PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Amazon .es versus amazon.co.ik

Callaoanne
31-08-2016, 19:23
Hi everyone,anyone had experience of shopping with Amazon .co.uk and also with Amazon .es? The reason I am asking is that normally I shop with UK and have it shipped over to me here in Tenerife and I used to have to collect it at the post office(which is a no brainer anyway)
However I just ordered a circulation booster with UK and it was delivered to my door by carrier and I had to pay an extra 35.78 euros extra apparently for customs.I paid Amazon for the product and paid £7.84 for postage and packing. They did not inform me I would have to pay again when Amazon .es the carrier delivered so I had no choice but to pay up.
I know the Amazon .es site is in Spanish but I can manage that so my question is---- would it be cheaper to order through es, for example lower postage and possibly quicker service and I did look on the Spanish amazon for the circulation booster and it was not shown so I could not compare price and package.
If you have experienced using Amazon .es I would be glad to hear from you with advice and suggestions as to the best way to go about getting the products I would like.Thank you in anticipation.Anne.

doncarlos
31-08-2016, 20:22
I use the ES site on a regular basis. Where possible it’s better to purchase via AMAZON.ES because their helpdesk is more akin to dealing with problems of this nature. Not that long ago La consejera de Hacienda del Gobierno de Canarias increased the threshold over which goods purchased over the internet must pass through aduanas. This limit is now 150 Euros. What you must do when you place an order with AMAZON.ES is put your DNI or NIE as the second line in the delivery address. You’ll still be charged IGIC but you won’t be charged IVA.
Some of this is described here:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200893430_age/?nodeId=201335830

Unfortunately, none of this solves the problem of an item being available on the UK site and not on the ES site.

Callaoanne
01-09-2016, 15:51
Thank you don Carlos for that informative reply.Much appreciated.