PDA

View Full Version : Problem with viewing & posting on Tenerife Forum

Addick
20-09-2016, 17:32
Has anyone else had problems trying to view the forum and post on it lately?

I use Firefox and keep getting an error message about failed redirects:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Googling the error returns a solution of clearing cache & cookies for the site but that doesn't resolve the error. I turned cookies off for the site so I could at least read posts, but unfortunately that included those by a particularly active member who I had on my ignore list (the only one on there).

I tried other browsers but had the same issue. The only way I have just discovered to be able to post is to use a 'Private Window':wow: in Firefox and that seems to work. No big deal really, and is most likely a problem my end. Just curious if anyone else has had/is having a similar problem.

At least my ignore list works again :)

lynno52
20-09-2016, 18:26
I too have had some problems over the last couple of days, I use Firefox. My wi-fi was probably the problem though as there was a reported issue. It seems to be quite slow at the moment on the Forum.

melm
20-09-2016, 18:27
Has anyone else had problems trying to view the forum and post on it lately?

I use Firefox and keep getting an error message about failed redirects:

Googling the error returns a solution of clearing cache & cookies for the site but that doesn't resolve the error. I turned cookies off for the site so I could at least read posts, but unfortunately that included those by a particularly active member who I had on my ignore list (the only one on there).

I tried other browsers but had the same issue. The only way I have just discovered to be able to post is to use a 'Private Window':wow: in Firefox and that seems to work. No big deal really, and is most likely a problem my end. Just curious if anyone else has had/is having a similar problem.

At least my ignore list works again :)

The only way I can access the forum at the minute is by using Google chrome. Similar situation to you with my usual browser. Strange

Addick
20-09-2016, 18:56
Aaah right, thanks lynno52 & melm (wish I could get tags to work!)

Maybe the problem isn't my end then.

I should've said that this forum is the only one I've had the issue with.

melm
20-09-2016, 18:57
Aaah right, thanks lynno52 & melm (wish I could get tags to work!)

Maybe the problem isn't my end then.

I should've said that this forum is the only one I've had the issue with.

Me too :eyebrows:

Christianb
20-09-2016, 22:02
I use Google Chrome, never had problems.

BobMac
20-09-2016, 22:40
I've been getting error messages showing that my browser is failing to load this forum because of multiple redirects which eventually crashes it - I'm getting this on my tablet and my Apple MacBook on all my browsers. Where's the moderators when you need them ??

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

BobMac
20-09-2016, 22:42
Interestingly, the redirects seem to be trying to load the Facebook Tenerife Forum for some reason.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk