PDA

View Full Version : Other Good news

Pages : [1] 2

essexeddie
28-10-2016, 17:07
Things are looking up in the UK. Getting there.

Sorry not a good paste. Not an expert unlike some.

essexeddie
29-10-2016, 10:37
Why did,nt "Peanut" post this FACT!!!!!!

Because Peanutter gets all his info from the BBC and the Guardian.

Ecky Thump
29-10-2016, 11:05
Why did,nt "Peanut" post this FACT!!!!!!

Because PissNuts is too busy playing with his best friend(s) little Willie.:D

Peanuts
29-10-2016, 16:54
Hate crime on the rise! Is that good news as well? All part of the good Brexit. Sad sad sad, pat each other on the back. Well done. Way forward to make yourselves popular on your next holiday.

Uproar in Spain over videos of ‘Brexit-related attacks’ in UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-attacks-a7386241.html

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

[QUOTE=essexeddie;539846]Things are looking up in the UK. Getting there.

Can you imagine how it would have looked like without Brexit, especially over the next years and decades. Memorise it as it will not last.

Ecky Thump
29-10-2016, 19:06
Not so good news....

Peanut scare triggers massive recall - Video on NBCNews.com
www.nbcnews.com › video › nightly-news
Video on NBCNews.com: Jan. 28: The FDA said Wednesday that they found multiple problems, including mold , roaches and leaking roofs, at the Georgia peanut plant implicated in the national salmonella outbreak.

Liftman
29-10-2016, 19:36
Peanuts6698

Ecky Thump
29-10-2016, 20:08

You Bullies :bootyshake:

willakawill
29-10-2016, 20:40
Things are looking up in the UK. Getting there.

Sorry not a good paste. Not an expert unlike some.

A sleight of hand presented as facts. The kind of behaviour we have come to expect from beleavers.
Perhaps the 'fact' that 28 European countries have a faster rate of growth than UK in 2016 (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/forecast/gdp-annual-growth-rate) is just too much to bear (best not to mention that UK is 123rd in the world).

Ecky Thump
29-10-2016, 20:56
UK GDP Growth Beats Expectations!!

The UK economy advanced 0.5 percent on quarter in the three months to September of 2016, slowing from a 0.7 percent expansion in the previous period but better than market expectations of 0.3 percent, preliminary estimates showed. It is the first GDP figure covering a full quarter following the EU referendum, suggesting growth continues to be broadly unaffected with a strong performance in the services industries offsetting falls in other industrial groups.

The services industries increased by 0.8 percent, contributing 0.64 percentage points to growth, compared with an increase of 0.6 percent in Q2. All 4 of the main services aggregates (distribution, hotels and restaurants; transport, storage and communication; business services and finance; and government and other services) increased although growth in the transport, storage and communication industries was the main reason behind the increase in services growth between the 2 quarters. It increased by 2.2 percent (0.6 percent in Q2), the fastest expansion since Q4 2009, primarily driven by the motion picture, video and TV programme production, sound recording and music publishing activities, and computer programming industries.

Industrial production shrank 0.4 percent, contributing negatively to the expansion (-0.05 percent), following an increase of 2.1 percent in Q2. 3 of the main production aggregates decreased with: manufacturing falling 1.0 percent following an increase of 1.6 percent in Q2; energy supply decreasing by 3.6 percent following an increase of 4.6 percent in Q2 and water and waste management declining by 0.2 percent following an increase of 2.1 percent in Q2. In contrast, mining and quarrying increased by 5.2 percent, following an increase of 2.8 percent in Q2.

The construction sector contracted 1.4 percent with a downward contribution to quarterly GDP growth of 0.09 percentage points. This follows a decrease of 0.1 percent in Q2 and marks the biggest downward movement in the construction industry since Q3 2012; however, this is in the context of a pattern of growth to Quarter 1 2016 when construction surpassed its pre-downturn peak.

The agricultural sector also declined 0.7 percent, following a 1 percent contraction in Q2.

Year-on-year, the economy advanced 2.3 percent, higher than a 2.1 percent expansion in Q2 and better than market expectations of 2.1 percent. It is the fastest growth rate since Q2 2015.

ONS | Joana Taborda | joana.taborda@tradingeconomics.com
10/27/2016 9:18:29 AM

And now we await the inevitable expected negative reply by Wee Willie or his Nutty pal. :whistle:

Peanuts
29-10-2016, 22:03
Peanuts6698

Thanks I love Peanuts comics. Woodstock my favourite. Made my day. Thanks

UK GDP Growth Beats Expectations!!

And now we await the inevitable expected negative reply by Wee Willie or his Nutty pal. :whistle:

Love you Mini me, a person who adopts the opinions or mannerisms of a more powerful or senior person in order to win favour, achieve promotion, etc

Peanuts
30-10-2016, 16:57
Good news, Ceta: EU and Canada sign long-delayed free trade deal.

It only took 7 years, had good will on both sides and was about taking down trade barriers.

Bad news, we are talking about putting trade barriers up.

Good news, UK can later on copy & paste the deal or spend even more years to have its own deal.

Alvy
30-10-2016, 20:46
Geez!
pound falling 15%- is inflation, be it delayed, what more there is to talk about in the terms of growth?

Peanuts
30-10-2016, 22:14
Good news, Cameron and the Eurosceptic Tories got us in this mess, Boris and the lot will keep us in this mess and we will have to pay for this mess called Brexit.

..and the joke is, 52% are still voting for these jokers. A Tory party in fight ruins the UK and Leavers applaud and want more. Silly silly people.

I have heard 52% now believe again that the world is flat and want to burn the 48% who still insist the world is round.

Wake up Leavers, you have been taken for a very expensive ride.

"It is a woeful re-writing of history to claim the country expressed one single opinion, or even worse still, the additional re-writing of history, that they knew exactly what Brexit meant, given the Brexiteers, this sort of motley crew of Farage, Gove and Johnson, didn't bother to tell people what it meant. It's quite right now that people like Tony Blair say yes, of course we're now heading towards the exit door, but since we don't know what the destination is, the country should be given the opportunity to make a judgement in some shape or form on the final package."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nick-clegg-brexit-press-trying-rewrite-history-1589019?

essexeddie
01-11-2016, 16:24
What's this knob doing on my thread?

Anyway I got €1.11 to the pound yesterday useing my Metro card with no commission charges. Getting better.

willakawill
01-11-2016, 16:51
I got €1.37 yesterday in Bordeaux for cash with no commission charges and they threw in a three course meal and massage. Success!!

essexeddie
01-11-2016, 17:43
And all here thought you did your own massaging.

Alvy
02-11-2016, 00:09
sometimes I wander, how fantasist get far.... ;)

Peanuts
02-11-2016, 10:17
Good news, Brexit is hitting Weatherspoons sales. Leavers are staying more and more at home for their own good health.

Sorry got it wrong, party is over and reality bites.

Because PissNuts is too busy playing with his best friend(s) little Willie.:D

Ecky Thump you made the papers “An irritating aspect of the current debate is the tendency of Brexiters to accuse those who warn of difficulties of talking Britain down.
“It’s a good line but a pathetic argument. Since when was rational debate a bad thing?

READ MORE
UK credit rating 'risks being downgraded again'
NIESR forecast inflation to hit 4% next year
Nissan deal 'won't persuade other companies to invest in UK’
Theresa May will opt into EU crime-fighting measures

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-voters-shout-down-remoaners-dont-want-rational-debate-a7393126.html

Peanuts
03-11-2016, 09:04
Good news house prices stall in October and will drop next year, but still not affordable.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-3896564/House-prices-stall-time-15-months-says-Nationwide.html

Anyway I got €1.11 to the pound yesterday useing my Metro card with no commission charges. Getting better.

Remember Brexit has not started yet...

Your Boss Boris said "In the words of our great Prime Minister, Brexit means Brexit and we are going to make a Titanic - Titanic! - success of it".
HMS Brexit is sinking. LOL:agree:

essexeddie
03-11-2016, 11:30
No doubt they will twist it to suit their sorry twisted minds.
Sad cases. Obviously leaving has certainly touched a nerve.

information
03-11-2016, 11:33

if you had of held off a day or two you would of got more as te pound is rising on the back of the court case today.

Peanuts
03-11-2016, 11:34
Very good news. The High Court has ruled the government must get parliamentary approval to trigger Article 50.

:raspberry2:

Speaking outside the Royal Courts of Justice, Gina Miller, one of the claimants who brought the case to law, said the Government should accept the ruling and "make the wise decision of not appealing".

The politicians who lied to us and then ignored democracy never know when to stop!

essexeddie
03-11-2016, 12:44
if you had of held off a day or two you would of got more as te pound is rising on the back of the court case today.

I've been withdrawing for a few days now to top up my bank and the rate is not a lot of difference from a couple of years ago. I think it's mainly due to the week euro.

information
03-11-2016, 12:56
I've been withdrawing for a few days now to top up my bank and the rate is not a lot of difference from a couple of years ago. I think it's mainly due to the week euro.

also up against the USD so i would say its due to the court case.

Alvy
03-11-2016, 13:19
all of the run-out rulings swings and roundabouts are only covering up almost 90% GDP debt
http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedkingdom

Peanuts
03-11-2016, 14:19
Good News, Daily Mail had to change its headline. Not only foreigners but now gays too are targeted by the paper.

Daily Mail is upset because an openly gay judge ruled on Brexit. Possibly asking for concentration camps for Remainers next.

http://cdn.pinknews.co.uk/images/2016/11/Daily-Mail.png

Peanuts
19-11-2016, 13:34
Good news, you read it here first.

Government will win its case in the Supreme Court. Changing legal argument to Article 50 can be revoked. Opens the door to another referendum, once Brexit deal is on the table. Then we have all the facts and any outcome is the vote of the informed people. Finally democracy will win!

I can already hear the Leavers outcry.

Peanuts
21-11-2016, 11:08
Good news. Brexit is best ever advertising for EU!

EU citizens 62% (56% before Brexit) are getting more and more happy about their EU. Can you believe it, in the UK now 56% (March 49%) support the EU. Headline, many Brits are only now understanding the benefits of the EU.:scared:

Bad news. It is all going pear shaped. Brexit means ****.

“The four fundamental freedoms are not negotiable for us,” said Weber, who is leader of the largest centre-right bloc in the European parliament.

“We will not move a millimetre from this position. This is the reason why the British prime minister has now changed her stance and is backtracking. She will have to explain to the British people why she cannot keep her promises. There can only be a good agreement between the EU and the UK if Europe’s basic rules are accepted.”

Somebody starts to **** themselves. Reality is kicking in :goodluck:

The metaphor used to describe a possible interim deal in the German foreign office is that of a hammock, with one senior official quipping: “If it’s too comfortable, the Brits will fall asleep in it.”

The pair, who first met as Europe ministers more than 20 years ago, spoke for 30 minutes in English on Monday without going into any detail on Brexit. Barnier had a “courtesy coffee” with Davis, at the UK’s request, to re-establish contact, a European commission spokesperson said.

Peanuts
22-11-2016, 08:30
UKIP has been caught with their hand in the till.

Misusing EU election money for UK election 2015 and referendum 2016. Shows them for what they are, lying and thieving *******s.:nono:

Peanuts
23-11-2016, 19:25
Good news. Brexit just wasted nearly a decade of Tory attempts to balance the budget, regardless whether you think this was a good idea or not.

Hammond Forecast in Line With Osborne’s ‘Brazen’ Brexit Warnings

The projected “black hole” in Britain’s finances as a result of the Brexit vote is roughly in line with projections made by George Osborne a week before the referendum and denounced as a “brazen smear” by campaigners to leave the European Union.
The then chancellor of the exchequer, sharing a stage with his Labour predecessor Alistair Darling, said on June 15 the public finances would take a 30 billion-pound ($37 billion) hit if Britain voted to leave. The Office for Budget Responsibility projects the U.K. will have to borrow 21.9 billion pounds in 2020, compared with the 10.4 billion-pound surplus predicted in March.

Peanuts
24-11-2016, 09:55
Good news. There are massive cuts in welfare and public spending still to come and there is no backing down on taking benefits away from the disabled. Congratulations to all Leavers.:c2:

Sunlover
24-11-2016, 16:26
And now on another thread, nothing like talking to yourself, OMG man give it a rest.

Alvy
24-11-2016, 16:35
Its being read
with decent dose of sarcasm and does provide information with sense of news input too ;)

Peanuts
24-11-2016, 17:47
And now on another thread, nothing like talking to yourself, OMG man give it a rest.

Sunlover, thanks for your input. This is the Good News section of the forum. Thinking about it I should really start a "Brexit needs to stop" thread.

Thank again for your help.

Good News. If research and development is the hope for the future, even with the extra added yesterday, the UK will only spend 1.75% of GDP on this, compared with Germany’s 3%, which propels its world-wide exports. Every little helps. Never liked that condescending slogan either.:lol:

willakawill
24-11-2016, 18:01

Talking to yourself is the reason nurse gives you that very strong medication. No need to continue doing it on this thread.

essexeddie
24-11-2016, 19:14
Yawn! Haven't been on this site for ages now, Same idiots talking to themselves.

melm
24-11-2016, 19:27
Yawn! Haven't been on this site for ages now, Same idiots talking to themselves.

Somethings never change...........rabbit rabbit rabbit :doh:

Carol55
24-11-2016, 19:43
Re: EU exit. For or against?
Here's a little suggestion or even maybe a challenge for Peanuts or willakawill , start a thread yourself about the future as you see it for GB and the EU, using your own words and thoughts (or even the occasional bit of copy and paste) and see what interest it generates and what repies you get.
I promise not to ridicule, belittle your posts or make any insulting remarks. I'm almost 100% positive that other other forum members will agree to this.....Now there's something that surely you can't resist?

Something that both willakawill and Peanuts I'm sure will appreciate, above is some copy and paste from another thread.
Is the post above to much of a challenge for them...it's a simple case of 'Put up or shut up!', with no further discussion needed!!

Peanuts
24-11-2016, 22:51
Caroll55 welcome back, but you are missing the point. This is a Good news thread and not a copy and paste from another thread.
We know you got it wrong, just move on, I notice you never have much to say about your version of Brexit. As time moves on it gets even less and less.

Good news, Nigel Farage, after lying to people and misusing EU funds, is moving in with his mate in the tower, they might have a place for you too.

No copy and pasting, waiting for your response!

