PDA

View Full Version : Wine connoisseur needed..

captain jack sparrow
30-07-2016, 20:32
Hi Guys, I'm over again in august and wanting some advice on rose wine...Im looking for something like a spanish equivalent of blossom hill...A nice sweet Rose', Any recommendations ? :cheers2:

macdonald5
30-07-2016, 20:56
Hi Guys, I'm over again in august and wanting some advice on rose wine...Im looking for something like a spanish equivalent of blossom hill...A nice sweet Rose', Any recommendations ? :cheers2:

We drink fair amount of rose wine in Tenerife, Comportellio (similar but not correct spelling) and Liria are very acceptable
rose vinos Both can be bought in Mercadona for around €2
We found some of the more expensive not so good for us anyway !!

Ecky Thump
30-07-2016, 22:00
The two members that should be a great help are LindaD or Carol55 , by the amount of wine that they consume together while in Tenerife should make them experts in the art of wine tasting. :D

Cousincas
31-07-2016, 08:50
You can buy Blossom Hill in Dial Prix, Los Cristianos. 4.85 a bottle

captain jack sparrow
31-07-2016, 09:03
Many thanks for your help so far folks, I would also love to hear recommendations from our two resident experts too...carol55, LindaD....:lol:

tfs1
31-07-2016, 09:37
For white we buy El Coto around € 3.30 a bottle and the red we like is Pata Negra - €3 a bottle or a box of 4 for €10 (from Mercadona), we are not experts or wine snobs but just like what we like.

ooppps - having reread your original request I see you are asking about Rose - my fault, sorry cant be of any help but good luck.

vove
01-08-2016, 15:20
If you like sweet wine you should totally visit wineyards of Valle de Güímar.

Back on topic: look for wine with grape variety called malvasia which is naturally sweet. They are mostly white wines (like Viñatigo) but there is also rose wine with addition of malvasia in ratio 70%:30% which adds nice sweet taste to it, I don't remember the name though.

lesbroz
01-08-2016, 21:44
I Love Rose wine, but unfortunately I think Blossom Hill is quite disgusting whilst my friends all like it. My favourite in Tenerife would be Torres DE Casta from Mercadona.

LindaD
01-08-2016, 22:32
Many thanks for your help so far folks, I would also love to hear recommendations from our two resident experts too...carol55, LindaD....:lol:

Now you ask, I really like Mateus Rose and you'll find it's cheaper in Tenerife than at home. Hardly an expert but ah ken whit a like ::cheers2::wine::wine:

Ecky Thump
02-08-2016, 22:12
Now you ask, Hardly an expert but ah ken whit a like ::cheers2::wine::wine:

Carol is much the same, but she finds it hard to find a alcoholic drink that she doesn't like! :D

macdonald5
03-08-2016, 08:25
Carol is much the same, but she finds it hard to find a alcoholic drink that she doesn't like! :D

And whits wrong with that ?? Keeps the economy afloat :boat1:

Ecky Thump
03-08-2016, 09:21
And whits wrong with that ?? Keeps the economy afloat :boat1:

With the amount of the Clydesdale Bank overdraft that I need to feed Carol's habit, it certainly keeps them afloat!;)

macdonald5
03-08-2016, 10:06
With the amount of the Clydesdale Bank overdraft that I need to feed Carol's habit, it certainly keeps them afloat!;)

And it keeps the Aussie bank in bonuses !! Win win

LindaD
03-08-2016, 22:42

You better get hiding ahent that sofa Ecky Thump before Carol reads this :doh:

Ecky Thump
03-08-2016, 22:52

Her computer is at the Dr's, she spilt a drink on it and it needing professionally dried out, which gave me the idea of sending her off to a clinic to get help. :vodkamachine: :devil2:

LindaD
04-08-2016, 00:14
Her computer is at the Dr's, she spilt a drink on it and it needing professionally dried out, which gave me the idea of sending her off to a clinic to get help. :vodkamachine: :devil2:

Best keep me a place there too then Ecky :whistle:

Carol55
04-08-2016, 20:40

Linda, I'm saying nothing, but I think that he should think of emigrating....even in Iraq he won't feel safe from me! :D

Alvy
04-08-2016, 21:10
He's not Gazza, is he?

Carol55
04-08-2016, 21:24
He's not Gazza, is he?

I hope not, if he is, then I'm going to hide my bottles from him.....Dorada sin alcohol is his tipple! :trink:

LindaD
04-08-2016, 21:39
Linda, I'm saying nothing, but I think that he should think of emigrating....even in Iraq he won't feel safe from me! :D

They'll no let him in Iraq Carol, he disnae drink the hard stuff :nono:

Carol55
04-08-2016, 21:42
They'll no let him in Iraq Carol, he disnae drink the hard stuff :nono:

If it means that he could get into Iraq, I would force feed Whisky into him through a tube! :D

LindaD
04-08-2016, 21:52
If it means that he could get into Iraq, I would force feed Whisky into him through a tube! :D

Mind you Carol, you can always take a parachute your next trip to Tenerife and if you're sitting near the door - well need I say more :wink2:

Alvy
04-08-2016, 21:54

Jeez!
is it what are you like on a daily basis?
The abuse, the terror...

Wish poor sod well from me?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

anw, lovely chatting with you ladies!

Catch up later...

Carol55
04-08-2016, 21:59
Jeez!
is it what are you like on a daily basis?
The abuse, the terror...

Wish poor sod well from me?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

anw, lovely chatting with you ladies!

Catch up later...

To be brutally honest, I don't know if you are attempting humour or being sarcastic. :dontknow:

LindaD
04-08-2016, 22:02
To be brutally honest, I don't know if you are attempting humour or being sarcastic. :dontknow:

He's just not tuned in to our sense of humour Carol, does he really think we would do that to Ecky :whistle:
Anyway who was "chatting" to him - it wisnae me:dontknow:

Alvy
05-08-2016, 10:50
My bet, he's alive and well and wasn't shipped to Iraq,
I would go there myself, but she said, that'd be too much, so Tenerife it is!

PeterTheDealer
05-08-2016, 13:17

He comes from Scotland and needs to be force fed whisky - Unbelievable. :D

LindaD
05-08-2016, 21:25
He comes from Scotland and needs to be force fed whisky - Unbelievable. :D

But true .............:wink:

Carol55
05-08-2016, 21:50
But true .............:wink:

It's also true that myself and Lesley have just opened a nice cool bottle of Cava and guess who isn't getting any?....but I did fill the kettle for him. :D

LindaD
05-08-2016, 22:02
It's also true that myself and Lesley have just opened a nice cool bottle of Cava and guess who isn't getting any?....but I did fill the kettle for him. :D

I feel his pain Carol :lol:
Hope you and Lesley enjoy. :wine::wine:

Ecky Thump
05-08-2016, 22:49

I feel his pain Carol :lol:
Hope you and Lesley enjoy. :wine::wine:

Linda, she put the kettle on and nothing else....not even a teabag in the cup.:cry:

LindaD
06-08-2016, 22:33
Linda, she put the kettle on and nothing else....not even a teabag in the cup.:cry:

I thought the kettle was on for soaking your feet Ecky Thump :laugh:

Ecky Thump
06-08-2016, 22:36
I thought the kettle was on for soaking your feet Ecky Thump :laugh:

Carol is staying alcohol free tonight, Liam the youngest is with us, but I'm sure that he will tempt her to have a drink.

LindaD
06-08-2016, 22:42
Carol is staying alcohol free tonight, Liam the youngest is with us, but I'm sure that he will tempt her to have a drink.

oh dear, hope he's not had her swinging from the chandeliers :crazy: