PDA

View Full Version : Other Owned apartment since September 2015

kazza299
03-10-2016, 08:48
Hi all hoping with a wealth of experience here you can guide me. I have owned an apartment in Los Cristianos since September 2015 and understand I can rent it out as long as there is a management company on site. Do you know if this means a physical office on site or can it relate to a contact being available to visit the site when necessary? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
Thanks in advance.

macdonald5
03-10-2016, 08:51
:welcome:
I don't know but sure someone will be able to advise you soon

delderek
03-10-2016, 09:08
Hi all hoping with a wealth of experience here you can guide me. I have owned an apartment in Los Cristianos since September 2015 and understand I can rent it out as long as there is a management company on site. Do you know if this means a physical office on site or can it relate to a contact being available to visit the site when necessary? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
Thanks in advance.

Has to be an authorised "Sole agent" on site. And of course the complex must have a "Tourist licence".

kazza299
03-10-2016, 09:44
thank you very much

Alvy
03-10-2016, 11:39
Quite certain, YOU CAN NOT rent it out to tourists as it is not VVI licensed. Although "Estate agents" do find ways as how to turn it in to what you believe is legalized, but risk is on you!

Solutions would be either rent own-selves as to friends or family or long term lettings (3 month's +)

Unless, the apartment is on complex, with agent, but be ready to learn, you are being left with near nothing(from 90% to 20%of rental income), due to the charges, vacancies etc.

We've been contemplating move (still are), but only recently had bigger push on my property UK and taken constructive steps to get everything in order(In Tenerife)... not easy, at all!

kazza299
03-10-2016, 11:59
thanks everyone. my apartment is on a complex and the complex has a tourist licence I just wondered if there were further legalities re requiring a managed office on site etc. Lots of avenues to explore, as you say Alvy possibly renting long term to friends and family. We use the apartment ourselves, not as much as we'd like to but only 44 ourselves with a 13 year old daughter and running our own business in the UK and only able to go during school holidays makes it difficult to utilise.

tfs1
03-10-2016, 12:13
what complex is your apartment on ?

kazza299
03-10-2016, 12:22
tfs1 on Cristian Sur

fixer
03-10-2016, 12:47
Who looks after it tenerife south or atlantic Horizons i recommend you go speak to Martin in Tenerife south he will be able to help you office in Amarillo block tsms4apartments@yahoo.co.uk http://www.tenerifesouthmanagementservices.net/