PDA

View Full Version : Injury Claim for car accident

Paul Michael
26-09-2016, 11:00
Hi,

Can anyone help please.

I was involved in a non fault car accident when an 82 year old Spanish woman crashed into the back of my hire car (Autoreisen) last week.

I called the Police who got all her details and I have the whole thing clearly on my car cam.

We are home in the UK now but 3 out of the 5 of us in my car have a neck/ back injury.

Is there a good company to use to make an injury claim in Tenerife or should I use someone now I am home in the UK?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Ecky Thump
26-09-2016, 11:08
Hi,

Can anyone help please.

I was involved in a non fault car accident when an 82 year old Spanish woman crashed into the back of my hire car (Autoreisen) last week.

I called the Police who got all her details and I have the whole thing clearly on my car cam.

We are home in the UK now but 3 out of the 5 of us in my car have a neck/ back injury.

Is there a good company to use to make an injury claim in Tenerife or should I use someone now I am home in the UK?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Given the way that insurance companies worldwide now view neck injuries (whiplash) with suspicion and the fact that the claim is being made from another country, then I would think any claim would be hard to prove, unless of course you had medical help at the time of the accident or immediately after....but good luck if you find a lawyer who is prepared to take on your case.

Paul Michael
26-09-2016, 11:13
Hi, yes, we all ended up in Hospiten and spend a day there having medicals, xrays and consultations. They gave us the xrays to take home and told us to contact our GP here.

Ecky Thump
26-09-2016, 11:20
Hi, yes, we all ended up in Hospiten and spend a day there having medicals, xrays and consultations. They gave us the xrays to take home and told us to contact our GP here.

Let's hope that someone who lives in Tenerife see's your post and can lead you to a good claims lawyer, in the meantime I will phone my Daughter in Laws father who is a lawyer in the UK to see if he has any contacts or can offer any professional legal advice for you.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

He has just emailed me this company who he has listed and is almost certain that they will deal with motor insurance claimss or should be able to offer you some assistance and advice, bearing in mind that it will be two Spanish insurance companies who will be involved in any litigation.

Hodgson Abogodas

Website - www.hodgson.es
Email -hodgson@hodgson.es
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Tel - 34 922 247 365 or 34 922 532 070

Hope some of this is of some help to you and that my Daughter in Law's father does not send me a bill for his time!! :wink:

Paul Michael
26-09-2016, 12:27
Thanks very much.

Regards

Paul

Peanuts
26-09-2016, 12:29
Please see Google on this topic a bit more. Under European law you can make a claim in the UK and your solicitor will deal with it there. They will take into account your place of living and where the accident happened. In Spain you have 1 year to make a claim, in the UK 3 years, but Spanish law will be taken into consideration.
The people in the car might even claim of you initially and you claim of the other driver.

Google a solicitor who specializes on European accident law. They might offer no win no fee. The courts in Spain are very slow and cost a lot of money, which you might not be able to claim back. Try the UK first as it is your home before you start legal proceedings here.

jack oakley
26-09-2016, 18:32
Irwin Mitchell helped me with a car accident claim in Tenerife 10 years ago, they were very good. www.irwinmitchell.com
I would add that Spanish insurance claim payouts especially for whiplash are substantially lower than the UK, unless your xrays show obvious fractures or muscular injury, and unless you provide proof of lost work time the insurers will not pay out so you will have difficulty in securing a no win no charge deal.