PDA

View Full Version : Other Euros or sterling

Mr s
15-09-2016, 17:55
I have just booked a studio for 2wks in January 2018, they have given me the price in euros.

I have got to pay a deposit, I know it's just over a yr to go, would I be better asking if I could pay

In sterling or would it be an advantage in euros.

I am coming over 17th December for 2wks this yr.

I have got to pay on arrival.

delderek
15-09-2016, 18:36
I have just booked a studio for 2wks in January 2018, they have given me the price in euros.

I have got to pay a deposit, I know it's just over a yr to go, would I be better asking if I could pay

If anyone knew the answer to that, they would be some mega rich currency trader, and wouldn't share the info with you. General theory is, sterling will decline, but it's only a theory!

willakawill
15-09-2016, 20:36

If you are paying the deposit now, it will make no difference because the exchange rate is what it is.

Ecky Thump
15-09-2016, 21:05
If you are paying the deposit now, it will make no difference because the exchange rate is what it is.

Not totally true as it all depends on whether the OP already has Euros bought at a earlier time and the answer would then depend on the exchange rate that they were bought at.

willakawill
15-09-2016, 21:49
Not totally true as it all depends on whether the OP already has Euros bought at a earlier time and the answer would then depend on the exchange rate that they were bought at.

I understand why you say that. It is a kind of optical illusion of the financial world. If he is currently holding Euros, they can only be valued at the current exchange rate. The rate at which they were bought does not factor into their current value except to say that they have gained or lost value in the interim. If he paid double for them previously, they have already lost that value. If he paid half for them, they have already gained that value.

If he has to pay his deposit now, the exchange rate is whatever it is. The current value of his, already exchanged, Euros are worth slightly more than sterling because they don't have a fee to pay for the exchange (already paid).

macdonald5
15-09-2016, 21:56
Is this guy on 'something' ??

willakawill
15-09-2016, 22:31
The exchange rate today is 1.17772

Ecky Thump
15-09-2016, 22:52
Is this guy on 'something' ??

He certainly does try hard to hide from the truth in the fact that he made a simple mistake in his response to my post.

To simplify my reasoning for him, if I exchanged £1 and received €2 in exchange and today bought one bag of crisps at €1, then I still have €1 to buy another bag of crisps at a later date.

If today I only received €1 for my £1, then I have nothing left to buy anything........but all this is nonsense as we are talking about a deposit for a holiday, not a bag of crisps.:D

Now we will have to wait in anticipation for his next reply, where he will undoubtably go to great lengths to prove his point of view in a very unfriendly manner.;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Added to the post after following WillakaWill's link.

How sad a person he is, when in his silly childish attempt to ridicule you macdonald5 that he has linked his reply to a thread where someone is seeking genuine help.:angry:

willakawill
15-09-2016, 23:35
He certainly does try hard to hide from the truth in the fact that he made a simple mistake in his response to my post.

To simplify my reasoning for him, if I exchanged £1 and received €2 in exchange and today bought one bag of crisps at €1, then I still have €1 to buy another bag of crisps at a later date.

If today I only received €1 for my £1, then I have nothing left to buy anything........but all this is nonsense as we are talking about a deposit for a holiday, not a bag of crisps.:D

Now we will have to wait in anticipation for his next reply, where he will undoubtably go to great lengths to prove his point of view in a very unfriendly manner.;)

How sad a person he is, when in his silly childish attempt to ridicule you macdonald5 that he has linked his reply to a thread where someone is seeking genuine help.:angry:

As has been typical of your posts, all attacks on me are ignored and my response is presented as a stand alone piece of aggression. That makes you a liar. A public liar. A shameless, greasy, bottom feeding liar. I have an endless history of your toxic posts to tap into to prove my point.

As for your math skills: Please, please never go to a bank or currency exchange when visiting Tenerife. I will give you the absolute best deal with a free bag of crisps.

Ecky Thump
15-09-2016, 23:41
Tut Tut, I do believe the TROLL is a tad annoyed....it's a very typical symptom of a Trolls paranoia....