LindaD
25-11-2016, 00:38
Caroll55 welcome back, but you are missing the point. This is a Good news thread and not a copy and paste from another thread.
We know you got it wrong, just move on, I notice you never have much to say about your version of Brexit. As time moves on it gets even less and less.

Good news, Nigel Farage, after lying to people and misusing EU funds, is moving in with his mate in the tower, they might have a place for you too.

No copy and pasting, waiting for your response!

No, no you got it wrong Peanuts - it's Carol55. Let's pay more attention now.

Peanuts
25-11-2016, 10:22

Really LindaA, are really that shallow?

Good news, Hard Brexit it is, EU confirms no restriction on movement of people.

Boris Johnson and David Davis were branded arrogant and clueless by officials with exit talks on the horizon

Carol55
25-11-2016, 22:59

I wouldn't worry about it, as I now know what the problom is, 99.9% of the forum members have developed the well known and incurable Peanuts allergy and the only possible remedy of further irritation is to avoid him completely! :cheeky:

willakawill
25-11-2016, 23:20
I wouldn't worry about it, as I now know what the problom is, 99.9% of the forum members have developed the well known and incurable Peanuts allergy and the only possible remedy of further irritation is to avoid him completely! :cheeky:

You speak for 99.9% of the forum members? I think not. That is called delusions of grandeur by some and lying through your teeth by others.
You avoid his posts completely? You and I have a very different understanding of the meaning of 'avoid'. What did nurse tell you last time about going onto the interweb to fling your feces?

Peanuts
26-11-2016, 09:32

Really Carol55 only 99.9%, you sound like a true Leaver.... next you will tell us 350 million a week more for the NHS.

Good News. Now 99.9% Leavers are starting to recognize the truth and want to Remain in the EU.:raspberry2:

But no new Referendum. Nobody wants them anymore, some say they were a pain in the buttocks anyway.

AndyG
26-11-2016, 14:26
It is good not seeing the annoying posts now that I have worked out how to block them. We need to see what really happens in the real world and take it from there.

Carol55
26-11-2016, 18:43
It is good not seeing the annoying posts now that I have worked out how to block them. We need to see what really happens in the real world and take it from there.

I put WilliePlonka on my ignore list some time ago, he was so repetitive and always talking about his favourite nurse, which points to his infantile posts.

As for old SaltyNuts, i still see his posts and I wonder if he is a dissapointed political party member who was only allowed to put a never ending supply of pamphlets through people's doors.

Alvy
26-11-2016, 19:39
Period!?

The rule of interwebz is- don't like it- don't read it, imposing one's will on other- never smart move ;)

1650 views of the topic means, that is being read by many more, than those that a very vocal in silencing others opinion...

Carol55
26-11-2016, 20:00
Period!?

The rule of interwebz is- don't like it- don't read it, imposing one's will on other- never smart move ;)

1650 views of the topic means, that is being read by many more, than those that a very vocal in silencing others opinion...

Unless of course that people who are posting are the same people who are reading their own posts.:wink:

Peanuts
26-11-2016, 21:56
Unless of course that people who are posting are the same people who are reading their own posts.:wink:

Carrol55 you said you wanted a discussion, but what you really want is a rant and insulting people. sad sad sad...:dontknow:

Good news, British have a choice now Brexit or EU citizen. I know which one I prefer.

Carol55
26-11-2016, 22:10
Good news, despite our resident experts who forcast that the pound would totally collapse it is showing strong signs of a gaining back its stregth in the world financial market.

Good news, despite our resident experts who forcast that the pound would totally collapse it is showing strong signs of a gaining back its stregth in the world financial market.

More Good News

Positive employment figures showing unemployment falling and record numbers in work.

Even more good news.

Estate agents in Scotland are reporting that over the last two months there has been a large increase of sales in the property market.

Peanuts
26-11-2016, 22:22

More Good News

Positive employment figures showing unemployment falling and record numbers in work.

Carol55 don´t get your hopes up, again Brexit has not happened yet. I will enjoy it even more when it happens. You Leavers are all in La La Land and clinging on to any bit of good news and any good news is still bad news. All 0 contracts no work no pay...

Carol55
26-11-2016, 22:23
The good news continues to flow..

British fishermen will be able to catch hundreds of thousands of tonnes more fish after Brexit because it will be able to overhaul "unfair" fishing quotas, the fisheries minister has said.

George Eustice said that Brexit will provide a "good deal" for fishermen because current quotas give a "disproportionately large" share of catches to fishermen from the EU.

He said that after Brexit the UK will strike new "reciprocal" arrangements with the European Union which will give fishermen a greater share of catches in British waters and abroad.

Peanuts
26-11-2016, 22:27
Carol55 find out who is buying and eating British fish, yes the EU countries. Belgium is the biggest mussels importer. No Trade deal no market.. In future you can eat fish until you are sick of it!

Are we starting to copy and paste? George Eustice said-----:hello:

Double standards...

Carol55
26-11-2016, 22:42
Carol55 find out who is buying and eating British fish, yes the EU countries. Belgium is the biggest mussels importer. No Trade deal no market.. In future you can eat fish until you are sick of it!

Are you now speaking for the people of Belgium and suggesting that after Brexit that they will no longer eat British Mussels or you could go one step further and suggest that Spanish people will no longer want to buy Scottish Langoustines.

Just a point of interest for you to digest is that despite Canada being one of the Worlds largest exporters of Lobsters, Scotland has a large income from exporting live Lobsters to Canada.

Very Good News.

Whisky exports to India have shown a large increase of 41% and overall there has been a rise in worldwide exports of Scottish Whisky of 3.1% .

Peanuts
26-11-2016, 22:57
Very good news indeed, a prosperous independent Scotland, I am all for it. Oil prices on the rise, the better. Yes to an independent Scotland. :agree:

Remember Scotland did not want Brexit. That is what you call an own goal.:whistle:

Philip Hammond, the Chancellor, set aside up to £412m of additional cash in the Autumn Statement to “support exiting the EU” following criticism that Whitehall could not cope.

Carol55
26-11-2016, 23:25
The good news continues.

It was reported in late October that share prices soared to their highest level for 16 months and is the latest sign in a Brexit bounce for the UK's economy!

Peanuts
26-11-2016, 23:30
The good news continues.

It was reported in late October that share prices soared to their highest level for 16 months and is the latest sign in a Brexit bounce for the UK's economy!

Carol55 share prices only soared in the companies with international trade. Meaning the profits they make in Dollars and Euros now look very good in Pounds. Pound drops shares rise. Pound goes up shares drop. This will continue until Brexit starts and the UK companies and their profits get hit. Then the Pound drops and share prices drop. Wait and see.

Carol55
26-11-2016, 23:38
Then the Pound drops and share prices drop. Wait and see.

You previously forcast that the GBP exchange rate would continue to drop.....you were WRONG, it IS recovering, so what credence are we to give to any of your further forecasts.

If I were you, i would stop making forecasts and take your own advice and Wait and See!

---------------------------------------

Well all you folk who occasionally like to see the UK's future in a more positive light, that's it for tonight....more Good News will follow at a later time, it's now that time of the evening for a small refreshment.....or even two :vodka:

willakawill
27-11-2016, 00:24
You previously forcast that the GBP exchange rate would continue to drop.....you were WRONG, it IS recovering, so what credence are we to give to any of your further forecasts.

If I were you, i would stop making forecasts and take your own advice and Wait and See!

Well all you folk who occasionally like to see the UK's future in a more positive light, that's it for tonight....more Good News will follow at a later time, it's now that time of the evening for a small refreshment.....or even two :vodka:

Just a year ago it was 21% higher than it is today. As you say, that is a remarkable recovery only losing one fifth of the value. Well worth celebrating and a huge boost for the sales of Scottish calculators. It's just one big success story after another.

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 10:40

I truly hope I am wrong, that means Brexit is not happening!

The Pound got a bit stronger when the High Court made the decision that Parliament has to be involved in the process. This means the chances have increased that Brexit will derail and fail or at least there will be a softer fall. Does it not make you think, that 48% and the rest of the world believe that Brexit can only hurt, hence the drop in the Pound and only when it might not work out the Pound gets stronger. Considering as well that the EU said there are 4 freedoms and not 2 or 3. Therefore Brexit with a higher Pound translates into, no limit of EU migration, payment into the EU and ECJ is still in charge... What was Brexit all about.:spin: A Tory Party bonding session!

Good news when the Pound goes up and Brexit means no Brexit. :agree:

On your drinking problem, no comment.

Carol55
27-11-2016, 12:02
The good news just keeps coming.

It was reported last night on the BBC news that economists before the referendum had predicted a large impact impact on the UK economy, but so far these predictions have NOT come to pass. The latest figures show that the economy has in fact gone in the other direction and has in fact grown by 0.5% in the three months after the Brexit vote, which must be inlight of the title of this thread be good news.

PS. As is normally the case Peanuts reported predictions were wrong!

Peanuts you really should have taken your own advice...Wait and See, it's about the only sensible thing that you have contributed to this thread!:laugh:

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 13:03
The good news just keeps coming.

It was reported last night on the BBC news that economists before the referendum had predicted a large impact impact on the UK economy, but so far these predictions have NOT come to pass. The latest figures show that the economy has in gone in the other direction and has in fact grown by 0.5% in the three months after the Brexit vote.

PS. As is normally the case Peanuts reported predictions were wrong!

Peanuts you really should have taken your own advice...Wait and See, it's about the only sensible thing that you have contributed to this thread!:laugh:

Carol55, what part of nothing has happened yet do you not understand!

This is a slow deteriorating process. Investments are reducing, i.e. a new machine or factory is not built. The Bank of England prints more money. The Government borrows more money. The Pound dropped and inflation goes up. Prices rise and suddenly there is only bad news. Unemployment rises, pay is lower and house prices drop. The UK economy is mainly supported by consumer spending and the service industry. If the consumer runs out of money it all goes pear shape. At the moment you see hamster buying. Get the new fridge, car and clothes, before we can not afford it anymore. Tell tell sign is consumers spending money on food and nights out. Let us continue to party as long as we can. “Real wages" will, remarkably, still be below their 2008 levels in 2021. I cannot stress enough how dreadful that is – more than a decade without real earnings growth. There has not been a period remotely like it in the last 70 years. Do you remember 0 hour contracts? It is happening now.

In addition, the OBR’s prediction of a £122bn deterioration in the public finances by 2020-21, of which just under half, £59bn, is directly attributable to Brexit, looks reasonable, even cautious. Public sector debt, on its forecasts, will top £1.9 trillion by the end of the decade, up from £500bn 10 years ago and £1 trillion in 2010. The Brexit effect is an addition to government debt we could have done without.

Yes, in 15 years the countries debt will balloon 4 times to £1.9 trillion. Scotland and Northern Ireland should leave the UK, as it would be cheaper for them in the long run.

... and you are trying to be clever stating Armageddon has not happened... silly silly

Carol55
27-11-2016, 13:24
The Good News is relentless

More than a billion Pounds has been wiped off the UK’s deficit on trade in goods and services since the Brexit vote.
The official (Not Peanuts) figures show that the gap last month was £4.5billion, shrinking from £5.6billion before the referendum.
Even more good news is that latest UK trade figures has been driven to a jump in exports, up by more than than£800million to £43.8billion.

Now I'm off to cook Sunday dinner and given the 'Good News' I might (not that old misery guts Peanuts would approve of) have a glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape along with our roast beef. :wine:

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 13:55
Good news, Theresa May said Brexit will be 'complex' and 'hugely challenging

Carol55, interesting, the gap is shrinking from £5.6 billion to £4.5billion, so £1.1 billion. Exports only jumped by £800 million. We are missing £300 million.

Please explain to us why that is? Could it be import prices have gone up and/or export prices have gone down? What is the good news?

Enjoy your drink while you can afford it.

Carol55
27-11-2016, 15:13
Blinkers need to be worn not to see the Good News.

Since the vote we have now mainly seen a growth of positive figures, as employment is up, the FTSE is up, the UK's consumer confidence up, the GBP is also well into its recovery stage, our economy in general is growing, it doesn't take much honesty from the doom and gloom merchants to admit the obvious....The UK's future can only be seen in a positive light.
People should always remember that the vast majority of British people are very resilient and welcome a challenge.

willakawill
27-11-2016, 15:37
Blinkers need to be worn not to see the Good News.

Since the vote we have now mainly seen a growth of positive figures, as employment is up, the FTSE is up, the UK's consumer confidence up, the GBP is also well into its recovery stage, our economy in general is growing, it doesn't take much honesty from the doom and gloom merchants to admit the obvious....The UK's future can only be seen in a positive light.
People should always remember that the vast majority of British people are very resilient and welcome a challenge.

... and, apparently, thick as two short planks and willing to blow up their own economy based on proven lies. Who knew?

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 15:55
Carol55 Remember your lines when you have to explain to your grand children why you have ****ed up their live and they have to pay for it!

Carol55
27-11-2016, 16:31
Good News for the UK's future generations.

In the future after Brexit, Britain will once again be able to control its own borders and it will no longer have to listen to interfering self opinionated EU poloticions and non British judges, nor will it need to obey the vast mountain of interfering directives from the depth of Brussels. Britain will once again be able to make its own laws, set its own level of taxes and negotiate its own trade deals, which is something that will be the envy of the remaining eu members.....the future for our families will soon once again be under our own control.

In short GB will once again be a key player on the world stage. GB will in fact be all the more powerful as it will have one thing very few European nations enjoy: the freedom to decide its own destiny.....something only a fool would dispute, but we should expect that fool to try!

Now it's time to enjoy another GB tradition....A Sunday Roast and just maybe a glass of Italian Barolo....along with fast cars, the Italians do produce exceedingly good wines.:wink:

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 16:47
[QUOTE=Carol55;541620]Good News for the UK's future generations.

.. In short GB will once again be a key player on the world stage...

If dreams would only come true. The Chinese, Russians and Americans, even the Indians might have a say and think differently. :doh:
You have no clue how Trade deals work.

The Empire went years ago.

Alvy
27-11-2016, 16:54
good news, in accordance to DailyMail- Mr May is as useful as she is in PM post in picking handbags for her...

When she was HomeS. her copycat style of Mrs Margie has been noted, but hers poor performance already forgotten?

And more good news- hers bag collection is likely to keep the value, unlike NHS and Social Care, that is just about to fall of a cliff.

