PDA

View Full Version : Other New year in Golf Del Sur

Larry690
10-10-2016, 14:44
Hi everyone

A newbie here so please be gentle :wave:

My partner and I are coming over to GDS in November for roughly 5 months and I wondered if there is likely to be anything going on for New Year's Eve ?

Have stayed in Las Americas for past 2 christmas's but never been to Tenerife for new year.
I know PDLA will be heaving, will it be dead in GDS? Should I bring some cocoa and a Andy Williams Cd :lol:

Thanks

lynno52
10-10-2016, 16:01
Welcome to the forum:welcome:

I haven't stayed in GDS over New Year - but hopefully LUCKY may be able to advise you?

Larry690
10-10-2016, 16:16
Thank you for the welcome.
Very excited to be able to spend a decent length of time in Tenerife, roll on November.

LUCKY
10-10-2016, 16:47
Hi everyone

A newbie here so please be gentle :wave:

My partner and I are coming over to GDS in November for roughly 5 months and I wondered if there is likely to be anything going on for New Year's Eve ?

Have stayed in Las Americas for past 2 christmas's but never been to Tenerife for new year.
I know PDLA will be heaving, will it be dead in GDS? Should I bring some cocoa and a Andy Williams Cd :lol:

Thanks

They say San Blas is a great night. I will keep you up to date nearer the time,:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Larry690
10-10-2016, 17:07
Hi Lucky

Thank you.

Do you have any tips for staying in GDS?
I've been reading up but any tips from on the ground is more than welcome :)

delderek
10-10-2016, 18:36
Hi Lucky

Thank you.

Do you have any tips for staying in GDS?
I've been reading up but any tips from on the ground is more than welcome :)

Don't. After LA or LC, you will find it colder and a lot lot quieter. Except for the flight noise.:whistle:

Larry690
11-10-2016, 08:52
Thanks for that lol,
Originally we where looking at the algarve so we can't be any worse off weather wise.
Bringing plenty of layers and we can still chase the sun by getting the bus. Really not thinking of it as a holiday in the full sense.

I live in a village here and there is bugger all other than a couple of shops and a pub so my thought was we would have a lot more choice and better temps in GDS than a winter here. It's the norm for us to jump on a bus to the coast for a good night out and LC looks to be a similar distance.
Ah the planes, I live close to an airstrip and the test fly the fighter jets daily (ear splitting) so not a deal breaker. You do get used to it strangely.

Really looking forward to exploring the island and not feeling cheated if it rains all week, as you do when you only have a few days hols.
Been spoiled previously having stayed for xmas at the Conquistador as they put on an amazing days entertainment.