." They are out to get me":cry:

willakawill
15-09-2016, 23:42
Tut Tut, I do believe the TROLL is a tad annoyed....it's typical symptom of a Trolls paranoia....." There out to get me":cry:

You are talking to yourself in the third person. Have you been skipping those meds again?

Ecky Thump
15-09-2016, 23:49
You are talking to yourself in the third person. Have you been skipping those meds again?

It has been noted that once again that you have modified a post and a link to discredit a previous post, but unfortunetly it has already been noted or are you going to deny this action?

willakawill
16-09-2016, 00:01
It has been noted that once again that you have modified a post and a link to discredit a previous post, but unfortunetly it has already been noted or are you going to deny this action?

It has been noted that you have the communication skills of a rabid baboon, the math skills of a three year old with 15 fingers and the social magnetism of a leper. Are you going to deny this?
Why do you continue to hijack other members serious threads with your incontinence?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

A message from your fans (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaj8W6nPKUg)

Ecky Thump
16-09-2016, 00:23
How unfortunate. You appear to have posted on the wrong thread. Let me be of some assistance to you and redirect you to the thread you most likely thought you were responding to and the one where you have, for obvious reasons, bonded with the op. Please ask nurse to click here for you (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?41716-Friendliness-list-by-country).

Are you going to deny this?
Why do you continue to hijack other members serious threads with your incontinence?

A message from your fans (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaj8W6nPKUg)

Maybe you should look at your own post #7 before making accusations of me hijacking other peoples threads!!

willakawill
16-09-2016, 00:31
Maybe you should look at your own post #7 before making accusations of me hijacking other peoples threads!!

As you keep getting spanked in these exchanges, I have come to the conclusion that you are either extraordinarily brave or just a clinically diagnosed, gold stamped moron.
To-date I have seen no evidence of the former.

I see you have been editing the quotes again. What an absolute charmer you are and what a dreadful thing to write about that poor, frail McDonut person.

My apologies to Mr s, who, by now, must have serious misgivings about starting this thread.
Back to your original intention for posting.

If, some time in the past, I converted 1,000 pounds to 2,000 euros, then I now have 2,000 euros. They are worth precisely 2,000 euros. If my deposit is also 2,000 euros, then I can pay that with my euros and be happy. The euros I will be paying with might now be worth 2,000 pounds so, by paying with the euros, I am handing over the equivalent of 2,000 pounds, the exact value in sterling of the euros. I could also convert the euros to pounds and have 2,000 pounds to pay the deposit, which, because of the exchange rate, is also exactly the right amount. I could also just pay 2,000 pounds without using my euros and I could also convert 2,000 pounds into 2,000 euros and pay the deposit that way. All of these have the exact same result. I am either handing over 2,000 pounds or 2,000 pounds worth of euros.

Ecky Thump
16-09-2016, 08:50
This individual willakawill is being allowed by the moderator team and owner to post in a manner that is disgraceful, he is going to any lengths to discredit and insult forum members. He is in short a despicable, arrogant individual who lacks any morals.

If my word is not to be believed on the subject of him having modified his posts, then I am more than willing to email other members 'screen shots' showing at what time they were altered, one of which is his post #7 where he insulted forum member macdonald5 and put a link to a thread where another member was asking for help with a relative who was suffering from dementia, It should be pointed out that yesterday evening a moderator was reading this thread and as yet for whatever reason has taken no action.

glassman
16-09-2016, 09:50
Is willywacker or whatever he's called trying to ruin this forum with his insulting behaviour
If so he's certainly doing so
I'm really getting p..d off as it has been the source of good information and I'm afraid it's all getting ruined

Tony the Welder
16-09-2016, 10:07

if it was my studio and i gave you a price in euros that is what i wanted ie euros not sterling

Carol55
16-09-2016, 11:37
if it was my studio and i gave you a price in euros that is what i wanted ie euros not sterling

That's certainly the way it has worked for us, if a Tenerife private renter asks for payment in £'s, it's generally that they intend to visit the UK.

willakawill
16-09-2016, 13:34
This individual willakawill is being allowed by the moderator team and owner to post in a manner that is disgraceful, he is going to any lengths to discredit and insult forum members. He is in short a despicable, arrogant individual who lacks any morals.

If my word is not to be believed on the subject of him having modified his posts, then I am more than willing to email other members 'screen shots' showing at what time they were altered, one of which is his post #7 where he insulted forum member macdonald5 and put a link to a thread where another member was asking for help with a relative who was suffering from dementia, It should be pointed out that yesterday evening a moderator was reading this thread and as yet for whatever reason has taken no action.

Life with Eric (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I)

lesbroz
16-09-2016, 23:01
Please leave this forum Willakawill. You have nothing to offer and we have lots to gain if you leave.

willakawill
17-09-2016, 01:18
Please leave this forum Willakawill. You have nothing to offer and we have lots to gain if you leave.

OK then. Thanks for the advice. I'll be off. I appreciate your candid and kind support. Thank you for all of your insights and very informative posts. You are very obviously a kind hearted woman. There should be more like you on every forum. From this moment on, this forum will be your ideal source of information, assistance and friendship. God bless you.

Peanuts
17-09-2016, 08:48

Thank god you are not my banker or accountant!

Ecky Thump
17-09-2016, 08:52
Thank god you are not my banker or accountant!

Well let's hear your own unique advice on the subject.

Peanuts
17-09-2016, 09:05
Well let's hear your own unique advice on the subject.

"..it all depends on whether the OP already has Euros bought at a earlier time.."

Think about what you have written and the penny will drop.

Ecky Thump
17-09-2016, 09:10
"

Think about what you have written and the penny will drop.

So, basically you have no advice or opinion of your own, your only input is criticism of my thoughts....

Peanuts
17-09-2016, 09:16
So, basically you have no advice or opinion of your own, your only input is criticism of my thoughts....

Please come to your own conclusions on this simple maths question and stop throwing your toys out of the pram.

10 apples (Euros) changed into 8 pears (pounds) to pay 10 apples, you still need 10 apples or 8 pears.

Ecky Thump
17-09-2016, 09:23
Please come to your own conclusions on this simple maths question and stop throwing your toys out of the pram.

10 apples (Euros) changed into 8 pears (pounds) to pay 10 apples, you still need 10 apples or 8 pears.

Very good, you were born to be a vegetarian! :D

Peanuts
17-09-2016, 09:29
Very good, you were born to be a vegetarian! :D

More toys coming my way?

Ecky Thump
17-09-2016, 09:52
More toys coming my way?

Your not very good on the old sarcasm front, but at the present time I'm at the Dental Hospital in Glasgow and you've definetly brightened up my day, so thank you for that. :-)

Peanuts
17-09-2016, 10:05
Your not very good on the old sarcasm front, but at the present time I'm at the Dental Hospital in Glasgow and you've definetly brightened up my day, so thank you for that. :-)

You are sure you are in the right place? You should go back to school and pick up your toys on the way. LOL

Ecky Thump
17-09-2016, 10:15
You are sure you are in the right place? You should go back to school and pick up your toys on the way. LOL

Thanks for the advice about www.toysrus.co.u , but you really do need some more tuition on sarcasm and originality.:p

Now back to the opening post asking for advice that you have yet to offer, it's now a case for you to either put up or shut up. ;)

Peanuts
17-09-2016, 10:24
Thanks for the advice about www.toysrus.co.u , but you really do need some more tuition on sarcasm and originality.:p

Now back to the opening post asking for advice that you have yet to offer, it's now a case for you to either put up or shut up. ;)

You are just plain nasty hiding behind "sarcasm".

My advice, do not listen to people who do not know what they are talking about, but still have an opinion and then get nasty when found out.

Now you can have your last word or listen to your wife LOL, as I have moved on.

Carol55
17-09-2016, 11:14
You are just plain nasty hiding behind "sarcasm".

My advice, do not listen to people who do not know what they are talking about, but still have an opinion and then get nasty when found out.

Now you can have your last word or listen to your wife LOL, as I have moved on.

I'm sure that he will listen to your advice, or even that of your mentor....WillakaWill, who you have given more food for him to regurgitate and he I'm sure will also be along later to give you some much needed aid.

macdonald5
17-09-2016, 16:18
Reading this post today,the funniest reply is from Glassman (willywacker....I am still laughing as I do this post).

And 'wholehazel 'is backing him !!