Carol55
27-11-2016, 17:20
You have no clue how Trade deals work.[/B].

We have noticed that you have capitulated to your Masters at Brussels and run away from the UK or as you refer to it as the empire.

Please inform us, given your vast experience in world commerce, as to how world deals do work....in your own limited words please!

Or is that another request for information that will be ignored? :doh:

Alvy
27-11-2016, 18:20
good news topic continues as if for the spat to be apparent... regardless of sense or not- just for the sake of it...

Carol55
27-11-2016, 18:33
good news topic continues as if for the spat to be apparent... regardless of sense or not- just for the sake of it...i

Do you mean that both WillakaWill and Peanuts are continually making off topic posts and contribute nothing towards good news, if so, then you are totally correct.

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 18:58
We have noticed that you have capitulated to your Masters at Brussels and run away from the UK or as you refer to it as the empire.

Please inform us, given your vast experience in world commerce, as to how world deals do work....in your own limited words please!

Or is that another request for information that will be ignored? :doh:

Very simple, two parties want to make money. They agree on Trade terms and the bigger one wins as they have more cloud. Simple!

Any more questions? And now you tell me who your future important Trade partners are and what they will offer us.

That is why the EU can decide on which terms Trade deals are done, see Canada.

Carol55
27-11-2016, 19:00
Period!?

I think Alvy that you were advocating discussion and that's what happened since your post????

[QUOTE=Peanuts;541642]Very simple, two parties want to make money. They agree on Trade terms and the bigger one wins as they have more cloud. Simple!

Any more questions? And now you tell me who your future important Trade partners are and what they will offer us.

China, Russia, America and India are already in negotiations with the U.K. over trading agreements with the U.K.....you really should keep up.

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 19:09
Carol55 you start to sound like your Master Nigel Farage. It looks like you copied his pamphlet. Two things, he misused EU funds for his own benefit and secondly he has done a runner to the USA. Wonder why, more money or getting away from his lie campaign. 350 million a week for the NHS, OOPS never meant for that to be true... :goodluck:

LindaD
27-11-2016, 19:13
Carol55 you start to sound like your Master Nigel Farage. It looks like you copied his pamphlet. Two things, he misused EU funds for his own benefit and secondly he has done a runner to the USA. Wonder why, more money or getting away from his lie campaign. 350 million a week for the NHS, OOPS never meant for that to be true... :goodluck:

Long as you don't LOOK like him Carol55 then that's fine. Yea, yea, yea, do you think we're all bloody stupid, of course we knew that the bus campaign saying 350m for NHS was a load of trash, BoJo even said it!!!!!!!

Carol55
27-11-2016, 19:13

When someone can't respond in a sensible manner and continue to discuss matters as you have just done, then it's time to give up posting!

For all intense and purpose, then it's the 'End of Thread.'

LindaD
27-11-2016, 19:18
Very simple, two parties want to make money. They agree on Trade terms and the bigger one wins as they have more cloud. Simple!

That is why the EU can decide on which terms Trade deals are done, see Canada.

More cloud Peanuts? Your head's in the clouds. Simple - check your posts before submitting!!

Alvy
27-11-2016, 19:23
I think Alvy that you were advocating discussion and that's what happened since your post??

China, Russia, America and India are already in negotiations with the U.K. over trading agreements with the U.K.....you really should keep up.
hermrmrhhh
Negotiations at a cost of security?- yup I expect great results! (not)
Again, once more, the only reason for Brexit- migration issues, did you happened to know population numbers in India and their demands?

Carol55
27-11-2016, 19:33
hermrmrhhh
Negotiations at a cost of security?- yup I expect great results! (not)
Again, once more, the only reason for Brexit- migration issues, did you happened to know population numbers in India and their demands?

Yes.

Having worked in Kalimpong (West Bengal) for three years and having two cousins serving in the Indian Army, then I do!

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 19:39
Carol55, UK can not have negotiations until they leave the EU. No county in the world will start proper talks until they know what will happen to the UK.

Choices are

1. UK stays in the Custom Union of the EU. No own trade deals possible.
2. UK leaves Custom Union and we will be like lambs to the slaughter. 60 million against China and India with billions. No chance for a good deal. We will have to make so many concessions that it will not be worth it. What are we actually going to trade except for Scottish lobster, which seems to be doing very well within the EU regulations and masters.

willakawill
27-11-2016, 19:42
When someone can't respond in a sensible manner and continue to discuss matters as you have just done, then it's time to give up posting!

For all intense and purpose, then it's the 'End of Thread.'

Yes.

Having worked in Kalimpong (West Bengal) for three years and having two cousins serving in the Indian Army, then I do!

Yes it is time to give up posting, Carol, although 99.99% of members have been ignoring you and your incessant whining. You haven't fully answered the question. What are the population numbers in India and their demands? I visited Valencia for a day, doesn't mean I can speak Spanish.

Alvy
27-11-2016, 19:43
Also, EU migration has nothing to do with Calais camps, the Farage's, the clowns claims?

Also Russian TU160's buzzing our sub bases, potentially armed with nuclear rocket's, that would already be unstoppable by AADS? apart from fleet of rusting buckets in near our waters, as well as their subs within striking distance to our shore's...

Also killing many on our soil (as MI5 agent self zipped in a bag, nuclear expert- self stabbed to death, Dr Kelly), that displeased their ruler...

And China- ready to renegotiate! under same labour costs and rights as their... lol...

Good news indeed!

Carol55
27-11-2016, 19:50
Yes it is time to give up posting, Carol, although 99.99% of members have been ignoring you and your incessant whining. You haven't fully answered the question. What are the population numbers in India and their demands? I visited Valencia for a day, doesn't mean I can speak Spanish.

Yes, I see your point..."There is none so blind that can not see.", and you sir are certainly one of them, then, like many other forum members.....I'm out!!

Idiots like you are killing this forum.:-(

Alvy
27-11-2016, 19:53
Que????
does it imply, my unanswered question to have broken camels back?
my association with any other members?

Peanuts
27-11-2016, 19:57
Yes, I see your point..."There is none so blind that can not see.", and you sir are certainly one of them, then, like many other forum members.....I'm out!!

Carol55. Good to have met you. I did enjoy our discussion, although as usual, when you ran out of arguments, which was quick, you resorted back to your usual insults.

Maybe you should stay of the wine a bit more often. All you ever talk about is what and how much you drink.

It does then reflect in your responses. Please try your local AA they will be of help... and please do not come to Tenerife as you will only get worse here. You know drink and sun and sun and drink--- :wave:

willakawill
27-11-2016, 20:00

Au Revoir et Bon Voyage. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBZ7AfZR9xs#t=00m06s)

Seems like you can't bully your way on the interweb after all. Who knew??
Of course you are not to be trusted. You seem to have left this forum more times than Liberace had curtain calls.

Alvy
28-11-2016, 13:29
good news I suppose http://www.englishradionews.com/news/spain/canaries/gran-canaria/guardia-civil-arrest-man-on-suspicion-of-is-recruitment/
hardly makes any sense...

Peanuts
28-11-2016, 14:02
Good news. Britain will not automatically leave the EEA unless Article 127 is triggered alongside Article 50.

This is getting better by the day. :laugh::spin::neener:

Alvy
29-11-2016, 03:06
Good news staff showing hoax notes to paparazzi, as if politicians will punish public for voting for Brexit.

Peanuts
29-11-2016, 09:51
Good news. More Scotch Whisky is sold in one month in France than Cognac in a year.

Please do not tell Boris, he will just tell them they can keep their Cognac or...

French Minister told Boris Johnson that he will stop Whisky imports, if Boris does not agree to Freedom of Movement. Mayhem the choice is yours.

Whisky or Cognac. What will it be...

Lord Kerr stated, negotiations to leave were becoming more difficult, adding: “One of the things that worries me is the fog in the channel is getting thicker all the time.How do we look from across the channel at moment? We look incoherent. They cannot believe there was not a plan and five months on, there is still no plan. They note the xenophobia – the attacks on foreigners, the sense that the climate in Britain is changing.

Mrs May’s absolute rejection of any role for the European court of justice in Britain was the single most damaging issue. Most people in Brussels think that rules out anything but a hard Brexit because, ‘how can you play if you will not accept the referee’s decision?’”

Alvy
29-11-2016, 10:17
Mrs May’s absolute rejection of any role for the European court of justice in Britain was the single most damaging issue. Most people in Brussels think that rules out anything but a hard Brexit because, ‘how can you play if you will not accept the referee’s decision?’”

Good news is that, Mz May will be believed, as if she didn't know what job she undertaken to deliver

Even better news, she is deploying deceptive media manipulation in delaying making key decision's

Peanuts
29-11-2016, 19:56
Good news. Reality hits, Germans stubborn and Spain does not want to pay the medical bill.

Waiting for the pain

The Germans argue it makes more sense for the EU to keep the trade-off on British expatriates’ rights up its sleeve as a sweetener during the most painful phase of the negotiations, likely to occur in 2018. It was naïve for the British to expect the issue could be taken out of the overall context. By then, Britain could be gripped by a Brexit-induced slowdown, with foreign financial firms moving jobs from the City to the eurozone and inflation due to the pound’s slide eating into living standards.

They are convinced that Britain will only negotiate realistically once the weakness of its hand has sunk in with the Conservative leadership and pro-Brexit voters, many of whom maintain that Europe needs the U.K. as much as the U.K. needs the EU, and seem to believe that Britain can continue to enjoy the key benefits of the single market without the constraints.

Seen through that prism, cutting a quick deal on citizens’ rights might have perpetuated illusions in London that this is a negotiation among equals, rather than a lopsided situation in which Britain, having voted to leave the club, is dependent on the goodwill of all 27 former EU partners.

A prior deal on citizens might even have raised the temptation for London to walk away after two years without an exit agreement and renege on the bill for its residual liabilities to the Union, which the European Commission Brexit team has provisionally estimated at around €60 billion. Besides, committing to continue giving reciprocal free healthcare cover to more than 300,000 mostly elderly British citizens is a heavy burden for a convalescent economy like Spain’s.
Politico

Peanuts
30-11-2016, 16:36
Good news. Foreigners are getting the message and are staying away from the UK!

New data from the British Hospitality Association (BHA) has revealed that despite predictions of increased UK tourism thanks to a Brexit-affected pound, the number of tourists over the first nine months of the year dropped by almost 400,000 people.:scared:

Well done Brexiteers.

Carol55
30-11-2016, 23:54
Good news. Foreigners are getting the message and are staying away from the UK!

New data from the British Hospitality Association (BHA) has revealed that despite predictions of increased UK tourism thanks to a Brexit-affected pound, the number of tourists over the first nine months of the year dropped by almost 400,000 people.:scared:

Well done Brexiteers.

It's strange as https://www.visitbritain.org/ show a different picture. :dontknow:

willakawill
01-12-2016, 00:23
It's strange as https://www.visitbritain.org/ show a different picture. :dontknow:

No they don't. They lump all visitors together.

Tourists are down for the nine months (http://www.bha.org.uk/bha_news/bha-travel-monitor-numbers-fall/)

Carol55
01-12-2016, 00:31
No they don't. They lump all visitors together.

Tourists are down for the nine months (http://www.bha.org.uk/bha_news/bha-travel-monitor-numbers-fall/)

Where did you get the information from that https://www.visitbritain.org/ are putting all tourists into one lump?
A link to your information would be helpful for all forum members to understand this, as the BHA and Visitbritain show completely different figures....who are we to believe???

Alvy
01-12-2016, 00:44
Where did you get the information from that https://www.visitbritain.org/ are putting all tourists into one lump?
A link to your information would be helpful for all forum members to understand this, as the BHA and Visitbritain show completely different figures....who are we to believe???

Farage!?
but he's run off...

Best news, of the sort, for the sort :D

Carol55
01-12-2016, 01:00
Farage!?
but he's run off...

Best news, of the sort, for the sort :D

Yes, that is good news.:c2:

willakawill
01-12-2016, 01:12

From your own link: (https://www.visitbritain.org/latest-monthly-data)

"Holiday visits were up 1% in September to 1.12 million, following 5 months of year-on-year declines. The last 3 months and year to date visits are tracking 2% and 3% lower than the same periods last year. Holiday visits in the 12 months to September are currently just 2% lower than the 12 months prior, boosted by a strong Q4 2015 and Q1 2016."

Year to date drop; 3% of 13.47 million is almost exactly 400k.

Peanuts
01-12-2016, 09:27
Good news. “The EU is where 75 percent of our food exports go, so all our farming and food businesses wish to achieve this soft outcome,” the group said in its appeal to government, saying the outcome would have far-reaching effects for the sector and the wider economy.

Like I said before, let the unemployed English Brexiteers do the fruit picking. Just a shame it will then go to waste with no customers.

Carol55
01-12-2016, 10:25
From your own link: (https://www.visitbritain.org/latest-monthly-data)

"Holiday visits were up 1% in September to 1.12 million, following 5 months of year-on-year declines. The last 3 months and year to date visits are tracking 2% and 3% lower than the same periods last year. Holiday visits in the 12 months to September are currently just 2% lower than the 12 months prior, boosted by a strong Q4 2015 and Q1 2016."

Year to date drop; 3% of 13.47 million is almost exactly 400k.

I think that this is what you avoided to copy and paste from my link, it shows the incoming figures of overseas visitors to the UK have risen.:)

Visits: The UK received 3.12 million overseas visits in September, up 1% year-on-year, a new record for the month of September. In the past three months, visits are 2% up compared to July-September 2015 at 10.69 million. Year to date visits are tracking 3% ahead of the same time period last year. In the 12 month period to September the UK received 4% more inbound visits than the previous 12 months at 36.82 million visits. Each of these time periods represented new records for inbound visits to Britain.

Let's hope that Alvy & Peanuts press the thankyou button for this true good news!:c2:

macdonald5
01-12-2016, 10:48
Much chance of that
Carol55? Did you see the blue moon fly past ??

Peanuts
01-12-2016, 10:59
I think that this is what you avoided to copy and paste from my link, it shows the incoming figures of overseas visitors to the UK have risen.:)

Visits: The UK received 3.12 million overseas visits in September, up 1% year-on-year, a new record for the month of September. In the past three months, visits are 2% up compared to July-September 2015 at 10.69 million. Year to date visits are tracking 3% ahead of the same time period last year. In the 12 month period to September the UK received 4% more inbound visits than the previous 12 months at 36.82 million visits. Each of these time periods represented new records for inbound visits to Britain.

Let's hope that Alvy & Peanuts press the thankyou button for this true good news!:c2:

Carol, you only read what you want to read. Correct overall visitors to the UK up. Expats coming back home to find out about benefits and council houses. I will...
UK citizens visiting relatives. All up, but tourists down by 400k, these are called foreigners. Brexiteers well done with your hate crimes.

Carol55
01-12-2016, 11:01
Much chance of that
Carol55? Did you see the blue moon fly past ??

Now that's a thought, the song Blue Moon without the support of Alvy and Peanut would soon be Willakawill's signature song..."standing alone, without a love of his own!:lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BziGPUGjhIE#

Peanuts
01-12-2016, 11:15
Good news. Brexit: Citigroup begins talks to move London banking jobs to Germany
One of the world's biggest financial institutions has held discussions with Frankfurt regulators about the move

London will get affordable again. When I get sent back to the UK or what will be left of it, I want a council house in London. One of these penthouse flats, which will be empty soon. Can you please contact David Davis to arrange my smooth return.

Carol55
01-12-2016, 11:48
Tut Tut Peanut, how misleading you are becoming, what was reported by a unnamed source is ......

"Citations Group are considering moving some of its London based equity and interest-rate derivatives traders to Frankfurt after Brexit is triggered, according to people with knowledge of the matter."

Also what has been reported to the Independent, is from a source who does not want to be named. Peanut, you really should stop quoting unnamed sources....remember your credibility is at a all time low! You should follow your own advice and Stop being so selective in what you read.

Peanuts
01-12-2016, 12:57
Good news.

1. Wayne David> In reply to my Question, David Davies has stated that govt is prepared to consider 'paying' for access to Single Market.

What is Brexit all about. Definitely no 350 million for the NHS then....

2. Baroness Neville-Rolfe, a business minister said, Britain has decided to press ahead with plans to join an EU-wide patent system. This is a major overhaul, requiring UK courts to give up jurisdiction over patents, pooling sovereignty with the rest of Europe. One of the central divisions of the proposed Unified Patent Court will be in London, with the other two in Munich and Paris — all overseen by the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg. There will be British lawyers among the judges. All will proceed, it seems, as if Britain had never voted to leave the EU.

No taking back control then. ECJ continues to rules.

3. ...and we all know by now no single market access without the 4 freedoms..

Indeed, this is turning into a very expensive Tory bonding session. and the whole country has to pay for it. Brexiteers wake up, you have been taken for an expensive ride.

Peanuts
02-12-2016, 09:27
Good News. Brexit Blow for Mayhem as Pro-EU Party Wins London By-Election

We need more Tories to stand down, loose and Brexit will be stopped. The people do not want the Tories destroying our country, just because of their in fights and in house problems.

Carol55
02-12-2016, 11:12
Some good news on the pound.

Stirling yesterday rallied across the board following comments from Brexit Secretary Davis. When asked whether the government would consider contributions to the EU, Davis said that the “major criterion” was getting the “best possible access for goods and services” in the single market.

GBP/EUR rallied over 1.3% to above 1.1940, a twelve-week high. GBP/USD also rose over 1.3% towards 1.2700, its highest levels since 6 October, prior to the flash crash. The pound later reversed some of those gains. Sterling strengthened over 1.0% against the Canadian, New Zealand, and Australian dollars.

Peanuts
02-12-2016, 11:19
Some good news on the pound.

Stirling yesterday rallied across the board following comments from Brexit Secretary Davis. When asked whether the government would consider contributions to the EU, Davis said that the “major criterion” was getting the “best possible access for goods and services” in the single market.

GBP/EUR rallied over 1.3% to above 1.1940, a twelve-week high. GBP/USD also rose over 1.3% towards 1.2700, its highest levels since 6 October, prior to the flash crash. The pound later reversed some of those gains. Sterling strengthened over 1.0% against the Canadian, New Zealand, and Australian dollars.

Is that Eric or Carol. Hiding behind other accounts?

Wait and see how the Pound rises when Brexit is stopped altogether. What a waste of time and money this is...

Carol55
02-12-2016, 11:26
Is that Eric or Carol. Hiding behind other accounts?

Maybe that's something that you do and hide behind a woman's skirt.

It has been noted that when a discussion goes against you that you try to divert from the truth and make attacks on people, but generally and once again you hide behind someone and on this occasion it's a silly unwarranted remark made by WillakaWill, you should attempt to try posting off your own back Peanuts using your own limited intelligence as you are appearing to be a spineless, brainless individual.

"..............

Tut Tut Peanut, how misleading you are becoming, what was reported by a unnamed source is ......

"Citations Group are considering moving some of its London based equity and interest-rate derivatives traders to Frankfurt after Brexit is triggered, according to people with knowledge of the matter."

Also what has been reported to the Independent, is from a source who does not want to be named. Peanut, you really should stop quoting unnamed sources....remember your credibility is at a all time low! You should follow your own advice and Stop being so selective in what you read.

Peanuts
02-12-2016, 11:46
Carol55, what are you going on about. :crying2:

Brexit is going to fail. Pound is on the way up. Next year it will drop again, then hopefully up again, but at the end common sense will prevail, NO BREXIT, and we can carry on as before.

Carol55
02-12-2016, 11:55
Carol55, what are you going on about. :crying2:

Brexit is going to fail. Pound is on the way up. Next year it will drop again, then hopefully up again, but at the end common sense will prevail, NO BREXIT, and we can carry on as before.

I seem to remember that a few months ago that you along with many others (including myself!) forecast that the pound would drop within weeks to a rate of £1 to €1 and now the trend has more recently gone in the other direction, can you give us any indication as to why this would happen, surly it's shows a indication that now the worlds markets are begining to see GB out of the eu as a more positive move.

Peanuts
02-12-2016, 12:32
I seem to remember that a few months ago that you along with many others (including myself!) forecast that the pound would drop within weeks to a rate of £1 to €1 and now the trend has more recently gone in the other direction, can you give us any indication as to why this would happen, surly it's shows a indication that now the worlds markets are begining to see GB out of the eu as a more positive move.

No it is very straight forward. A hard Brexit or WTO rules and we will have parity of the Pound to EURO. No Brexit and the Pound goes back up. This is how the world sees us. **** up your own country and you suffer, common sense and all will be well.

and still... Brexit has not started yet...

The Tories say the Richmond Park by-election doesn’t change anything on Europe. But the passion of voters in the south London constituency and the first signs of an emerging anti-Brexit cross-party alliance point to how Theresa May could be defeated nationally. In times to come, Sarah Olney’s victory may be seen as the moment the fightback began.

The best chance of stopping Brexit is not in the next few months but in two years’ time, when May returns from her European negotiations with either a bad deal or no deal at all. That’s when more MPs may have the courage to say we must stop the madness and give the people a chance – via a new referendum – to say whether they still want to quit the EU.

essexeddie
02-12-2016, 14:27
Only odious gutless traitors want to stop Brexit.
The Richmond by election means nothing as most were probably remoaners anyway.
Get used to, we are coming out.

willakawill
02-12-2016, 16:38

The only 'coming out' that you will be doing, Eric, is as a transgender forum lunatic.
Post on your own account.

Peanuts
02-12-2016, 16:44

essexeddie, you, like many Brexiteers have no clue what Brexit actually means. What are you coming out of?

One of Cameron’s major mistakes was to promise his party and the electorate an ambitious renegotiation of EU membership terms that he could never deliver.

Similarly, May and her Brexiteer team must know by now that the idea that Britain will give the EU-27 nothing yet still gets unfettered access to the single market is pretty fanciful.

Leaves what? Think about it, you have even less clue than the Tory party and they had 5 months to come up with something. As the Spanish say NADA...:doh:

Peanuts
03-12-2016, 18:36
Good news. Mayhem has now got her own Economic adviser. Finally, somebody close, in her inner circle, will be able to tell her how ****ed up our country now is.

Richmond By-election is sending a clear message of the people. Stop Brexit!!

Alvy
03-12-2016, 22:42
Unsure if good, but news:
http://news.sky.com/story/ministers-pressing-for-low-skilled-migration-to-continue-after-brexit160-10682703
What why or how Brexit be making changes to migration and economy?

Peanuts
03-12-2016, 23:20
Sorry bad news, Theresa May is under pressure from ministers to let in tens of thousands of unskilled migrants every year - even after Britain leaves the EU. Our unemployed although getting additional dough for the day do not want to work....:crying2:

essexeddie
04-12-2016, 11:30
Richmond By-election is sending a clear message of the people. Stop Brexit!!

Ha ha ha ha dream on. Peanut must be the size of your brain sunshine.
You should climb out of your little bubble and see what's happening in the UK. I was going to say home but the uK is not home to you.
You can now carry on with your rambling

Alvy
04-12-2016, 13:42
Good news !
Mz May ordered purge, as if to shift the blame of personal delusion failure on info leaks...

Heads will roll, Mz May will be triumphant in either outcome ( AKA FAILURE)

Peanuts
04-12-2016, 14:26
Ha ha ha ha dream on. Peanut must be the size of your brain sunshine.
You should climb out of your little bubble and see what's happening in the UK. I was going to say home but the uK is not home to you.
You can now carry on with your rambling

What is going on in the UK? Please enlighten me. From where I am and I seem to have a good seat with an excellent view nothing good. There are more immigrants from outside the EU than from the EU. What is done about them? It is easy to blame the EU for 40 years about what is wrong with the UK. Bit of an old hat won´t you think. The Tory bonding session failed and us peasants have to pay for it as usual. Have you ever heard about change within. Maybe you should question what our politicians tell us. The lies and incompetence. Only good thing about Brexit will be one excuse less and hopefully the public will then see the controlling elite for what they are.

I give you just one example where this is heading, but you will find a reason to ignore it too:

Last week, Theresa May said ‘there was more to do and we will do it’ when it comes to tackling this invisible killer that takes 50,000 British lives prematurely every year.

The problem is, her statement came in the wake of yet another humiliating legal defeat for the British government - the second in 18 months - when the high court once again ruled that the government’s plans to tackle illegal levels of air pollution were so inept, so scant, that they were in fact unlawful.

At home, the government has been dragged through the courts for failing to set out how it will meet its air quality targets, abroad, it has actively led a coalition of EU governments in trying to water down a range of measures that will halve the number of early deaths caused by toxic air pollution by 2030.

One good thing, in future when you visit the EU you can get some fresh air.

Queen, not elected, Lords, not elected, Prime Minister not elected and you complain about the EU. :stupid:

You are very quick with insults.Tell us your grand plan or shut up!

Good news. First step Austria. Populists lost. Yes they lost!!!!!:bootyshake:

Peanuts
05-12-2016, 10:17
Very good news. The 48% now have a voice, yes they will be heard. As the 52%, if there are 52% left, which I doubt, do not know what they want, WTO, hard, soft etc, we can now say "Stop Brexit" as the will of the people has changed.

Essexeddie has no grand plan on Brexit, no surprise there. :duh:

essexeddie
05-12-2016, 10:50
Well it looks like Italy have come to their senses and voted NO.
Another blow for the EU. We will see the Euro slide and the pound improve. All good news.

Alvy
05-12-2016, 11:38
Another blow for the EU. We will see the Euro slide and the pound improve. All good news.

NOT exactly!
They where burden on financial institutions and cutting them loose would be good for euro, but doubtful it'll have any effect on a pound.
Good in a way, that'll be similar exotus, bad, they if ever, will be done with later, than us (if)

Peanuts
05-12-2016, 11:39

I am impressed with your grand plan. Did you come up with this all on your own. Well done...:bowdown:

Democracy has won. Senate is staying with its current powers. Renzi was like Mayhem is, she wants to get rid of the Lords because they might vote against her. Only worry is, we are so stupid and let her do that!

essexeddie
05-12-2016, 14:31
What are you on about dim wit.
I'm not a politician, what's the point in me having a plan.
My personal plan is sorted what ever the outcome unlike you ha ha.

Peanuts
05-12-2016, 15:42
Well done, now we know you do not have a plan, you must be one of them who follow the crowd and chant whatever makes them and you popular.

Good news essexeddie is sorted. :jumping: but he will have to pay more.

Over 5,500 restaurants companies could go bust within the next three years, due to inflationary pressures and stagnating disposable incomes, according to a new research by accountancy firm Moore Stephens.

Almost half of British food, which includes both restaurants and households, is imported, according to government figures, with 29 per cent coming from the EU.

willakawill
05-12-2016, 15:55
What are you on about dim wit.
I'm not a politician, what's the point in me having a plan.
My personal plan is sorted what ever the outcome unlike you ha ha.

And there we have it in a nutshell. Not just proud of being clueless about the repercussions of your vote, what the vote was even about or that, as long as you are fine you couldn't care less about the collapse of UK , but also boasting about it on a public forum.
The end is nigh.

Peanuts
05-12-2016, 16:46
Good news. Supreme Court, Attorney General and his little helpers are loosing the plot.

“The idea that the referendum gave Theresa May the job to leave the EU is a political argument.

“Legally, it is better to say that the referendum gave parliament the job of leaving the EU.”

:respect::agree:

essexeddie
05-12-2016, 17:40
Ha ha ha you two remind me of the muppets ha ha.
You really are bonkers.
I'm off this thread for a bit as it's getting laborious.

Peanuts
05-12-2016, 17:43
Ha ha ha you two remind me of the muppets ha ha.
You really are bonkers.
I'm off this thread for a bit as it's getting laborious.

Silly man....do not ask essexeddie his opinion, he has not got one. :doh:

Today at the Supreme Court. Government lost it big style...

In one exchange, Lord Mance asked Eadie to explain what parliament’s role would be in the Great Repeal Bill, legislation that once passed will transpose EU law that currently affects UK law into domestic law. May first announced plans for the legislation at the Conservative party conference in October.

Mance asked this question because one of the key assumptions at the heart of the government’s legal argument is that MPs will get to have a big say on how Britain leaves the EU once Article 50 has been invoked.

The justice said: "Do you have any evidence that parliament will play a role once Article 50 has been triggered?... What actually is parliament’s role [in the Great Repeal Bill] other than what was said at Conservative Party Conference?"

Eadie could only respond with "pass."

Alvy
06-12-2016, 04:20
"The good news", interwebs turned mediocre personalities in to philosophical prophets.... Carol55
It will get worse, before any better!
;)

Peanuts
06-12-2016, 15:26
Good news. Theresa May wants 'red, white and blue' Brexit

People are, it seems, sick of hearing “Brexit means Brexit”, so Theresa May has come up with a new catchprhase.

She’s told reporters on her trip to Bahrain she wants a “red, white and blue” Brexit. Which is much more helpful.

Finally we know what Brexit is about. :pray:

It is the Norway flag, Brexit means the Norwegian solution. :c2:

willakawill
06-12-2016, 15:52
Good news. Theresa May wants 'red, white and blue' Brexit

People are, it seems, sick of hearing “Brexit means Brexit”, so Theresa May has come up with a new catchprhase.

She’s told reporters on her trip to Bahrain she wants a “red, white and blue” Brexit. Which is much more helpful.

Finally we know what Brexit is about. :pray:

It is the Norway flag, Brexit means the Norwegian solution. :c2:

She wants the Red White and Blue of 38 countries Brexit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_White_and_Blue)

AndyG
06-12-2016, 17:30
Looks like the 3 of you have this thread to yourselves. All I see is ' this message is hidden because xxx is on your ignore list'. Enjoy yourselves!

Peanuts
06-12-2016, 17:57
She wants the Red White and Blue of 38 countries Brexit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_White_and_Blue)

bugger :scared: which one is it. Now I am none the wiser. Brexit means No Plan.

Who would believe it. Theresa May agrees to publish Brexit plans before triggering Article 50 in major U-turn.

willakawill
06-12-2016, 19:38
bugger :scared: which one is it. Now I am none the wiser. Brexit means No Plan.

Who would believe it. Theresa May agrees to publish Brexit plans before triggering Article 50 in major U-turn.

Can't be that expensive to publish a blank piece of paper :)

Looks like the 3 of you have this thread to yourselves. All I see is ' this message is hidden because xxx is on your ignore list'. Enjoy yourselves!

Or perhaps an earlier quote would be more germane.

I read the comments that are posted and sometimes I chip in with my own comment but I just wish that people could express their opinion without putting other people down.

Or pretending to ignore.
Or thinking that they own the forum and make the forum rules.
Or ungraciously blowing themselves up in public
Or imagining that anyone gives a ****

Announcing on a forum that you are ignoring other posters is using logic that would make a five year old blush.

Peanuts
06-12-2016, 21:54

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)
Peanuts, AndyG

Look at that, can not stay away. :raspberry2:

Good one....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2016/dec/06/steve-bell-on-red-white-and-blue-brexit-cartoon

Peanuts
07-12-2016, 10:49
Not so good news. Carol and Eric are starting to feel the pinch or have not made their order yet.

Brexit blamed for lower Christmas Champagne orders

Barillère also suggested that initial figures showed the US drank more Champagne than the UK in October. The UK has long been the biggest market.

http://www.decanter.com/wine-news/brexit-champagne-sales-349346/#4EYWLsWodfkZp6fx.99

Very good news.:fpull:

Chelsea home owners suffer 13% drop in property values as central London house prices fall by nearly 5%

London is starting to get affordable. Davis, get my council house ready for when I have to return. Still waiting for you to contact me.

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 13:45
Not so good news. Carol and Eric are starting to feel the pinch or have not made their order yet.

Brexit blamed for lower Christmas Champagne orders

Moderator after your overnight clearance of stupid posts at 09:49 today forum member Peanuts has already made a inflammatory post.

Post Reported.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 14:45
Moderator after your overnight clearance of stupid posts at 09:49 today forum member Peanuts has already made a inflammatory post.

Post Reported.

reporting irrelevant- flamer post

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 14:53
reporting irrelevant- flamer post

Reported as a inflammatory post!

Alvy
07-12-2016, 15:01
Reported as a inflammatory post!

Dear sissy, your reporting has become as invalid, as you are

You certainly lack of integrity to be posting any further or to be say as if you could be considered to be grown man.

one more post, to the collection of your cries, irrelevant to the thread subject discussed.

Come again!

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 15:10
Dear sissy, your reporting has become as invalid, as you are

You certainly lack of integrity to be posting any further or to be say as if you could be considered to be grown man.

one more post, to the collection of your cries, irrelevant to the thread subject discussed.

Come again!

Post reported.

Peanuts
07-12-2016, 15:24

Post Reported.

Eric, I told you yesterday if you leave me alone I will leave you alone, if you carry on I will protect myself. You decided to continue to harass me again and this is what I am doing.

You are bully, telling people to kill themselves and now shouting for help. It just shows who you really are, yes a bully. Leave me and the other forum users alone and it will be a better place. :welcome:

Theresa May to publish fag packet on back of which Brexit plan is scribbled

In what is being seen as a significant climb-down by the Government, Theresa May will make available the fag packet on which she scrawled the plans for Brexit after her 6th pint in a local pub.

Although not officially released yet to Government, copies of the fag packet have been made available to the press.

The fag packet reads

1 – Leave EU
2 – Sort all the **** out

Which seems to indicate a clarity of purpose, if a lack of detail, on the part of the Government.

There is also an interesting insight into the mindset of the prime minister as she formulated the plan while writing the acronym FML clearly in one corner of the fag packet and a small, crudely drawn picture of male genitalia in another.

Liberal Democrats have claimed the release of the fag packet is a victory for Remainers with Tim Farron saying “This is terrific news for everyone who voted to – No wait. Come back. We’re still relevant, we are. We got a new MP and everything!”

Labour seemed a little more guarded in their response, saying only – “Europe? That sounds like something we’re supposed to care about.”

Mrs May is understood to have been reluctant to release the fag packet as it still had a couple of silk cut in, but was talked round after an aide promised to look after them.

Newsthump

Alvy
07-12-2016, 15:25
Post reported.

How courageous of you to be turning suicidal, defending females right to flame..... not!

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 15:29
Eric, I told you yesterday if you leave me alone I will leave you alone, if you carry on I will protect myself. You decide to continue to harass me again and this is what I am doing.

You are bully, telling people to kill themselves and now shouting for help. It just shows who you really are, yes a bully. Leave me and the forum alone and it will be a better place. :welcome:
[B]

Newsthump

How courageous of you to be turning suicidal, defending females right to flame..... not!

Both posts reported as inflammatory to Moderator (s)

Alvy
07-12-2016, 15:38
Both posts reported as inflammatory to Moderator (s)

Slobby!
Your reporting are baseless tantrums. Grow a pair!?

Peanuts
07-12-2016, 15:39
Good news. EU will give us one last chance.

Yesterday Michel Barnier, the European Commission’s chief negotiator, said the Brexit talks need to finish by October 2018 so that the European Parliament can ratify deal. This means that we, too, will get time to examine the deal and reject it if we don’t like the look of it.

If Barnier – and before him Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s chief negotiator – hadn’t said this, there would have been a risk that Theresa May could have bounced the UK into backing whatever deal she managed to negotiate. Say she triggered Article 50 as planned next March and had then come back with a miserable divorce arrangement in February 2019. We’d have been so close to the two-year deadline that MPs would have had little option but to grin and bear it.

But Mayhem won’t now be able to play such a trick. Even if she doesn’t formally put the Brexit deal to our parliament until after it has been ratified by the European Parliament, she won’t be able to stop MPs and peers debating the text in October 2018. If they don’t like it, they will then have time to ask the British people what they think in a new referendum. And if the voters don’t then want to quit, we’ll probably be able to cancel Brexit.

This means, we will get a really bad deal in the first place. They already said any transition deal has to be bad, to kick us out of the hammock in case we stay in it too long.

:respect:

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 15:48
Slobby!
Your reporting are baseless tantrums. Grow a pair!?

Reported as inflammatory and crude post.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 15:59
Reported as inflammatory and crude post.

Fatty porky, you lost it!

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 16:02
Fatty porky, you lost it!

Please stop making these rude (sometimes crude) and inflammatory posts, they are serving no purpose at all, plus they are not showing this forum in a good light.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 16:28
Please stop making these rude (sometimes crude) and inflammatory posts, they are serving no purpose at all, plus they are not showing this forum in a good light.

Whilst you I can see the benefit of you gaining from making yourself in a manner, you do from your Mrs, I see it as a sign- you are so dominated, that it should serve you a favour in running away from her?

And on a subject of value to the forum-thread purpose you provide none

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 16:34
Whilst you I can see the benefit of you gaining from making yourself in a manner, you do from your Mrs, I see it as a sign- you are so dominated, that it should serve you a favour in running away from her?

And on a subject of value to the forum-thread purpose you provide none

Reported as arguementative and insulting.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 16:37
Reported as arguementative and insulting.

I shall not report it... I feel as if sympathy is needed for you, due to your mental development age being of a 9 year old girl

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 16:38
I shall not report it... I feel as if sympathy is needed for you, due to your mental development age being of a 9 year old girl

Reported as insulting.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 16:41
Reported as insulting.

Dont take much to insult your slobbines?

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 16:42
Dont take much to insult your slobbines?

Reported as both arguementative and insulting.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 16:44
Reported as both arguementative and insulting.

Do you think Mod is your mummy to solve all of the arguments you get yourself in to?

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 16:47
Do you think Mod is your mummy to solve all of the arguments you get yourself in to?

Reported.....

Alvy
07-12-2016, 16:51
Reported.....

Meanwhile, did you cry a little?
(just for the reference, as why should- would- could anyone , as IE moderator, pay any attention to your tantrums)

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 16:57
Meanwhile, did you cry a little?
(just for the reference, as why should- would- could anyone , as IE moderator, pay any attention to your tantrums)

Reported as insulting.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 17:05

Reported as insulting.

You are not sure now, if it is truly insulting or just insulting to from your perspective?

If I was Moderator, I would remove reporting button from you and would replace it with butthurt button

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 17:07

You are not sure now, if it is truly insulting or just insulting to from your perspective?

If I was Moderator, I would remove reporting button from you and would replace it with butthurt button

Reported as arguementative..

Alvy
07-12-2016, 17:08
I shall redeem myself! Ecky Thump

Fill one of those for us darling?

Reported as arguementative..

You are wrong!
In order for one to be argumentative, your position needs to be clarified... which is none

Also arguementative is spelled as argumentative

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 17:14
Reported.......

Please stop these sort of posts as they are taking away the worth of what should be a informative thread.

Alvy
07-12-2016, 17:15
Reported.......

reported as butthurt?

Reported.......

Please stop these sort of posts as they are taking away the worth of what should be a informative thread.

What is it you are begging for?

Utter nonsense you post- to not to respond to?

Does sound pathetic, but not inexcusable for you...

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 17:30
reported as butthurt?
What is it you are begging for?Utter nonsense you post- to not to respond to?Does sound pathetic, but not inexcusable for you...

Reported...!!. rolleyes2:

Alvy
07-12-2016, 17:34
Reported...!!. rolleyes2:

what is it you are reporting?

Low IQ?- butthurt form is at a ready,

Somebody being harsh to you- buthurt button should be available soon

I surely hope, your mummy is alive to listen to your whining, but you need to be more specific as WHAT and WHY you are reporting to Moderator! no?

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 17:35
what is it you are reporting?

Low IQ?- butthurt form is at a ready,Somebody being harsh to you- buthurt button should be available soonI surely hope, your mummy is alive to listen to your whining, but you need to be more specific as WHAT and WHY you are reporting to Moderator! no?

Reported......

Alvy
07-12-2016, 17:39
Reported......

Does it indicate, you inability to read/respond in English?

not good
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4009604/We-today-rebels-ready-deliver-people-Davis-dares-rebels-try-thwart-Brexit-Commons-showdown-triggering-Article-50-April.html

Peanuts
07-12-2016, 22:46
This is what you call bespoke trade deals, we are open for business.

Brexit trade minister and North Somerset MP Liam Fox has admitted Britain will have to effectively have the same trade agreements with other countries around the world – even after leaving the European Union.

Dr Fox announced he has opened discussions with 164 other countries in the World Trade Organisation, but because Britain has just two years before it leaves the EU, he will have to 'replicate as far as possible' the current agreements and 'obligations' to the World Trade Organisation.

And that - given the Brexit campaign was won largely on the basis of the promise of bespoke trade deals between Britain and other major countries outside the EU, like Brazil, China and the US – has caused criticism from Brexit campaigners.

Reality hurts, but then you Leavers will chase any bone, even if it chokes you.

Good news, 20 years of misery before the benefits of new Trade deals kick in. Well done Brexiteers. Hope your grand children hold you responsible. :stupid:

Peanuts
08-12-2016, 10:51
Good news 89 MPs, yes 89 voted against the will of the people.

Yes, they voted for 48% of the people. When this is over, they deserve a medal for standing up in what they believe in.

This is only the start and I know how it will finish. :raspberry:

essexeddie
08-12-2016, 11:21
461 to 89 MPs voted to evoke article 50 by March 17.
Fantastic news.
So really it makes all these posts irrelevant. (What ever they were)

Peanuts
08-12-2016, 11:55
Yesterday 89 MPs voted against Brexit. I am proud of the UK to have MPs who put their country first.

At the next election the Tories will get their marching orders for what they have done to us 48% and definitely more by then. Scotland and Northern Ireland are forced into a decision they did not want and all this because of a Tory bonding session gone wrong, to keep backbenches quite.

The EU will decide on the future of the UK, not us!
Firstly, by the deal we are getting and secondly, how they deal with us under WTO terms. Remember, they are in charge at the WTO not us.
They have given us their choice already, best deal is remain and the single market without 4 freedoms is not possible. Leaves us with EU WTO terms, which we already decided to copy. In addition, law is a copy and paste job too. So much to the bright future :crylaughing:

What will be better after Brexit? No Brexiteer can give me an answer, as they are all clueless and it shows with many people on this forum, you only get insults.

Mayhem and the Brexiteers have a huge problem, in politics you make a deal before you inform the people. Allowing you to look like the winner, you only tell people what you have already agreed on and you know you will achieve. In this case the EU is not prepared to do so before notification of Article 50.

Mayhem has now been forced to inform us before triggering Article 50 and what she is trying to achieve during negotiations. For her this is like a stab in the dark, she has no plan, hence the no running comment etc. ... and it will be her downfall. She has no clue what deal the EU will give here. Trust me they know already.

