PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Scrapping a car in the South of the Island

Ken Henderson
21-10-2016, 11:14
Hi all,

My old Ibiza is probably not going to get through its next ITV and as I no longer live on the island, I reckon that the time has come for me to scrap it.

I was thinking about taking it to the scrapyard up from Guaza, but wondered if anyone had any recent experience of scrapping a car, whether they managed to get anything for it, and what baja paperwork they had to complete?

As I now do not have a permanent address on the island, might there there any paperwork gotchas?

Thanks,

Ken

imablue
21-10-2016, 20:56
Have a word with Emma from Motorworld she will sort that out for you .
Last i heard over Bajas they cost about 25 euros apart from that...... i know nothing!!:whistle:

Ken Henderson
14-11-2016, 17:54
The deed is done and the car is gone!

I would also recommend anyone wanting to dispose of a car on the island to have a word with Mark at Ashro autos.

Ken

irishmusico
28-11-2016, 18:26
The Scrapyard just up from Guaza collected mine free of charge.

olive20
29-11-2016, 13:54
hi - hope you don't mind me asking but just wondered if you could help me find some information - I have recently scrapped a car that i bought in Tenerife ( i took it to France and have scrapped it here in France) and i just wondered if you knew where i can send the log book etc in tenerife to tell them that i have scrapped the car - i don't want it to continue mounting up the tax due every year. Thanks