PDA

View Full Version : ferry between tenerife and spain

tfs1
16-08-2016, 16:28
Has anyone had recent experience of the ferry crossing between Tenerife and Spain or back.

The two options seem to offer a 30 hour or 60 hour crossing, the cost of a cabin is very expensive, certainly compared to our crossings with Brittany ferries between the UK and Spain - ARMAS offer a 'business class' reclining seat option ! but finding a picture of it/them is proving difficult.

I presume the cabin costs maybe pitched high due the the uncomfortable seats where you will have at least 1 nights sleep depending on which crossing is chosen. When you pay the high price for a 2 or 4 berth cabin is it yours ? I have heard of sharing a cabin but not sure if that happens for these crossings.

Whats the food like on board and any security issues with the cars ?

essexeddie
16-08-2016, 18:36
Bet I know what you are up to. ��

tfs1
17-08-2016, 10:26
Bet I know what you are up to. ��

you could be right !

Newforest
17-08-2016, 16:31
If you can do it on a plane, you can it on a ship, especially with all that fresh air!

mrvm1
01-10-2016, 12:56
Hi did u get any response on this as i would be interested to find out thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tfs1
01-10-2016, 17:53
Hi did u get any response on this as i would be interested to find out thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unusually for this forum I didnt get anything !

ddoyle
02-10-2016, 13:41
We have made the trip several times and I would recommend a cabin for the trip, also get a bono meal ticket from the desk at duty free the ticket cost €30 and covers all meals during the crossing, it works out at €6 a meal good value.

tfs1
02-10-2016, 16:48
We have made the trip several times and I would recommend a cabin for the trip, also get a bono meal ticket from the desk at duty free the ticket cost €30 and covers all meals during the crossing, it works out at €6 a meal good value.

Thanks for the feedback - which crossings have you made, do you know if there are any pictures online of the cabins etc, what are they like ? What cabins did you book and what facilties are in them. Were your crossings direct, I'm told some go via other islands hence the significant difference in the crossing times. Did you have any issues with the car onboard ?

What was there to do onboard apart from eat and sleep !

Thanks again

ddoyle
02-10-2016, 17:20
Hi, we use the Huelva to Tenerife ferry last time we used it was in June this year, the cabins are excellent very spacious with shower etc, we have never had any issues with our car on board you can access your car at set times during the crossing. A good idea is to use a travel bag for change of clothes etc, towels are supplied in the cabin for shower but use your own if prefer, there is a small swimming pool on board which is seasonal also entertainment crew, there is entertainment in the lounge at night and disco outdoor which is seasonal. The cabins are all four berth but you don't share with others if only two of you travel, The ferry usually stops at Gran Canaria depending on traffic.
We have used the ferry five times in the past few years and never had any issues while on board.