PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment How is the world of Entertainment currently on the Island

TCooper
04-10-2016, 12:09
Greetings to all,

Just a general enquiry, I was due to bring my act to the Island this year, however, sadly I never made it... just want to know if the entertainment circuit is picking up and looking good for next year? I was informed that there wasn't really any venues open for new acts as the well established acts have taken all the slots...but nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say so what is the real deal at the moment in regards to new acts?

Thank you and have a great week

TC

Alvy
04-10-2016, 14:56
I'll be honest on this one.
Few previous times, I have gone out of boredom to few places with entertainment, last visit- not one, not once and it seems, that the trend is that way- nobody is interested in anything more than relaxing, especially as (Brits) tourists are getting more and more weary of their pennies and consequence's of Brexit
What it once use to be entrainment, hard to get in to clubs etc- now- way lesser of demand.
Big players- big hotels etc is still full on, but for a starter it'll be hard,
Sorry, and best wishes for success!

TCooper
05-10-2016, 07:51
Alvy,

Much appreciate the honesty and overview...

Thank you

seanocelt
05-10-2016, 11:48
I'll be honest on this one.
Few previous times, I have gone out of boredom to few places with entertainment, last visit- not one, not once and it seems, that the trend is that way- nobody is interested in anything more than relaxing, especially as (Brits) tourists are getting more and more weary of their pennies and consequence's of Brexit
What it once use to be entrainment, hard to get in to clubs etc- now- way lesser of demand.
Big players- big hotels etc is still full on, but for a starter it'll be hard,
Sorry, and best wishes for success!

This is absolutely the biggest load of crap and misinformation i have read on this forum as a member for around ten years. Utter tosh.

macdonald5
05-10-2016, 11:58
Any place we pass with decent entertainment on is packed to the rafters most nights

Alvy
05-10-2016, 11:58
This is absolutely the biggest load of crap and misinformation i have read on this forum as a member for around ten years. Utter tosh.

Using such heavy criticism and providing 0 of substance to such near melt-down... what would be your opinion on the matter?

junglejim
05-10-2016, 12:18
Using such heavy criticism and providing 0 of substance to such near melt-down... what would be your opinion on the matter?
Considering Seany has been and still is an excellent entertainer at several bars here for many years ,I think he is well qualified to express an opinion !
As a long term resident and visitor here , I can see many bars busy with entertainers and always looking for new acts - T Cooper , if you donŽt try youŽl never know !
Tenerife is due to be packed out this winter due to issues elsewhere so good entertainment will be in demand !

TCooper
05-10-2016, 13:20
Okay...well thank you all for the latest responses...and it would appear that there could be some possibility to showcase my act on the Island.

I shall venture out to the Island and see how it goes from there.

Thank you all for the replies

Red Devil
05-10-2016, 14:19
Okay...well thank you all for the latest responses...and it would appear that there could be some possibility to showcase my act on the Island.

I agree with the rest, there is always demand for a good act,
especially comedy and of course it's year round business. Get on over there and give it a try.
PS I like the way Brexit is even blamed for things in Tenerife ��

tub
05-10-2016, 19:42
i watched a good act earlier this year a chinese lady danced naked over a hundred lit candles her name on the posters was singe minge

LUCKY
05-10-2016, 20:02
I have heard of a similar act in Israel many many years ago Berni Bush

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

eltel
06-10-2016, 00:12
Could do with some new acts, fed up of seeing the same old thing time and again and tribute acts that don't look or sound anything like who they are paying tribute to.

Medman
06-10-2016, 08:32
Tenerife needs an act "just like that" .............. :D

junglejim
06-10-2016, 12:45

Yes get over here - Not like That - but Just - "Like That" !

TCooper
10-10-2016, 07:40
Cheers for all the positive replies and obviously it will take a while to establish the act on the island, however, I will venture over and see what the opportunities are for the show.

The show is 1 x set of 60 minutes, all classic Tommy Cooper material, family friendly.... here's a bit of background to the show...

The birth of my show started at the Torch Theatre in Milford Haven when the Artistic Director Mike James, casted me in a play “Frankie & Tommy” about the early days of Tommy Cooper’s career with ENSA entertaining the troops in WW2.

I got good reviews for my portrayal of Tommy and went on to form a stage show ‘Tribute to Tommy Cooper’ directed by the late Denis Kirkland a former producer of the Benny Hill show and the Tommy Cooper half hour with Vince Powell a prolific TV comedy writer (Love thy neighbour, George and the dragon etc...)

