as they always have the same table and its reserved.
Say hello to Luis for me - known him 20+ years. I'll be able to tell him myself on Thursday though.

Dutts
05-08-2016, 16:56
Sebastian's in Torviscas is well worth a visit, excellent tapas and you can have a 'main meal' instead if you wish. Takes some finding, check out their website

Alvy
05-08-2016, 17:07
funny one is looking for one :)
Last time in Tenerife, I was alright, but the better half says it was Tapas, that had- had her immobilized for until we left! :D good times for a couple of days with bucket next to the bed!

bennoa1
10-08-2016, 13:46
Sebastian's in Torviscas is well worth a visit, excellent tapas and you can have a 'main meal' instead if you wish. Takes some finding, check out their website

Been twice and disappointed both times.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Had some tapas in El Timon on Saturday with my parents and we all really enjoyed it. Shame I was driving!!

essexeddie
10-08-2016, 20:12
Farrow on the roundabout at the entrance road to the ferry terminal in Los Cris. We always go there. Lot of Spanish there so must be a good sign.

Ecky Thump
10-08-2016, 21:18
Farrow on the roundabout at the entrance road to the ferry terminal in Los Cris. We always go there. Lot of Spanish there so must be a good sign.

Eddie, what was the name of the place that you took Carol and myself to?

essexeddie
10-08-2016, 21:43
Eddie, what was the name of the place that you took Carol and myself to?

No I think that was the Sol Luna.

Ecky Thump
10-08-2016, 21:50
It was a old quaint place, all I can remember is that it's just off a roundabout and a few hundred metres up a farm track...it looked as if at some time in its life that it was a vineyard.

essexeddie
10-08-2016, 22:08
It was a old quaint place, all I can remember is that it's just off a roundabout and a few hundred metres up a farm track...it looked as if at some time in its life that it was a vineyard.

Arr! That was when we went out in the daytime to Buzzanada. Converted Fincas. That's something different. Not many people know that place. We have often bumped into ts1 there.

Ecky Thump
10-08-2016, 22:12
essexeddie Carol just found this photo of the Buzzanda from October 2014

Another one,

And now another! :D

!6630

essexeddie
10-08-2016, 22:25
Yep that's the Spanish one in Buzanada.
But it's not the Tapas one that I formally mentioned.

Ecky Thump
10-08-2016, 22:40
Yep that's the Spanish one in

But it's not the Tapas one that I formally mentioned.

I just googled it....

imablue
10-08-2016, 22:53

El Faro ( the Lighthouse) i am taking it to be..? and yes superb tapas...though we don,t tend to go down that way anymore...
Long drive home being the reason, besides having a few drinks of course.

shaun kelly
19-08-2016, 17:14
Been twice and disappointed both times.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Had some tapas in El Timon on Saturday with my parents and we all really enjoyed it. Shame I was driving!!

If that is the El Timon in El Medano I would agree also Playa Chico next door and the one opposite , all 3 are great .

bennoa1
22-08-2016, 13:39
If that is the El Timon in El Medano I would agree also Playa Chico next door and the one opposite , all 3 are great .

It is - been going 10+ years. Service was extremely slow in the past (always sit upstairs) but has improved the last 12 months or so. Dorado especial is my fave but the Mojitos are lovely too. Been to Play Chico but not the one opposite - always seem to have the loud people go in there (is it owned by an American?)

Patricia LS
22-08-2016, 21:32
Hi, there is an fantastic Tapas place in Adeje. Tapas Bar La Salud. Great tapas, lots of choice, nice service and good prices. No microwave, all fresh prepared on order. They are open 7 days a week. Just opposite the medical Centre in Adeje (Centro de Salud) Many locals are coming there as well. Just worth trying.

bennoa1
23-08-2016, 13:11
There are some good tapas places in La Caleta too but although you are nibbling away, at 4-5 euros a portion, the costs soon add up, and then there are the drinks. Ends up being a fairly expensive meal option, so we only do it occasionally. Don't do tapas if you are hungry.

Patricia LS
23-08-2016, 14:50
The tapas at Tapas Bar La Salud in Adeje, are from € 3,00 and in my opinion the portions are good. We were there with 3 people, had 5 different tapas, papas locas and drinks (local prices) and only paid € 28 and we were stuffed. Don't think that's expensive.

bennoa1
24-08-2016, 13:02
The tapas at Tapas Bar La Salud in Adeje, are from € 3,00 and in my opinion the portions are good. We were there with 3 people, had 5 different tapas, papas locas and drinks (local prices) and only paid € 28 and we were stuffed. Don't think that's expensive.

That's pretty good. 5 portions for 3 wouldn't be enough for us and we'd have to get a taxi as we like a tipple (unless we can persuade a nominated driver). Guess its up the hill towards the town hall?

imablue
24-08-2016, 13:26
Take a bus from Las Americas Bus Station, there is a bus stop right outside Tapas Bar La Salud just opposite the medical centre in Adeje.
The town hall is way on further up the hill.
Not eaten their ourselves, but having had a pleasant afternoon in Adeje Town we had a couple of drinks there before catching our bus home.

Patricia LS
24-08-2016, 17:02
Tapas Bar La Salud is at the beginning of Adeje, (townhall is much further on) opposite the medical Centre (Centro de Salud) and there is a busstop in front, so don't need a taxi

lsmt971
10-05-2017, 14:40
I know places open and close all the time so any good Tapas near Fanabe beach?

Nick1648
12-05-2017, 16:49
If you are close to La Caleta, you may want to try the Secrets Tasca (a bit hidden as the name suggests; not far from the Sheraton Hotel), but one of our favorites

lsmt971
13-05-2017, 09:13
If you are close to La Caleta, you may want to try the Secrets Tasca (a bit hidden as the name suggests; not far from the Sheraton Hotel), but one of our favorites
We stayed in Caleta a few years back and they we're all nice restaurants. We have said we will venture there this year but to visit the restaurant overhanging the bay