PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cheap tours by millers & cosmos

helena246
14-10-2016, 19:28
has anyone been on one of these tours operated by millers or cosmos, the tour itself is quite cheap but I am told you have to go to a presentation where they are showing and selling various items, this presentation lasts for 90mins, you are not obliged to buy anything but lunch is included. is it a hard sell or a pleasant experience. ANY INFO

tub
14-10-2016, 20:01
we were thinking about going on one till we found out what it entailed from someone who had been on a trip with them i think there is some bits on trip adviser

tfs1
14-10-2016, 20:58
we were thinking about going on one till we found out what it entailed from someone who had been on a trip with them i think there is some bits on trip adviser

We have being planning to go on one of these 'blanket trips' for about 20 years and still have been too busy to sort it out, even though we spend about half the year in Tenerife ! its always next time.

From what we understand it seems as if you need to enjoy the day, say no firmly but with a smile to purchasing the goods being advertised. We know people who have been and bought the highly priced bedding/mattress etc and they have been delighted with it.

We have also been planning for years to go to the 'Sound of Musicals' but haven't got to that either.

Mustn't rush these things.

norjac
14-10-2016, 22:09
has anyone been on one of these tours operated by millers or cosmos, the tour itself is quite cheap but I am told you have to go to a presentation where they are showing and selling various items, this presentation lasts for 90mins, you are not obliged to buy anything but lunch is included. is it a hard sell or a pleasant experience. ANY INFO

Don't bother. Have been on quite a few. If some people decide to buy you can be there a very long time while the paper work is sorted out, and some people do take their time as they could be spending up to £1000. This then leaves you with very little time for sightseeing. Also on the very last one to Tagganana I had food poisoning from the fish dinner. I presume the fish had been cooked earlier and warmed up,when we arrived. I was quite ill. So no more blanket trips for us. At the end of the day if you are not buying they are not interested in you.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Don't bother. Have been on quite a few. If some people decide to buy you can be there a very long time while the paper work is sorted out, and some people do take their time as they could be spending up to £1000. This then leaves you with very little time for sightseeing. Also on the very last one to Tagganana I had food poisoning from the fish dinner. I presume the fish had been cooked earlier and warmed up,when we arrived. I was quite ill. So no more blanket trips for us. At the end of the day if you are not buying they are not interested in you.

macdonald5
14-10-2016, 22:11
We and 2 friends went on the Island tour with them €12 or so
Picked up by comfortable coach ,picked up from a few hotels then on to tour, 45 minute approx talk about the bedding on offer , definitely NO hard sell ,small lunch and glass of wine
We then went on boat from Los Gigantes
Very enjoyable trip out at very cheap cost , not recommended for less mobile though

helena246
15-10-2016, 09:50
We and 2 friends went on the Island tour with them €12 or so
Picked up by comfortable coach ,picked up from a few hotels then on to tour, 45 minute approx talk about the bedding on offer , definitely NO hard sell ,small lunch and glass of wine
We then went on boat from Los Gigantes
Very enjoyable trip out at very cheap cost , not recommended for less mobile though

you seem to have been lucky, even the tour agent told me 90 mins which I translate to more than 2 hours. but as you are a long standing member of the forum and have your location in "Central Scotland I can presume you do not have an financial interest in these tours.

macdonald5
15-10-2016, 10:31
you seem to have been lucky, even the tour agent told me 90 mins which I translate to more than 2 hours. but as you are a long standing member of the forum and have your location in "Central Scotland I can presume you do not have an financial interest in these tours.

Definitely no financial interest ,only visit Tenerife on holidays
I was bit apprehensive ,thought we might get locked in a room till we bought !!
Was a lovely Lancashire lass who done the sales pitch but no pressure at all to buy on outr trip
We would definitely go on another after our very pleasant one

tfs1
15-10-2016, 11:39
Definitely no financial interest ,only visit Tenerife on holidays
I was bit apprehensive ,thought we might get locked in a room till we bought !!
Was a lovely Lancashire lass who done the sales pitch but no pressure at all to buy on outr trip
We would definitely go on another after our very pleasant one

They cant be selling too much as I recall they used to be on offer at around € 7 just a few years back I presume during the quieter visitor spells.

The only problem with them is the litter the booklets create and seeing them hooked onto wire fencing with a bent paper clip or under a stone on low walls etc.

Once saw a member of the public take a load down from a fence and he was quickly approached by 3 people before he could walk more than a few yards who verbally attacked him and tried to take the booklets back, they being some of the distributors - nearly got very ugly, they grabbed him and he dropped the papers on the floor - the 3 disappeared quickly.

helena246
15-10-2016, 11:50
I have made up my mind, if I wish to go shopping I will shop, but as I wish to go on a few tours I will book tours without any sales presentations, that way I know what I am getting.

junglejim
15-10-2016, 12:47
We went on one a few years ago , decent tour but as you say a 90min or so sales talk but no great pressure - we were actually looking for new comfortable mattresses at the time - we bought them and some very nice heavy blankets - not the cheapest but certainly good for us - meal was simple- wouldn´t do it again though .

mariben
18-10-2016, 12:42
We went on one a few years ago , decent tour but as you say a 90min or so sales talk but no great pressure - we were actually looking for new comfortable mattresses at the time - we bought them and some very nice heavy blankets - not the cheapest but certainly good for us - meal was simple- wouldn´t do it again though .

We díd one of the trips about 4 years ago and had a Lovely day out, Yes there was a presentación, but no hard selling, definately did not feel We had to buy anything, but We did and are very pleased with our purchase, at the presentación you can Have wine, coffee or water, then We went for lunch in a Lovely físhing village then through the forest and on to the beach, very Good got only 8€ it was then , so can't complain.