PDA

View Full Version : Television Recording English movies on Spanish TV

Christianb
09-09-2016, 13:50
I have bought a TD Systems Full-HD TV 40" at Carrefour which sells for 209e and it is quite good once you adjust the colours.
Most of the Spanish channels on digital TV have an alternative audio option, so it is possible to hear original sound track of movies and documentaries and thus enjoy (and understand) them in original English, which is rather great!

The problem is that if I try to record them to the USB storage, it is not possible to set to record with the English audio, it always defaults to Spanish audio track, even if I am recording live while watching it in English!

The question is do you have a TV, or a digital receiver box, that can record the movie with the English audio, and if you do what make and model is it?

P.S.
If on this TV you set Brightness to 55 and Saturation to 40, the picture will look as good as on two or three times more expensive TVs.

delderek
09-09-2016, 14:43
I can't see this being possible on any form of USB device. I would think it only possible on a digital recorder plugged into the antenna first before the TV. Even then couldn't be certain. Some TV's have HDMI "out" with ARC (Audio Return Channel). That might work.

Christianb
09-09-2016, 15:11
Most of the latest TVs have their own USB port, for an external memory storage, so they can play media files or record the programme on it. If you have it, try to switch to English audio on a movie (AUDIO button on the remote) and press Record. Wait a minute and then play it back and check which audio has been recorded.

delderek
09-09-2016, 18:55
Most of the latest TVs have their own USB port, for an external memory storage, so they can play media files or record the programme on it. If you have it, try to switch to English audio on a movie (AUDIO button on the remote) and press Record. Wait a minute and then play it back and check which audio has been recorded.

Yes I know a usb device will record from the TV, but not what you are wanting to do, as the audio channel in English will be using a different frequency to the video channel. Many premium sets have 3 or 4 usb slots and 3 or 4 HDMI, but not many have HDMI Out with ARC.

jeste747
10-09-2016, 12:00
I had the same problem with our LG tv, but I did find after Id recorded to USB put it on play then press the subt. button on the remote, when it comes up, underneath the subtitle, there are three icons, the middle one looks like a speaker, click on this and it gives the choise of Spanish or original language.

Christianb
10-09-2016, 12:28
I had the same problem with our LG tv, but I did find after Id recorded to USB put it on play then press the subt. button on the remote, when it comes up, underneath the subtitle, there are three icons, the middle one looks like a speaker, click on this and it gives the choise of Spanish or original language.

OMG jeste747, you are an angel!!! You are right, the USB recording also stores the other language audio track, I just need to press AUDIO button on my remote again, something I just did not expect. This is fantastic as I can now record even HD quality blockbusters in both languages. Thanks a lot!

jeste747
10-09-2016, 16:49
Youre welcome.

OMG jeste747, you are an angel!!! You are right, the USB recording also stores the other language audio track, I just need to press AUDIO button on my remote again, something I just did not expect. This is fantastic as I can now record even HD quality blockbusters in both languages. Thanks a lot!