I was introduced to Tommy’s Widow Gwen Cooper and became a regular visitor to her home in Chiswick up until she died in 2002. And during one particular visit Gwen gave me an original Fez worn by Tommy and various small props that I still use today in the show.
I toured with the show extensively from 1995 throughout the UK and worked with some great artists such as Jim Davidson, Joe Longthorne, Jimmy Cricket, Norman Wisdom, Nicholas Parsons, Chaz & Dave, Bradley Walsh, Barron Knights, Madeline Bell and many more.
And the show was well received on the Thomson Holiday cruise ships and toured overseas for Major Holiday companies in Spain, Cyprus and the Canary Islands before taking up residency in Lanzarote in 2001 where I performed the show until late 2003.

Red Devil
10-10-2016, 10:00
Sounds good and worth a try as cant think of any other acts like it in Tenerife. It might be worth trying to bring the act over in time for winter as that is when the older visitors are the majority.

seanocelt
10-10-2016, 12:32
Cheers for all the positive replies and obviously it will take a while to establish the act on the island, however, I will venture over and see what the opportunities are for the show.

The show is 1 x set of 60 minutes, all classic Tommy Cooper material, family friendly.... here's a bit of background to the show...

The birth of my show started at the Torch Theatre in Milford Haven when the Artistic Director Mike James, casted me in a play “Frankie & Tommy” about the early days of Tommy Cooper’s career with ENSA entertaining the troops in WW2.

I got good reviews for my portrayal of Tommy and went on to form a stage show ‘Tribute to Tommy Cooper’ directed by the late Denis Kirkland a former producer of the Benny Hill show and the Tommy Cooper half hour with Vince Powell a prolific TV comedy writer (Love thy neighbour, George and the dragon etc...)

I was introduced to Tommy’s Widow Gwen Cooper and became a regular visitor to her home in Chiswick up until she died in 2002. And during one particular visit Gwen gave me an original Fez worn by Tommy and various small props that I still use today in the show.
I toured with the show extensively from 1995 throughout the UK and worked with some great artists such as Jim Davidson, Joe Longthorne, Jimmy Cricket, Norman Wisdom, Nicholas Parsons, Chaz & Dave, Bradley Walsh, Barron Knights, Madeline Bell and many more.
And the show was well received on the Thomson Holiday cruise ships and toured overseas for Major Holiday companies in Spain, Cyprus and the Canary Islands before taking up residency in Lanzarote in 2001 where I performed the show until late 2003.

expectations on wages/costs? asking as since you have cruise experience the pay rates are very different.

TCooper
10-10-2016, 12:45
Greetings Seanocelt, I sent you a PM

Angusjim
12-12-2016, 14:22
Ah I just posted on another thread about this, so I will ask on this up to date thread are you here yet ?

Jim

Angusjim
27-12-2016, 09:07
Ah I just posted on another thread about this, so I will ask on this up to date thread are you here yet ?

Jim

So TC any plans for Tenerife ? perhaps seanocelt has a little info to share about TC or any other new acts to Tenerife that you can recommend.
Obviously I would recommend people to go and see yourself always a great night with Seany D :hello:

seanocelt
27-12-2016, 12:23
So TC any plans for Tenerife ? perhaps seanocelt has a little info to share about TC or any other new acts to Tenerife that you can recommend.
Obviously I would recommend people to go and see yourself always a great night with Seany D :hello:

You never show up! The TC guy and I talked through PMs but not seen any evidence of him being here.Influx of new acts from Majorca circuit this winter, more than usual. So newest acts ive seen are, 2 new Neil Diamonds, 2 Bee Gee solo shows, a two piece doing The Overtones, seems popular and a few non tribute singers. The usual impact, no new venues so if a newbie gets booked someone has lost a spot, cue price cutting spats!

Angusjim
27-12-2016, 12:30
You never show up! The TC guy and I talked through PMs but not seen any evidence of him being here.Influx of new acts from Majorca circuit this winter, more than usual. So newest acts ive seen are, 2 new Neil Diamonds, 2 Bee Gee solo shows, a two piece doing The Overtones, seems popular and a few non tribute singers. The usual impact, no new venues so if a newbie gets booked someone has lost a spot, cue price cutting spats!

You went chasing the big money and the groupies in the Golf dinnae blame me:laugh: