PDA

View Full Version : Imminent Forum closure threat.

Ecky Thump
03-11-2016, 11:23
After a moderator made the following statement and then proceeded to close the thread, which left no room for discussion.

"I am the only (VOLUNTEER) moderator now, I am no longer prepared to work for what appears to be 5 or 6 people (you know who you are) who are content to merely post on inane "game" threads. So unless those 5 or 6 people desist in posting just rubbish and decide to contribute with information and/or advice for other members then this Forum will cease to exist."

What future is there for this forum, would it not be easy to simply close down the 'Games' if that's what the moderator wants and see what the result is, rather than make a direct attack on 5 or six members, who in my opinion have over the past years contributed on various threads. :dontknow:

Ecky Thump
03-11-2016, 12:20
Well if this forum does close,at least i will not have to read "Peanuts" and "Willakawill" ramblings anymore!!!!

Going by previous posts by the owner of the Tenerife Forum, it is evidently for sale, so maybe it's closure whether the games are played or not will in the near future happen and the 5 or 6 members who the moderator has said must stop playing games and make informative posts will be blamed for its closure,,,,a very sad threat made by the moderator.

Peanuts
03-11-2016, 15:25
Ecky Thump, why don't you and the other 5 people volunteer? That way everybody else will leave and then it does not matter when the forum shuts down. All you do is play games and insult people anyway.

Ecky Thump
03-11-2016, 16:06
Ecky Thump, why don't you and the other 5 people volunteer? That way everybody else will leave and then it does not matter when the forum shuts down. All you do is play games and insult people anyway.

You really are a sad lonely and repulsive little man.

Peanuts
03-11-2016, 16:59
You really are a sad lonely and repulsive little man.

Is that a Yes or NO to volunteer. Back to your old ways, can't stand the truth.:crying2:

Carol55
03-11-2016, 17:46
Well if this forum does close,at least i will not have to read "Peanuts" and "Willakawill" ramblings anymore!!!!

:agree:

Maybe we should all simply use the ignore facility, but just like yourself and a few other members, do sometimes for some inexplicable reason read Peanuts meaningless and sometimes bitter ramblings.

It would be very sad to see the the forum collapse because of one or two peoples personal dislike of the games/fun section.

Addick
03-11-2016, 17:54
Pretty sure the 'inane' game threads would've been in situ when the volunteer mod took on the job so can't really complain if that is pretty much all that remains to 'babysit'.

Maybe they should be asking themselves why the rest of the forum is so quiet and if they can do something to change that.

Seems an odd thing to lose it over given there can't be much to mod on a thread entitled 'Six Same Letter Alphabetical Sentence'!

Lethargic Leaders Loathe Laughs: Lucidity Lost.

macdonald5
03-11-2016, 19:37
Will miss the few good 'forum friends ' made and the harmless fun of the games but definitely NOT the inane recent ramblings of two posters and their cut & paste information
When any information was asked and I had any useful input I would give ....flight info, restaurants etc
But if ' whoever' has decided to close do be it....won't lose any sleep over !!
Many other means of communication

melm
03-11-2016, 19:47

There he goes again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,insults and more insults. And we wonder why nobody uses the forum.

macdonald5
03-11-2016, 19:49
There he goes again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,insults and more insults. And we wonder why nobody uses the forum.

Snake in the grass comes to mind !
And would Peanuts please show me where I insulted anybody !!

lynno52
03-11-2016, 19:51
As one of the regular posters on the 'inane games threads' - I would like to say how disappointed I am in reading the original post made by the moderator. Please don't hold those who post on there to ransom - close the Games threads as already suggested?
I suspect that we are being made scapegoats in an already decided plan?
I too contribute to enquiries etc. when I have something useful/knowledgeable to add.

melm
03-11-2016, 20:06
As one of the regular posters on the 'inane games threads' - I would like to say how disappointed I am in reading the original post made by the moderator. Please don't hold those who post on there to ransom - close the Games threads as already suggested?
I suspect that we are being made scapegoats in an already decided plan?
I too contribute to enquiries etc. when I have something useful/knowledgeable to add.

And of course it has nothing to do with the Brexit thread that has caused such a lot of harm to this forum. These trolls must think they have landed in Utopia. For weeks now they have written such drivel and insulted anyone who dared to disagree.
This seems totally acceptable to Mr Moderator who blames a few harmless "gamers". Que sera sera

delderek
03-11-2016, 20:55
The forum
As some of you may have noticed the Forum was "down" for some 36 hours plus in the past week. Work has obviously been done to renew it but as I am the only (VOLUNTEER) moderator now, I am no longer prepared to work for what appears to be 5 or 6 people (you know who you are) who are content to merely post on inane "game" threads. So unless those 5 or 6 people desist in posting just rubbish and decide to contribute with information and/or advice for other members then this Forum will cease to exist.

