PDA

View Full Version : Television British Television and Internet

Barbara12
05-08-2016, 11:52
Hi

Can anyone advise if smart TV's work via the internet in Tenerife as they do back in to UK?

Currently we are payng for a box and internet which year on year is increasing and the signal comes and goes. Has anybody got advice on alternative systems.

Any information is appreciated.

Barbara12

vove
05-08-2016, 12:07
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_television

I personally have the Spanish Netflix subscription, but the choice is really low comparing to the American one, and you would need an American proxy service to access it.

Smart TV will work anywhere as long as you can plug it in and connect it to the Internet. The problem is: does your provider allow to receive the content outside of the country?

There are thousands of dirt cheap streaming services, check that wikipedia site for listing. If you are up for movies and tv series you might be interested in Amazon UK rental services.

candy2411
05-08-2016, 14:04
I have an amazon firestick with kodi and get all UK tv, new films and all sports channels. There is no subscription to pay just a one off purchase of around £60 but you do need good internet comnnection and reasonable download speed .

vove
05-08-2016, 14:35
Here's an example of connection requirements:

Amazon
Standard Definition (SD) videos: 900 Kbits/sec
High Definition (HD) videos: 3.5 Mbits/sec

Netflix
0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality

Bandwidth needed depends heavily on the codecs used by the provider, so there might be big differences between them.

Alvy
05-08-2016, 17:00
Back home, even a dead horse BBCi player is getting hammered with licensing issues.. :D

Barbara12
08-08-2016, 19:37
Thank you for this reply appreciated. However as our apartment is shared with sthe feral others think this may be difficult for some to understand how to use it.

Have you had a by dealings with Astra?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi what is a MX III box? We currently have an Internet box which seems to be problematic and loses channels, not sure if it is down to the signal or equipment. Our internet is provided via Astra have you had any dealings with them?

Megaloo
09-08-2016, 00:10
I have this box M8S+ Android Box I bought here in Tenerife from a gentleman for a one off payment no monthly charge he gives you a good back up service if you need help
I can get sky sports also although he does not say you can but lots of channels and free films more than enough