PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Bottle gas

Lyndon
11-09-2016, 18:37
Hi All coming over to live South Tenerife soon.

Need some advice on obtaining gas bottles and regulators for cooking, BBQ outside heaters etc.

Bringing a Large BBq over with us. Where can I purchase gas bottles from Las Chafiras Golf del Sur..

Lyndon

tfs1
11-09-2016, 19:30
Hi All coming over to live South Tenerife soon.

Need some advice on obtaining gas bottles and regulators for cooking, BBQ outside heaters etc.

Bringing a Large BBq over with us. Where can I purchase gas bottles from Las Chafiras Golf del Sur..

Lyndon

good question, cant help in acquiring one but...

On the mainland you need a license to acquire your first and subsequent bottles of 'butano' but normally like us you inherit a few when purchasing a property. We don't need any for our place in Tenerife.

Again on the mainland and presumably in Tenerife the price is centrally regulated. During this summer a standard orange Butano container cost €11.30 for a full replacement.

You take the empty one to a petrol station and take away a full one. A small charge is made if paying by credit card - again regulated, seem to recall the price rose to €11.65 - we always paid with cash.

Lyndon
27-09-2016, 12:31
Thanks guys.
Just got a 5 kg bottle and regulator from Disa garage Las Chafiras new, no exchange - butane only ( butano)
Filled in a form while there for registering with Disa. Take NIE number or passport with you. Will try to upgrade to larger bottle when this ones empty. If nowt else I have gas!! Refill costs €8:40. Let you know as saga unfolds.

Lyndon
11-10-2016, 14:43
Hi it's white in colour and has a plastic exterior. It is approx 0.5 metres tall.
It is half the size of the silver/grey bottles. Easier to carry if you travel by bus.
They were inside the petrol station office when I purchased one.

Hope this helps