PDA

View Full Version : Other Olympics

essexeddie
14-08-2016, 22:26
Aren't we doing well.
For a small nation that's constantly put down it seems we are not that insignificant.
Just shows you that when all of our four nations stick together we can achieve the unachievable.

Pity we don't remember this at times.

willakawill
14-08-2016, 23:09
Would you look at that. Fiji got a gold medal! Such a tiny island. Only 837,000 inhabitants and they get a gold!
Hats off to Fiji !!

macdonald5
15-08-2016, 07:54
Super win Andy Murray....History made !!:thanx::jump2::scotland::scotland:

Ecky Thump
15-08-2016, 12:13

Errr, does he have a slightly Northern accent? :D

melm
15-08-2016, 18:27
Aren't we doing well.
For a small nation that's constantly put down it seems we are not that insignificant.
Just shows you that when all of our four nations stick together we can achieve the unachievable.

Great results for team GB. Another gold today, keep them coming :respect:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Watched it sitting on the edge of my seat.............Phew ...........exciting stuff.:tiphat:

information
16-08-2016, 12:06
Aren't we doing well.

I remember the days before the Lottery funding when we stuggled to win much. Just shows that if sheds full of money is put up we can produce top sportsmen and women. It like France and Spain did with grass roots football. Pity it took our FA 20 years to catch up, thats if they have.

i used to work with a 800 metre runner who went to the LA olympic and she was allowed 3 hours off work 3 times a week to train and this was only for the 2 months before the games. How things have changed.

essexeddie
16-08-2016, 18:43
I agree we were an embarrassment before the lottery money was diverted. I think we won about 14 golds now it's nearly 50. Quite an achievement.

Why are we so crap at football though?

melm
16-08-2016, 20:58
The athletes were all supposed to be amateur back in the past.