PDA

View Full Version : Health Milk

tristy15
23-09-2016, 13:43
I was unwell for the first 3 days of our holiday (nausea) but when I cut out milk (bottled from supermarket) I seemed to be ok. Seemed very strange. I had the same thing happen last time we were there. Has anyone else had this problem? I could drink the hot milk served in coffee in bars, was fine. I have no problem with milk back in the UK. Any info would be welcomed. Thanks

doncarlos
23-09-2016, 21:15
The milk served in bars is UHT but the bottled milk could be unpasteurised. Did you check the labelling?

tristy15
23-09-2016, 22:06
The milk served in bars is UHT but the bottled milk could be unpasteurised. Did you check the labelling?

I didn't check the labelling. I assumed (naively) that all the milk sold in supermarkets was pasteurised. Is that not the case?

doncarlos
24-09-2016, 08:50
I don’t know the answer to that but I wouldn’t assume that either. There are places, not necessarily supermarkets, where you can buy raw milk from. It’s always best to read the labelling to make sure you’re getting treated cow’s milk and not, for example, raw donkey’s milk.

I suspect that all flash-pasteurised milk is probably treated locally and the process may differ slightly from what you’re used to.

tristy15
24-09-2016, 12:00
I don’t know the answer to that but I wouldn’t assume that either. There are places, not necessarily supermarkets, where you can buy raw milk from. It’s always best to read the labelling to make sure you’re getting treated cow’s milk and not, for example, raw donkey’s milk.

I suspect that all flash-pasteurised milk is probably treated locally and the process may differ slightly from what you’re used to.

Thanks for all your help doncarlos.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for all your help doncarlos.