PDA

View Full Version : Other Flight prices for May 2017

Mr s
20-09-2016, 17:33
Hope some one can give me a bit of good advise, I am thinking of booking accommodation
In los cristionas for the 2nd wk in May, I have had a quick look at flight prices, ryanair work
Out over £400. Monarch about £370 depending weather you book extras. I did not think the
Prices would be so high. My question is, what are the average prices for May. I know a lot
Depends on when you book, but I generally visit Xmas/NY. Where I have to take a morgage
Out to pay for it. Should I hang on for easy jet flights to come out or do peeps think those prices above are reasonable.
Advice appresiated thanks.

Ecky Thump
20-09-2016, 17:38
It depends on what airport that you are flying from, for a example, flying from Prestwick airport to Tenerife, then over the last ten years with flying with Ryanaire I have always booked as early as possible for the month of May and the advertised prices have never come down in price, but many have gone up. I suppose it's a case of supply and demand.

macdonald5
20-09-2016, 17:44
Air fares have varied a lot over years
May this year we paid £537 ( Glasgow/ Tenerife for 2 incl luggage and extra leg room ) with Jet2
May next year we've booked with Norwegian Air ( Edinburgh/ Tenerife for 2 incl luggage and extra leg room) £325
Don't know if Norwegian Air fly from your area but worth looking at if suit, we've saved £1000 this Dec/ Jan with them v Jet2
Friends use Easy Jet at acceptable prices
You do need to shop around these days for flight prices we feel

Mr s
20-09-2016, 17:50
Thanks for that, it would be flying from birmingham have only just decided ,so missed out on early release of flights.
I have flown with easy jet a few times but they only fly from bristol, not bothered if price is right.

Easy jet should be releasing flights early October but don't know about prices untill released

melm
20-09-2016, 18:24
Thanks for that, it would be flying from birmingham have only just decided ,so missed out on early release of flights.
I have flown with easy jet a few times but they only fly from bristol, not bothered if price is right.

Easy jet should be releasing flights early October but don't know about prices untill released

Worth checking Norwegian air as suggested by Mrs Mac. Vueling fly from Birmingham,worth a look.

delderek
20-09-2016, 19:05
May is normally a very quiet and nice month in Tenerife with cheap flights, are you sure you are not looking at "Half term" dates, which of course will be silly prices.

macdonald5
20-09-2016, 20:05
Recently we have not found May cheap flights ! Prices definitely have risen even at 'quieter' times
Now if price is acceptable we buy
Not aware of any 'half term' dates in Scotland in May...usually an exam month here

delderek
20-09-2016, 21:01
Yup just had a look it's end of may for the rest of the UK. But not Scotland.

tub
20-09-2016, 21:10
not sure if this helps we are booked on jet2 to tenerife for christmas but we are in lanzarote now and we came with thomas cook from east mids they were the cheapest we could get and we booked for fuerteventura in march with them and they beat ryanaire maybe worth looking at but hand luggage is only 6kg

Ecky Thump
20-09-2016, 21:20
I booked our Ryanaire flights to Tenerife from Prestwick for May 2017 two weeks ago and they are £60 lower than the price I paid for the flights for May 2016, which were paid at the corresponding time twelve months ago.

simplymark
21-09-2016, 07:39
just looked at iberia. direct flights to tfs was £246 from the 14th of may. this was for a direct flight and includes seat and 23 kilo of luggage. if you are prepared to do a two leg journey, which is what we do, then its is £174 - the only difference is that you have to get off the plane walk down the terminal and get on another.

Ecky Thump
21-09-2016, 09:36
just looked at iberia. direct flights to tfs was £246 from the 14th of may. this was for a direct flight and includes seat and 23 kilo of luggage. if you are prepared to do a two leg journey, which is what we do, then its is £174 - the only difference is that you have to get off the plane walk down the terminal and get on another.

Mark, what airport is that from, it may help others to get a good deal if it's local to them. :idea:

Alvy
21-09-2016, 10:56
Norwegian air is also fairly reasonable ;)

simplymark
21-09-2016, 11:08
Mark, what airport is that from, it may help others to get a good deal if it's local to them. :idea:

this is from heathrow. from birmingham to tenerife north is £207. direct flight including seat and 23kilo luggage. please note the price of flights can change over the day but still tend to be good value. we live in wales and take 2 1/2 hours to heathrow but our flights to tenerife for three people was only £360 - so it is good value.

macdonald5
21-09-2016, 11:42
Good price for you
I checked Edinburgh/ Tenerife for May ....£191 but 1 stop in Madrid making it a 26 hour trip ....wouldn't suit us
With Norwegian Air Edinburgh / Tenerife ...May 2017 £160 with luggage & extra leg room seat ....direct flight
Different airports ,different choices available

Mr s
23-09-2016, 07:57
Good price for you
I checked Edinburgh/ Tenerife for May ....£191 but 1 stop in Madrid making it a 26 hour trip ....wouldn't suit us
With Norwegian Air Edinburgh / Tenerife ...May 2017 £160 with luggage & extra leg room seat ....direct flight
Different airports ,different choices available

Hi, thanks for all the replies, I have gone & booked a flight from birmingham with JET2
£379. With 1 bag 22kgs but we are allowed 10kgs each on hand luggage, booked seats
Which cost £46.

Was going to wait for easyjet to realease flights in October, but at least I am flying from
Local airport. Don't know if I have done the right thing never been with jet2.rolleyes2:rolleyes2:

macdonald5
23-09-2016, 09:03
To be honest, Jet2 were always our preferred flight but recently their prices have gone through the roof ( eg for this Dec/ Jan they were £1000 more than Norwegian Air from Edinburgh ). No brainier really

Ecky Thump
23-09-2016, 09:04
Hi, thanks for all the replies, I have gone & booked a flight from birmingham with JET2
£379. With 1 bag 22kgs but we are allowed 10kgs each on hand luggage, booked seats
Which cost £46.

Was going to wait for easyjet to realease flights in October, but at least I am flying from
Local airport. Dont know if I have done the right thing never been with jet2.rolleyes2:rolleyes2:

If you've booked flights to Tenerife, then you have definitely done the right thing:) as macdonald5 pointed out don't go back and study prices to see if you could have got cheaper flights, we shouldn't look back on our lives looking for something to regret, now you have a Tenerife holiday to look forward to! :jumping:

tub
23-09-2016, 23:18
i always say to my wife when she goes on about spending on holidays i want to look back and say that was a good break not look back and say i wished we had have gone away

macdonald5
24-09-2016, 08:16
A young friend I worked with always said she'd rather have a blooming good weeks holiday are a scrimping two weeks
She always came home 'spent up' even if she had to use last of holiday money at airport

fixer
24-09-2016, 15:47
April 1st from Prestwick return the 9th a incredable £336 no booked seats or luggage!

Ecky Thump
24-09-2016, 15:56
April 1st from Prestwick return the 9th a incredable £336 no booked seats or luggage!

Flights from Luton with Ryanair return one day later £273 .....North/South divide!!
:whistle:

macdonald5
24-09-2016, 16:06
1st to 8th April Ryanair Edinburgh/ Tenerife £294 no seats/ luggage.....East/ West divide too !!

delderek
24-09-2016, 16:29
I hope that's for two.

Ecky Thump
24-09-2016, 16:56
I hope that's for two.

One can live in hope, but nope that's the cost per passenger.:-(

delderek
24-09-2016, 18:13
Bloody hell!. If we get those sort of prices from Gatwick, I'm going to Margate :whistle: No EasyJet prices beyond March 2017. but return prices 114 quid for end of March

macdonald5
24-09-2016, 18:41
I hope that's for two.

No way !! That's one . Welcome to Scottish pricing !!

Bradders3863
25-09-2016, 11:13
Hi, easyJet flights for May come out first week in October, might be worth waiting for them to come out? we paid £246 for two of us return for May 16

LUCKY
25-09-2016, 11:51
One can live in hope, but nope that's the cost per passenger.:-(

You are so correct one can live in Hope ! :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/derbyshire/hope/

information
25-09-2016, 12:21
don't forget, aircraft fuel is priced in US dollars so the price since the pound crashed following BREXIT will start to bite.

Ecky Thump
25-09-2016, 12:39
You are so correct one can live in Hope ! :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/derbyshire/hope/

Welcome back Lucky.....it's good to see you here again. :hi:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

don't forget, aircraft fuel is priced in US dollars so the price since the pound crashed following BREXIT will start to bite.

I just hope our resident Plonker and his secret Squirrel don't see that post with the word 'Brexit' or they will return to spread their constant doom and gloom! :p

macdonald5
25-09-2016, 14:51
Was just thinking the same Ecky !! Any opening ??