This has just appeared as a separate thread. Now, insulting members is perhaps not the best way to keep members posting. Myself along with several other die hard's keep persevering in the hope that one day it will lighten up again and be the resource it once was for anyone with an interest in the Island.

tfs1
03-11-2016, 20:57
The forum
As some of you may have noticed the Forum was "down" for some 36 hours plus in the past week. Work has obviously been done to renew it but as I am the only (VOLUNTEER) moderator now, I am no longer prepared to work for what appears to be 5 or 6 people (you know who you are) who are content to merely post on inane "game" threads. So unless those 5 or 6 people desist in posting just rubbish and decide to contribute with information and/or advice for other members then this Forum will cease to exist.

This has just appeared as a separate thread. Now, insulting members is perhaps not the best way to keep members posting. Myself along with several other die hard's keep persevering in the hope that one day it will lighten up again and be the resource it once was for anyone with an interest in the Island.

well said - the sentiment of many of us I'm sure.

lynno52
03-11-2016, 21:08

delderek - the post was there this morning prior to Ecky's 1st post -but immediately locked. It then 're-appeared' , ? 'bumped' - presumably because it may have gone onto page 2 and not be seen?........:whistle:

tub
03-11-2016, 21:12
its the two mad men going on about brexit that is ruining this forum but for some reason the moderator does not want to do anything about it then let it be on those threes shoulders the ending of what used to be a very good forum not game threads by the way i never take part in any game threads

Ecky Thump
03-11-2016, 21:32
delderek - the post was there this morning prior to Ecky's 1st post -but immediately locked. It then 're-appeared' , ? 'bumped' - presumably because it may have gone onto page 2 and not be seen?........:whistle:

Correct, thank you.

If the thread titled 'The Forum' started by Moderator had been left as a open thread then this one would not be in existence, but it appeared to be that he wanted to make it as a announcement that allowed absolutely no discussion, and that announcement was.....that unless 5 or 6 particular members continued to post purely in the threads that they chose to, then the forum would cease to exist.

Peanuts
03-11-2016, 21:40
Face it, nobody likes you lot. Move on and we can have the forum back and rebuild it to what it was years ago. A busy place without you lot jumping at everybody who has a different opinion and does not like your stupid games. Have you not noticed only you thank yourselves all the time...

melm
03-11-2016, 21:47
Face it, nobody likes you lot. Move on and we can have the forum back and rebuild it to what it was years ago. A busy place without you lot jumping at everybody's who has a different opinion and does not like your stupid games. Have you not noticed only you thank yourselves all the time...

Gimme one good reason why we should thank you.

delderek
03-11-2016, 22:18
Can't even think of a bad reason to thank him,Let alone a good one.

macdonald5
03-11-2016, 22:32
Face it, nobody likes you lot. Move on and we can have the forum back and rebuild it to what it was years ago. A busy place without you lot jumping at everybody who has a different opinion and does not like your stupid games. Have you not noticed only you thank yourselves all the time...

And who the hell are 'you' ?? 179 posts ...hardly mind boggling
Move on.....why don't YOU !!

Carol55
03-11-2016, 22:43
Face it, Move on and we can have the forum back and rebuild it to what it was years ago, does not like your stupid games. Have you not noticed only you thank yourselves all the time...

And who the hell are 'you' ?? 179 posts ...hardly mind boggling
Move on.....why don't YOU !!

I do believe that the 'copy & paste' below is one of Peanuts playing the stupid games, it appears that he played them.. :lol:

Tenerifian
Thanks
Thanked 90 Times in 50 PostsMentioned
3 Post(s)
Tagged
0 Thread(s)
Re: Five-letter sentence
Quote Originally Posted by Skeggy View Post
Brian enjoyed a simple treat.
Swipe

Should we investigate people's enjoyment

Party

Peanuts
03-11-2016, 22:59
...and off you all go again. This is the reason why we do not have more traffic. 5 people patting each other on the back thinking they are really funny and know it all.
I left the forum for a long time, as I did not like the nasty comments and ganging up on people by the same gang, yes you....and I might leave again. That will get you lot going, but then that is who and what you are.

melm
03-11-2016, 23:03
...and off you all go again. This is the reason why we do not have more traffic. 5 people patting each other on the back thinking they are really funny and know it all.
I left the forum for a long time, as I did not like the nasty comments and ganging up on people by the same gang, yes you....and I might leave again. That will get you lot going, but then that is who and what you are.

Promises, promises. Goodbye

Ecky Thump
03-11-2016, 23:14

Peanuts This thread has really nothing to do with disliking you/ganging up on you or anyone else, it's more about people having a free choice to choose what threads they post on without the threat of causing the forum to collapse....the Tenerife Forum is not about one person!

Alvy
04-11-2016, 00:10
escalated rather quickly.... ;)

Andrzej
04-11-2016, 01:27
Hallo! Mike (from Chayofa) was my partner for 7 years, he dies 2 years ago and was a moderator of this forum and loved it. I am totally hurt about what is happening here now....You lot should be ashamed!