...and the deal will be so bad that it will be rejected and we will Remain. Two wasted years, madness, and what a shame... :thanx:

I have achieved what I wanted and will stop posting for a while. Will be back when there is some important issues or end of 2018 when the 2 referendum happens.

Therefore I will now be sitting back and enjoy the ride from sunny Tenerife.

If I am wrong, Davis contact me and get my council house ready. I will have to come home. :laugh:

:goodluck:

Good news :stupid:

willakawill
08-12-2016, 15:08
461 to 89 MPs voted to evoke article 50 by March 17.
Fantastic news.
So really it makes all these posts irrelevant. (What ever they were)

Evidently beleavers are no more familiar with non-binding parliamentary opinion polls than they are with non-binding public referendum opinion polls, and why would that surprise me?
Only political fools would risk vilification in the nazi uk tabloids by voting against the opinion poll yesterday. It has no effect whatsoever on membership of the eu regardless of the absurd spin that beleaver mps are placing on it.

Alvy
08-12-2016, 15:33
Good news indeed- Court held last hearing day...

Peanuts
13-12-2016, 12:33
**** news today!

The fall in central London house prices is accelerating...

Values were down year on year in five boroughs and the City of London in October, compared with just three local authority areas in September and only one in August, according to latest data from the Land Registry.

The biggest fall was in the City, where prices are now 8.8 per cent lower than last year, followed by Kensington and Chelsea, which has seen a 4.9 per cent annual drop.

Other boroughs with falling values are Westminster, Camden, Hammersmith and Fulham and Richmond. Areas where prices look likely to turn negative in coming months include Islington, where they are up just 0.3 per cent year on year, and Wandsworth, where they are 2.8 per cent above 2015 levels.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/central-london-house-prices-plunge-amid-brexit-fears-and-stamp-duty-hikes-a3419011.html

Peanuts
14-12-2016, 10:15
Important bad news. For those who are or plan their retirement in Spain.

Britons retiring to Spain are attracted not only by a warm climate and Mediterranean lifestyle but also by free access to a well-regarded health system, with London ultimately picking up the bill by refunding Madrid for their health costs.

It is unclear if that EU-mandated arrangement will continue as the issue is likely to become tangled in divorce negotiations set to begin by March. Pensioners meanwhile worry they may have to return to Britain's stretched health system, another example of unintended Brexit consequences rippling across Europe.

A return of ailing pensioners to Britain would threaten to further strain its National Health Service (NHS) where patients can wait for hours in hospital corridors before they are treated - not an outcome envisaged by Brexit campaigners.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-spain-insight-idUSKBN1430KD

Peanuts
16-12-2016, 09:30
Good news Brexiteers, we are now on our own. Billy no mates in Europe. Hope you and Mayhem find better friends in that open world of yours.

Please do not tell me we will get a better deal as they still want to sell cars to us. We build over 2 million cars a year, give it 10 years and that number will be less than half.

:cry:

50 Billion :twak:

46-year-old Brexit voter Simon Williams remains utterly convinced he could negotiate a better Brexit deal than the current government after learning of a potential £50bn ‘divorce’ settlement for outstanding liabilities.

The potential £50bn bill is to settle ongoing liabilities that the British government has agreed to contribute to while it was inside the EU, though Williams says they should tell the EU to ‘shove it’.

He explained, “This is just like that time when Pizza Hut put that tip on my bill – I wasn’t having any of that. I told them to shove it, and so that’s what they did. End of story.

“They’re just trying to pull a fast one by slipping £50bn at the end of the bill in the hope we’ll just pay it.

“But they can’t make you pay it, I looked it up; it’s the law. Not the law according to ‘experts’, the law according to my mate Dave in the pub.”

Williams went on to explain that Brexit is a lot like when he got divorced.

“Yeah, I just refused to contribute to the mortgage I’d happily signed up to a few years before and we lost the house. I now live in a rented bedsit and the missus had to move back in with her parents. Win-win.

“So if they want any tips, give me a ring on the mobile.”

Newsthump

Alvy
16-12-2016, 15:04
Good news Brexiteers, we are now on our own. Billy no mates in Europe. Hope you and Mayhem find better friends in that open world of yours.

Please do not tell me we will get a better deal as they still want to sell cars to us. We build over 2 million cars a year, give it 10 years and that number will be less than half.

:cry:

50 Billion :twak:

46-year-old Brexit voter Simon Williams remains utterly convinced he could negotiate a better Brexit deal than the current government after learning of a potential £50bn ‘divorce’ settlement for outstanding liabilities.

The potential £50bn bill is to settle ongoing liabilities that the British government has agreed to contribute to while it was inside the EU, though Williams says they should tell the EU to ‘shove it’.

He explained, “This is just like that time when Pizza Hut put that tip on my bill – I wasn’t having any of that. I told them to shove it, and so that’s what they did. End of story.

“They’re just trying to pull a fast one by slipping £50bn at the end of the bill in the hope we’ll just pay it.

“But they can’t make you pay it, I looked it up; it’s the law. Not the law according to ‘experts’, the law according to my mate Dave in the pub.”

Williams went on to explain that Brexit is a lot like when he got divorced.

“Yeah, I just refused to contribute to the mortgage I’d happily signed up to a few years before and we lost the house. I now live in a rented bedsit and the missus had to move back in with her parents. Win-win.

“So if they want any tips, give me a ring on the mobile.”

Newsthump

I'll send you a bill for dry cleaning of coffee from my shirt! :angry:

:cheeky::laugh:

Maggie wanna be isn't that bright either... :/

Theresa May rejects £50bn EU 'divorce settlement' figure
Prime minister’s spokesman says figure representing UK’s share of long-term liabilities ‘does not actually exist’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/16/theresa-may-rejects-50bn-eu-divorce-settlement-figure

Peanuts
17-12-2016, 10:36
Good news - Argentina DEMAND Falklands resolution with Britain in bid to launch post-Brexit trade deal

BRITAIN and Argentina could be set for a new trade deal after Brexit - but only if the two countries can come to an agreement over the long running Falkland Islands dispute.

Told you so....:raspberry2:

glassman
17-12-2016, 13:44
Garbage. Garbarge. Garbage ������������������������

Peanuts
17-12-2016, 16:54
Garbage. Garbarge. Garbage ������������������������

Very informative, you are right about Brexit, leaving the EU, it is Garbage. MAD,MAD, :doh:

The Mirror says the country will be handed a £50bn bill to leave the EU. The money is made up of the “UK’s final two years of EU budget payments plus pensions liabilities and other commitments we have previously agreed to”. This bill has been “confirmed” by EU negotiators. The Mirror adds that EU Ambassador… anyone? Anyone? Yes, it’s Sir Ivan Rogers. Well, he says leaving the EU could take ten years.

That May has been in Brussels with the other EU country leaders has not escaped the Mirror’s eye. It says May lacks authority and presence in meetings. Her “inexperience” is a “major handicap for Britain”. Her rivals see “victim” stamped on her forehead. She was awkward when filmed standing alone as “Europe’s power players hug and greet one another at the Brussels’ summit”. It was “excruciating”. May was “desolate”. The other leader then told her to go while they all went to dinner together.

Alvy
17-12-2016, 22:29
Not good, as even Japanese are getting annoyed...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4043852/Japanese-banks-hold-Theresa-ransom-threatening-operations-London-unless-tells-Brexit-plan.html

Angusjim
18-12-2016, 08:39
This is a very informative thread well done to all you have been contributing :c2:

Peanuts
18-12-2016, 11:21
Good news, we now know what Brexit means:

Brexit means "I think I better leave now" stated by NOMAYTES in Brussels.

Alvy
18-12-2016, 17:22
Really good news!

Upon agreement for tariffs free Coal exports to Australia

Agreement to better integrate Saudi Arabia Customs in return of an oil...

South Korea willingness means no restriction of our electronic exports to them !

???
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4045148/South-Korea-SEVENTH-country-agree-strike-new-trade-links-Britain-Brexit-Liam-Fox-vows-make-UK-hub-global-commerce.html

languagefan
18-12-2016, 18:55
That is no good news at all, and it is the short term consequence of the very weak pound post-Brexit.

Alvy
18-12-2016, 19:54
That is no good news at all, and it is the short term consequence of the very weak pound post-Brexit.

My bad- just 'been sarcastic, sorry!

Peanuts
18-12-2016, 20:45
Good news for Leavers. ABC of what is going wrong.

The gap between the continent and England has never been wider. While every morning our press, most especially the two Andrews – Marr and Neil – and the Today programme, work themselves into a lather over Brexit, the rest of Europe shrugs its shoulder and says, “S’il vous plait, just get on with it.”

As Theresa May saw for herself in Brussels last week, the EU 27 are now in Zen mode. The hopes of some in London that different EU capitals could be divided one from the other have proved fruitless. The talk of “punishing Britain” is empty waffle. Talks with chief negotiators from the European Commission and Council and ministers in EU capitals produce a common line. They see Brexit as lose-lose but they respect the decision.

There is no aggression, no desire for a row, but equally no sense that the rest of Europe has to follow Britain down the road of hostility to other European citizens or to tear up the common rule book.

Spain has 1.1 million Romanians living there, not to mention the 800,000 British, France has 650,000 Portuguese and Germany 2 million Poles. But the kind of anti-Polish hate language or Nigel Farage saying he would not want a Romanian family to move in nextdoor is virtually unknown in Europe.

Germany has eight frontiers with EU countries, plus one with Switzerland, and 380,000 European workers cross German frontiers every day to add value to the German economy. The idea of a return of entry and work visas, or controlling every lorry or van or car crossing a frontier to trade goods or do business, seems to any German politician to be just slightly potty.

If the Britons want to pull out of the customs union and revert to having to fill in hundreds of millions of custom forms for any good or service sold to the world’s biggest market, which will include hiring thousands of new customs officers on the public payroll, that is Britain’s problem but not one for sensible continental European businesses to get involved in.

Ministers’ jaws drop in EU capitals when they hear of appeals from Theresa May or David Davis for a quickie agreement on the status of British ex-pats on the continent or EU citizens here. May can easily – and should – make a Government announcement on the status of EU citizens in the UK once we are out of the EU, but the right of all EU citizens to live and work everywhere is part of EU Treaty law. The idea of opening up negotiations to write a new treaty law in a few weeks just because of Brexit xenophobia makes no sense anywhere in Europe.

No EU capital likes the European Court of Justice, which is more of a giant commercial court and administrative tribunal despite its grandiose title. The UK has won more cases than it has lost at the ECJ. But a rulebook needs an arbiter, and so the rest of Europe remains puzzled at the fact that Britain, the nation that invented “playing by the rules” and accepting the umpire’s decision, now can no longer bear to do so.

The non-Europhobe press here report announcements by the Japanese and other banks that they will relocate key parts of their activities to have full single market access which ends the day the UK starts to discriminate against EU citizens in terms of travel, work and residence rights. Meanwhile, the rest of Europe knows at best it will get a small segment of City business but overall it is New York that will benefit as global finance leaves London and hence Europe.

Europe is puzzled by personal attacks on Michel Barnier by Andrew Tyrie, the normally level-headed chair of the Commons Finance Select Committee, or the insistence of Labour bigwigs on echoing the Ukip call for “managed migration”. Why, they wonder, doesn’t our Government instead work out how to reorganise the UK’s labour market to support jobs, training and fair pay for British workers, which would reduce low-pay employers’ preferences for foreign workers?

For European governments, Article 50 negotiations are narrow and technical. Once the UK is out of political Europe in the spring of 2019, then the talks on trade, customs union rules, and the dozens of agencies and funding from Europol to Erasmus to Horizon scientific programmes can begin. They will last years.

The EU celebrates the 70th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome in 2017. It will be 2027 before England’s relationship with the rest of Europe is settled. If then.

Very good article in the Independent questioning why Brexit.

Carol55
18-12-2016, 21:19
While the idiots ridicule Great Britain and its people, let's all stand back and look at our achievements and resolve, it doesn't take any intelligence to ridicule people or a nation, but it it takes a person of substance to see what we are capable of....I posted this in the knowledge that only a idiot would disagree or make a sarcastic reply!

Alvy
18-12-2016, 21:34
While the idiots ridicule Great Britain and its people, let's all stand back and look at our achievements and resolve, it doesent take any intelligence to ridicule people or a nation, but it it takes a person of substance to see what we are capable of....I posted this in the knowledge that only a idiot would disagree or make a sarcastic reply!

Reported for name calling, illiteracy (doesent)
Reported again for flaming

Last edited by Carol55; Today at 20:57. Reason: Spelling mistake of 'doesn't.' Possibly pointed out by the expected idiot. :-)

Carol55
19-12-2016, 00:29
Reported for name calling, illiteracy (doesent)
Reported again for flaming

Good News & Predictability

The Idiot Replied!!

:crylaughing: ::crylaughing:::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaugh ing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Alvy
19-12-2016, 01:08
Chav, got to learn to stop drunk-posting!
No?

Good News & Predictability

The Idiot Replied!!

:crylaughing: ::crylaughing:::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaugh ing::crylaughing::crylaughing:
Bored reporting...

Peanuts
19-12-2016, 09:21
Good news EU has now decided our Brexit plan.

We do not need to listen to the clueless Tories "Brexit means Brexit" and "No running commentary" anymore.

On the same day that it has been reported that Ivan Rogers, our man in Brussels, told Theresa May that it will take a decade to negotiate the final terms of exit, the EU27 have given us the first signs of what they see as the path to that deal: withdrawal, transition and exit.

"Withdrawal" will cover the process of leaving and the final bill for programmes already agreed and partially paid for during the terms of Britain's membership. Or, as much of the British press is calling the "divorce bill". It's a better analogy to see it as leaving a dinner with friends midway through but leaving some money for your starter and drinks.

But that the Telegraph's splash is "EU hands Britain £50bn Brexit bill" attests to the PM's domestic problem. It is next-to-impossible that a Brexit deal won't involve Britain paying not just for the food already eaten, but continuing to stump up for some of the rest of the gang to keep eating, but many of May's biggest cheerleaders in the press and her parliamentary party are opposed to it.

Then there's transition. That's the deal favoured by Philip Hammond and much of business. Here, domestic politics and the domestic demands of the EU27 are, for May, happily joined. No-one in the European Union wants a transition that lasts forever, and that the deal will have a number of "sunset clauses" according to the plan approved last night, will make it an easier sell to those Brexiteers who fear that the transition will take forever.

It will be EU WTO terms, good luck Leavers.

glassman
19-12-2016, 19:34

We do not need to listen to the clueless Tories "Brexit means Brexit" and "No running commentary" anymore.

On the same day that it has been reported that Ivan Rogers, our man in Brussels, told Theresa May that it will take a decade to negotiate the final terms of exit, the EU27 have given us the first signs of what they see as the path to that deal: withdrawal, transition and exit.

"Withdrawal" will cover the process of leaving and the final bill for programmes already agreed and partially paid for during the terms of Britain's membership. Or, as much of the British press is calling the "divorce bill". It's a better analogy to see it as leaving a dinner with friends midway through but leaving some money for your starter and drinks.

But that the Telegraph's splash is "EU hands Britain £50bn Brexit bill" attests to the PM's domestic problem. It is next-to-impossible that a Brexit deal won't involve Britain paying not just for the food already eaten, but continuing to stump up for some of the rest of the gang to keep eating, but many of May's biggest cheerleaders in the press and her parliamentary party are opposed to it.

Then there's transition. That's the deal favoured by Philip Hammond and much of business. Here, domestic politics and the domestic demands of the EU27 are, for May, happily joined. No-one in the European Union wants a transition that lasts forever, and that the deal will have a number of "sunset clauses" according to the plan approved last night, will make it an easier sell to those Brexiteers who fear that the transition will take forever.

Garbage Garbage Garbage:::::::::

Good news for Leavers. ABC of what is going wrong.

The gap between the continent and England has never been wider. While every morning our press, most especially the two Andrews – Marr and Neil – and the Today programme, work themselves into a lather over Brexit, the rest of Europe shrugs its shoulder and says, “S’il vous plait, just get on with it.”

As Theresa May saw for herself in Brussels last week, the EU 27 are now in Zen mode. The hopes of some in London that different EU capitals could be divided one from the other have proved fruitless. The talk of “punishing Britain” is empty waffle. Talks with chief negotiators from the European Commission and Council and ministers in EU capitals produce a common line. They see Brexit as lose-lose but they respect the decision.

There is no aggression, no desire for a row, but equally no sense that the rest of Europe has to follow Britain down the road of hostility to other European citizens or to tear up the common rule book.

Spain has 1.1 million Romanians living there, not to mention the 800,000 British, France has 650,000 Portuguese and Germany 2 million Poles. But the kind of anti-Polish hate language or Nigel Farage saying he would not want a Romanian family to move in nextdoor is virtually unknown in Europe.

Germany has eight frontiers with EU countries, plus one with Switzerland, and 380,000 European workers cross German frontiers every day to add value to the German economy. The idea of a return of entry and work visas, or controlling every lorry or van or car crossing a frontier to trade goods or do business, seems to any German politician to be just slightly potty.

If the Britons want to pull out of the customs union and revert to having to fill in hundreds of millions of custom forms for any good or service sold to the world’s biggest market, which will include hiring thousands of new customs officers on the public payroll, that is Britain’s problem but not one for sensible continental European businesses to get involved in.

Ministers’ jaws drop in EU capitals when they hear of appeals from Theresa May or David Davis for a quickie agreement on the status of British ex-pats on the continent or EU citizens here. May can easily – and should – make a Government announcement on the status of EU citizens in the UK once we are out of the EU, but the right of all EU citizens to live and work everywhere is part of EU Treaty law. The idea of opening up negotiations to write a new treaty law in a few weeks just because of Brexit xenophobia makes no sense anywhere in Europe.

No EU capital likes the European Court of Justice, which is more of a giant commercial court and administrative tribunal despite its grandiose title. The UK has won more cases than it has lost at the ECJ. But a rulebook needs an arbiter, and so the rest of Europe remains puzzled at the fact that Britain, the nation that invented “playing by the rules” and accepting the umpire’s decision, now can no longer bear to do so.

The non-Europhobe press here report announcements by the Japanese and other banks that they will relocate key parts of their activities to have full single market access which ends the day the UK starts to discriminate against EU citizens in terms of travel, work and residence rights. Meanwhile, the rest of Europe knows at best it will get a small segment of City business but overall it is New York that will benefit as global finance leaves London and hence Europe.

Europe is puzzled by personal attacks on Michel Barnier by Andrew Tyrie, the normally level-headed chair of the Commons Finance Select Committee, or the insistence of Labour bigwigs on echoing the Ukip call for “managed migration”. Why, they wonder, doesn’t our Government instead work out how to reorganise the UK’s labour market to support jobs, training and fair pay for British workers, which would reduce low-pay employers’ preferences for foreign workers?

For European governments, Article 50 negotiations are narrow and technical. Once the UK is out of political Europe in the spring of 2019, then the talks on trade, customs union rules, and the dozens of agencies and funding from Europol to Erasmus to Horizon scientific programmes can begin. They will last years.

The EU celebrates the 70th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome in 2017. It will be 2027 before England’s relationship with the rest of Europe is settled. If then.

Very good article in the Independent questioning why Brexit.

Garbage Garbage Garbage!!!!!!!!!!

Ecky Thump
19-12-2016, 19:44
Very Good News & On Topic

From today's news.aluminium smelter has 'bright' future, new owners say.

The new owners of a unique aluminium smelter in the Highlands have announced plans to almost triple the workforce after securing its future.

The plant at Fort William in Lochaber - the last of its kind in the UK - was bought from Rio Tinto for £330m by a consortium comprising Liberty House.

The business also includes hydro-power plants at Fort William and Kinlochleven which will be run by SIMEC and provide power to the manufacturing facility.

The purchase safeguards 170 existing jobs and it is hoped that 600 more will be created through smelter production and engineering expansion.

Liberty, which will run the smelter facility, is best known in the UK for its growing steel interests having snapped up several facilities including the Dalzell plant in Motherwell from Tata.

Its chairman, Sanjeev Gupta, said: "We hope this day will come to be recognised as the start of a bright new future for Highland industry.

"It puts Lochaber right at the heart of our vision for sustainable and integrated local production that can revitalise British manufacturing."

The Scottish Government is supporting the investment by guaranteeing the smelter's power purchases from the hydro station at Fort William.

glassman
20-12-2016, 11:44

Garbage Garbage Garbage!!!!!

Peanuts
20-12-2016, 13:46
Good news. Next is Scexit!

The Scottish Government paper – Scotland's Place in Europe - says devolution must be revisited so powers over fishing and farming are repatriated from Brussels to Holyrood.

It also calls for devolution of other areas such as employment law, immigration and powers to strike international agreements in areas of Scottish Parliamentary responsibility.

We need another referendum for an "Independent Scotland" Who wants to listen to these people in Whitehall.

Angusjim
20-12-2016, 13:49

Glassman another well thought out post you clearly have a grasp of all the complex issues that Brexit brings :crylaughing::crylaughing:

glassman
20-12-2016, 14:22
Glassman another well thought out post you clearly have a grasp of all the complex issues that Brexit brings :crylaughing::crylaughing:

Everything these people say is utter garbage
And slowly but surely strangling the forum
I'm all for good argument but it's getting beyond a joke
If you want to sensibly to discuss brexit then I will listen
If not ,carry On

Angusjim
20-12-2016, 14:30
I personally don't care what garbage Peanut or Alve post, as I don't see their posts unless someone quotes them, as they are on my ignore list it, this is the 'Good News' thread and the only logical reason that I can think of for their posting here on this thread is a very twisted perversion in trying to cause upset on this forum and that would account for the lapse in other members from posting.

Blood pressure Eric:snore:

Ecky Thump
20-12-2016, 14:43
More Genuine Good News For The UK

A record number of investments were made by foreign firms in the UK in the year to April 2016, according to government figures.
The Department for International Trade recorded 2,213 inward investment projects, up 11% on the previous year.
The data shows the UK is the most popular destination in the European Union for overseas firms.
Commenting on the figures, International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said: "These impressive results show the UK continues to be the place to do business.
"We've broadened our reach with emerging markets across the world to cement our position as the number one destination in Europe for investment."
The report suggested that 116,000 jobs were created or safeguarded by overseas investment last year.
The US remains the biggest source of inward investment, accounting for 570 projects, followed by China with 156 and India with 140.

Peanuts
20-12-2016, 15:29
Good news. Mayhem states Parliament will not be allowed to vote on final deal.

Nomaytes states NO membership of single market.

Peanuts
20-12-2016, 15:42
More Genuine Good News For The UK

A record number of investments were made by foreign firms in the UK in the year to April 2016, according to government figures.
The Department for International Trade recorded 2,213 inward investment projects, up 11% on the previous year.
The data shows the UK is the most popular destination in the European Union for overseas firms.
Commenting on the figures, International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said: "These impressive results show the UK continues to be the place to do business.
"We've broadened our reach with emerging markets across the world to cement our position as the number one destination in Europe for investment."
The report suggested that 116,000 jobs were created or safeguarded by overseas investment last year.
The US remains the biggest source of inward investment, accounting for 570 projects, followed by China with 156 and India with 140.

No comment :crylaughing: Typical Leave voter. No clue what he is talking about. :bootyshake:

Mayhem just got caught out. She will not be able to meet her immigration target.

Another lie after the 350 million for the NHS. :dontknow:

Oh no she just lost it. 6 years in charge of migration figures and no luck...:sorry: :laugh:

What is going on, after Brexit she will still not meet her target. What is Brexit about.

Nomaytes has no contingency plan if Article 50 does not lead to a deal. Another big mistake waiting to happen by the Tories.

Ecky Thump
20-12-2016, 15:59

-----------------__________ --------------

I personally don't care what garbage Peanut or Alve post, as I don't see their posts unless someone quotes them, as they are on my ignore list it, this is the 'Good News' thread and the only logical reason that I can think of for their posting here on this thread is a very twisted perversion in trying to cause upset on this forum and that would account for the lapse in other members from posting.

Peanuts
20-12-2016, 16:05

The lapse in posting is happening because there is less of the game threads. You might have to review your statistics as your dates :lol: the Brexit threads are the fastest growing. It is nice to go on the forum without having to look at the same old every day.

On another note, I thought you put me on the ignore list. Therefore stop posting your insults over and over and over...

Ecky Thump
20-12-2016, 16:08
Now this is good news and comes highly recommended!!

Peanuts
20-12-2016, 16:13
Mayhem does not want to answer if Parliament will be informed during the negotiations. Basically another 2 years of Breaxit means bugger all.

Mayhem now states, deal in 2 years and implementation period thereafter.

Again all negotiations will be completed within the 2 years. What a laugh... Remember this in 2.5 years. :twak:

Now this is good news and comes highly recommended!!

What is this about, you are not reading my posts but still respond to them... Painting yourself in a corner again.

Ecky Thump
20-12-2016, 16:53

Well Eddie the Good News continues, today on CaxtonFX you would have got €1.17 to the £

Peanuts
20-12-2016, 18:19
Good new May will only last until May.

After an initial phase of post-referendum arrogance and euphoria, it has become increasingly obvious that May’s government completely misread the likely EU response to a British exit from the bloc. It now seems likely that the UK will continue to stagger from failure to failure at an accelerating pace.

May’s dilemma stems from the fact that the “Leave” coalition, while sharing certain conservative values, comprises two incompatible factions: mostly middle-class, affluent pensioners who want to leave the EU because they think it is too bureaucratic and protectionist; and mostly working-class voters who want to leave because they favor more protectionism.

Clearly, there is no form of Brexit – or post-Brexit Britain – that will satisfy both groups. This explains May’s desperation to push Brexit through as quickly as possible. She wants to get out before voters realize that the Leave campaign sold them a false bill of goods, including the promise that they could keep all of the benefits of EU membership, particularly full access to the European single market, without having to allow free movement of labor.

Moreover, although May was in the “Remain” camp during the referendum campaign, she realizes that, as Prime Minister, she will be held responsible for any failures in the Brexit negotiations. She also knows that she cannot possibly succeed politically, because the media will always spotlight “defeats,” while hardly noticing “wins.” That gives her every reason not to define her goals, and then to declare whatever deal she secures a “victory.”

Paradoxically, while the Conservative Party leadership has decided to represent the incoherent Leave coalition, no one is speaking for the 48% of voters who sided with Remain, except for the Liberal-Democratic Party, which has minimal influence in Parliament. This is even more surprising when one considers two deep structural factors that will cut short Leave’s continued political dominance in the medium term.

For starters, a significant cohort of Leave voters tends to be “politically disengaged.” Leave won by a margin of 1.2 million votes, one million of which were cast by people who did not vote in the 2015 general election that furnished David Cameron and the Conservatives with undivided power. These disengaged voters will likely not participate in future elections, though they might mobilize for a second EU referendum, if one were to be held.

Second, the Leave camp has an age problem: my own rough estimate suggests that, every year, Leave-voter deaths will exceed those of Remain voters by 150,000, while new Remain voters entering the electorate will surpass those of Leave by 150,000 (after adjusting for differential turnout between young and old). This generational dynamic alone will tip the balance in Remain’s favor by about 300,000 voters each year, and it will eliminate Leave’s majority by 2020.

Shortly after the referendum, I asked a former senior Tory official why no respectable politicians wanted to represent Remain voters. “No one in Britain (either Remain or Leave) really cares about the EU,” he replied. But while that may have been true in July, it is not true now, as indicated by both sides’ passionate response to the result itself, and then again to the recent Supreme Court decision affirming Parliament’s role in triggering Article 50. Equally telling were the last two parliamentary by-election results: pro-Remain liberals overturned a 23,000-vote Conservative majority in Richmond Park, London, while the UK Independence Party – which favors a “hard” Brexit – made gains in Sleaford and North Hykeham, in the east of England.

As Lord Ashcroft’s fascinating exit poll following the Brexit referendum shows, Leave and Remain voters’ attitudes differ on almost everything, from the death penalty to environmental conservation. And anyone reading the two sides’ increasingly heated online interactions can see that they heartily despise each other.

There is now a profound divide – what British politicians call “deep blue water” – between Remain’s growing constituency and Leave’s diminishing one. This will be the defining split in British politics for at least a generation. And yet the vast majority of practicing politicians are on the declining side of this divide, where the supply of leaders far exceeds demand for them.

The UK is approaching a fundamental political realignment, for which the current government is totally unprepared. It will come – probably quite suddenly – as soon as enough people recognize that May has, through little fault of her own, inevitably failed to “get the best deal for Britain.” As the economist Herbert Stein famously observed, “If something cannot go on forever, it will stop.” So May’s government might last until May, but not much longer. Newsweek

And now your today's quiz> Which side are Eddie and Ecky on.. Contact Carol for your prize, you can not loose...

glassman
20-12-2016, 18:36
No comment :crylaughing: Typical Leave voter. No clue what he is talking about. :bootyshake:

Mayhem just got caught out. She will not be able to meet her immigration target.

Another lie after the 350 million for the NHS. :dontknow:

Oh no she just lost it. 6 years in charge of migration figures and no luck...:sorry: :laugh:

What is going on, after Brexit she will still not meet her target. What is Brexit about.

Nomaytes has no contingency plan if Article 50 does not lead to a deal. Another big mistake waiting to happen by the Tories.
I told you all what it is G.....e

Peanuts
20-12-2016, 18:37
Good news. Mayhem answered all her own questions, but not the ones asked. :stupid:

‘So… was that a yes or a no?’ A number of MPs on the Liaison Committee asked the Prime Minister that question during her evidence question today. They weren’t doing it to make a point: Theresa May spent most of the hour and a half stubbornly answering a set of questions that she had clearly decided in advance with lines also decided in advance, regardless of whether those questions were very close at all to the ones being asked in the Committee room.

She was most opaque on the question of whether Parliament will get a vote on Brexit, circling around the issue by listing the opportunities for MPs to discuss Brexit. None of these involved a vote, but as the Prime Minister mentioned the debates, statements and votes on the Great Repeal Bill that were being provided, she did so with a tone of frustration as though she couldn’t quite believe that Parliament was annoyed it wasn’t being given a vote when she was giving it lots of other things instead. The smart bet, of course, would be that Parliament won’t get a vote – why else would the Prime Minister dodge the question three times?

It wasn’t just on the vote that the Prime Minister tried to be as oblique as possible. During a rather terse exchange with Yvette Cooper over the net migration target, May managed both to say that she remained committed to the target and also to avoid giving a figure for how low she wanted to drive migration. It was almost as if she was trying to avoid providing any quote herself which could be used against her if she too failed to meet the ‘tens of thousands’ that David Cameron’s government had promised – and missed – while also trying to avoid a story about her explicitly dropping the target, to which she was very personally committed when Home Secretary.

We were promised that we would get more details on the Prime Minister’s vision for Brexit in the New Year. But based on today’s performance, the speech that May says she will give early in the new political term will only answer the questions she has asked herself, not the ones the heads of select committees were trying to ask today.

So what happens if a snap general election is called in the new year and The Conservatives win with a greater majority?

Too late now, she should have had the election 3 months ago. Now she can be happy if she keeps her small majority. Wait long enough and she will loose. That will be 2020

:pray:

Angusjim
21-12-2016, 07:56
Christmas will soon be over now thats good news:c2::c2:

Ecky Thump
21-12-2016, 12:13
Christmas will soon be over now thats good news:c2::c2:

And more good news, I've had confirmation that my index linked pension will be paid into my bank in advance of Christmas. :lol:

A bit of bad news, Carol saw the letter and has gone off to Glasgow with our Daughter in Law...Pension Spent. !!:(

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 09:51
So what happens if a snap general election is called in the new year and The Conservatives win with a greater majority?

Good news, the Leave camp has an age problem: my own rough estimate suggests that, every year, Leave-voter deaths will exceed those of Remain voters by 150,000, while new Remain voters entering the electorate will surpass those of Leave by 150,000 (after adjusting for differential turnout between young and old). This generational dynamic alone will tip the balance in Remain’s favor by about 300,000 voters each year, and it will eliminate Leave’s majority by 2020.

Some issues sort themselves out.

Alvy
22-12-2016, 10:55

The good tool, the Samaritan forum saviour left .... the usual unintelligible again ?

Your dominatrix can read my and everyone's elses post, she does read and post responses to when drunk, but you are left out and not clever, not at all clever, even when sauber :facepalm:

glassman
22-12-2016, 11:25
The good tool, the Samaritan forum saviour left .... the usual unintelligible again ?

Your dominatrix can read my and everyone's elses post, she does read and post responses to when drunk, but you are left out and not clever, not at all clever, even when sauber :facepalm:
I find these ramblings very offensive so why I ask are these people allowed to Carry on
I think I'm almost coming to the end of the forum now as have a lot of the old names
We'll see how it goes !!

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 11:36
I find these ramblings very offensive so why I ask are these people allowed to Carry on
I think I'm almost coming to the end of the forum now as have a lot of the old names
We'll see how it goes !!

Carol Carol55 has already this morning made her response to this and other posts this morning by @Alvey Peanuts and another's offensive posts.

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 11:37
BREXIT is now a religious cult based on wishful thinking and strange predictions, Theresa May has confirmed.

The prime minister has outlined her plans for fully-fledged cult promising incredible rewards for believers at an unspecified point in the future.

She said: “We will form small, inward-looking communities where anyone who criticises Brexit will be subjected to weeks of brainwashing or human sacrifice.

“I am the one true prophet of Brexit, which means everything I say is a fact, such as ‘Liam Fox is good at whatever it is he is supposed to be doing’.

“I call it ‘going the full David Koresh’.”

Leave voter Roy Hobbs said: “Unbelievers will regret it when they’re being tortured forever in Remoaner Hell, which I’m really looking forward to.”

He added: “I know everything will be wonderful because Theresa saw it in a dream and told me all about it. There’s no Bulgarians and I’m getting a luxury caravan.” NewsThump

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 11:39
Heinz baked beans can now be found at most good Tenerife supermarkets.

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 11:48
Good news, Brexit means an airplane without a destination, wings and pilot who does not know how to land. :goodluck:

Even better "The Brexit Secretary has taken the Prime Minister to an EU court and won, in a victory for anti-surveillance campaigners." :laugh:

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 11:50
More good new for the motorists.

Several garages in Ayrshire this morning have reduced the price of diesel.:c2:

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 11:55
Better be prepared

Theresa May: We’re drawing up plans for no Brexit deal
UK prime minister says she is looking at ‘all the options,’ including if no deal can be struck.

Why mess about, invoke Article 50, cancel negotiations and let us get on with it. :twak:

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 12:02
During the expected cold weather in the UK, for those of you that have wood burners installed in your home, you will that many garden centres are selling logs at a very competitive price. :cold:

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 12:13
THE cherished British right for government spies to have full access to our emails has been snatched away by the despotic European Court.

A ruling on a case brought by heroic Brexiter and despicable traitor David Davis MP has banned patriots from joyfully and involuntarily sharing their texts and emails with UK surveillance.

Tom Booker of Doncaster said: “You see? You see what they’ve done now?

“A sovereign right that the British people have always held dear, one that was in the Magna Carta itself, taken from us by unelected Brussels tyrants.

“The British government – and by extension, the Queen – has always read all my emails. They read my father’s emails, his father’s emails and my great-grandfather’s letters were steamed open by spies because he believed in this country.

“But no more, because the EU thinks I’ve got something to hide.”

A government spokesman said: “Britons can rest assured that the security services will continue to read all their emails, share their nude pictures and laugh at their pathetic sexting, even if they break the law doing so.

“Because that’s what serving your country means.”

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 12:20
Amazon still have in stock and available for delivery to Tenerife the DVD.....'Olympus Has Fallen, at only £3:99

Plus sadly a delivery charge.:-(

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 12:31
A MAN has spent several hundred pounds on weird food that he would never consider buying during the rest of the year.

Martin Bishop, 36, was handed a shopping list by his wife as he left for the supermarket, to return an hour later utterly perplexed and significantly poorer for the experience.

Bishop said: “What the **** is a turkey crown? Which aisle is a jar of pickled walnuts on? Is cassis a drink or a type of cleaning product?

“It was like being in the Aztec Zone of the Crystal Maze, except instead of looking for a crystal I was looking for a pack of six individual Beef Wellington tartlets.

“I was practically bleeding from the eyeballs out of sheer frustration by the time I managed to lay my hands on the Heston frigging Blumenthal banana and bacon trifle.

“When I got it back my wife silently searched through the bags and then just said ‘Where’s the brusselmole?’”

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 12:35
Good new for UK Christmas shoppers.

Supermarkets today have stated that over the Christmas period that there will be no shortage of fresh produce in stores.

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 12:50
November 2016 Italian trade balance flash (non-EU) 3.97bn vs 3.85bn prior

Watch the GBP drop

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 12:55
'Groupon Getaways', have today released some fantastic holiday offers for both abroad and the U.K.

It's certainly worth subscribing to their news letters for further offers.:)

Alvy
22-12-2016, 12:58
We'll see how it goes !!

I found Ecky's rambling pitiful and him being dominated by his alcohol induced Carol even more destructive in every discussion.
That's all ;)

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 13:08
Richard Drax, MP for South Dorset, yesterday asked Prime Minister, Theresa May to confirm the meaning of, "Brexit means Brexit".

Speaking after the Prime Minister's statement on her recent visit to the EU Council in Brussels, at which EU member countries discussed the migration crisis, European security, Syria and Brexit, Drax said: "I congratulate my right hon. Friend on her thoughtful statement. Does she agree that "Brexit means Brexit" means that we leave the EU and all the EU regulations? Does she agree that that is the certainty that this country is looking for?"

The Prime Minister replied: "...it does indeed. On the EU regulations, it is important that, at the point at which we leave the EU, EU regulations are brought into UK domestic law. It will then, of course, be open to this Parliament to decide which of those regulations it wishes to continue with and which it wishes to change."

"It is important that we all know what Brexit means," says Drax. "To me it means moving outside all EU legislation, even if we have to fall back on WTO rules.

"There is nothing to fear outside the EU; indeed I believe Europe will move closer to us, not the other way round, as our negotiations get under way and the EU continues to implode politically, economically and financially.

"This is a great opportunity for our country to once again stand on her own two feet, while at the same time trading and working with our European allies and friends. Together we can do great things, but only if each country respects the other's history, language, borders, economy, currency, and democracy."

Angusjim
22-12-2016, 14:08
GREAT news I off on holiday 12th January for week down side wife is coming along:laugh:

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 16:22
Good news, the Brexit party in over, UK consumers gloomy about looming inflation and Brexit talks

Tesla is increasing the price of its cars by another 5% in the UK after the Brexit vote.

Angusjim
22-12-2016, 16:27
Marmalade has dropped in price in Morrisons after the Brexit vote

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 16:37
GREAT news I off on holiday 12th January for week down side wife is coming along:laugh:

Good News

It is interesting to see that the 'Rainfall' forcast figures for January 2017 has been made to show a dramatic drop! :D

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 16:56
On a very serious note. One of the reasons the EU was founded. Stop racism!

Police said incidents of racial or religious abuse in England and Wales increased 41 percent in the month after the vote.

There were 3,886 such hate crime recorded in July 2015, rising to 5,468 in July of this year, according to the Home Office.

“I think it has turned ugly,” said Donskoy “I feel extremely sad about it because for me the UK was a really tolerant place to be, it’s made me feel very self conscious.

“I was on the Tube last week and I’m re-reading some French classics and I thought ‘Do I pull my book out of my bag or do I not? What’s going to happen if I do?’ I never used to feel so self-conscious.

“We know there’s stuff happening in the playground too where children are passing on their own parents’ hostility and xenophobia.

“You don’t hear it on the news, but people’s houses are being attacked too, that’s something I know from Bristol.”

The London-based midwife has lived most of her life in England but never thought it would be necessary to get a British passport.

“I was genuinely devastated ,” Anabel told Euronews. “I was on a night shift and went on my break at 4.30am and saw the news and burst out crying. I’d been anxious about it for weeks before because I thought it would turn out the way it did, but hoped it wouldn’t. I still believe it was a vote about xenophobia, racism and intolerance.”

Anabel, 28, says England feels like home but if the country “doesn’t want me” she’s reluctant to pay more than £1,200 for a British nationality.

“I have never felt my mixed race immigrant status as I do now, Brexit has opened my eyes to how people feel and it’s alarming.

[B]“What has been interesting is how people have said to me: ‘But we don’t mean your kind of immigrant’. What the hell does that mean?

“I now feel fear and uncertainty and me not being white puts a bigger bullseye than before for xenophobic and racist remarks.

“I’m devastated and feel very uncertain about the future mainly because the people who created this mess have no clue what to do.

Angusjim
22-12-2016, 17:12
Good news looks like Andy Jackson might make Brechin's game on Saturday he has been badly missed last couple of games

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 17:12
Nina Hofmann, Mother-of-two Nina, who is married to a British man, says she could have to move back to Germany because of a ‘little publicised rule’ has ruined her chances of getting a residency card, a key step on the road to full citizenship.

The freelance language teacher, based in Huddersfield, took time out of work to bring up her children, now aged eight and six.

During this period she did not take out private healthcare insurance, a key requirement of getting a residency card.

She says the rule was not publicised and she now fears she would not be eligible for a residency card until after Brexit goes through.

Nina, 36, told Euronews: “I’m now in a situation where I have a British husband, dual-national children and obviously everyone is saying common sense will prevail but I do know the immigration laws when it comes to families. I’m not holding much hope.

“The worst case scenario is that I’ll be denied residency and have to leave the country that is my home.

“I’m preparing myself for it and we would be able to make a home in Germany in the end but I moved here because I spoke the language and I found it easier to find a job here and my husband already had a house and job and he doesn’t speak in German.

“We could make a home elsewhere, but despite everything that’s happened, I still like the UK, it would be a blow. I find it very upsetting. When I go home and look at my house and I think ‘Is this really my home?‘”

Angusjim
22-12-2016, 17:17
Good news EU are to relook at the rules on how bent a banana can be they are saying now not so bent as a British MEP

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 17:26
Good news EU are to relook at the rules on how bent a banana can be they are saying now not so bent as a British MEP

A classic post.

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Peanuts
22-12-2016, 17:27
Brexit negotiations are like a game of poker: Two players with hidden cards and secret strategies. A better comparison may be blackjack, where the house (EU) controls the action and one wrong decision can result in a bust for the gambler.

Ecky Thump
22-12-2016, 18:53
Good News

Strong legal action is being taken against the many puppy dog breeders and Illegal money making 'Puppy Farms' from both the uk and Eastern Europe.

glassman
22-12-2016, 21:37
Good News
I'm coming over in a week for 3 weeks
Any personal criticisms come and see me ������
Hope the weather picks up