PDA

View Full Version : Other Monarch - winter 2017 schedule

bennoa1
02-12-2016, 21:47
Monarch announced Winter 2017 flights so just booked next Xmas's break. Good prices but only limited seats at the cheaper prices already.

Ecky Thump
08-12-2016, 23:32
Monarch announced today that they are going to abolish the surcharge for credit card bookings, I wonder if other airlines will follow suit.

tfs1
09-12-2016, 10:40
Monarch announced today that they are going to abolish the surcharge for credit card bookings, I wonder if other airlines will follow suit.

I see Virgin Atlantic are also removing these fees. As we know if airlines lose money through this they will recoup it in other ways, having said that lets hope it proves to be a benefit to us passangers and wait for other airlines to follow suit.

DaveK
28-01-2017, 14:19
2018 flights are now online.
£193 return from Manchester with 'Essentials' (includes 23kg luggage, seat allocation, check in online) February-March.
Don't feel inclined to book this far ahead but some of the deals show, 'only 2 seats left on this flight'. BS or What?

bennoa1
28-01-2017, 14:25
Think its 2 seats at that price after which the price increases. Price seems OK as long as the flight times are good. Much prefer Monarch to Ryanair.

tfs1
28-01-2017, 15:30
Think its 2 seats at that price after which the price increases. Price seems OK as long as the flight times are good. Much prefer Monarch to Ryanair.

We have been enticed by Monarch into booking flights as soon as they become available and then to see the price then go to confirm what we did was the correct thing to do but then when we are not looking and after a a few months the prices have then come down !

We paid £200 for 2 seats and prebooked normal seats for last weeks flight to Tenerife, only to see a couple of months before we came over they went down by more than 50%.

Same reductions for our flights back to the UK in April ! - not a happy bunny. Paid €310, today €148.

We are waiting until the summer to book our October flight but gave in and booked the December rtn as it was a bargain ! Luckily we can choose dates when we can come over making it a little easier and cheaper.

I prefer Monarch for the 4hr flight but was impressed by the new interior and slim seats of the Ryanair 737-800 on a recent uk-spain flight

bennoa1
28-01-2017, 21:51
We have been enticed by Monarch into booking flights as soon as they become available and then to see the price then go to confirm what we did was the correct thing to do but then when we are not looking and after a a few months the prices have then come down !

We paid £200 for 2 seats and prebooked normal seats for last weeks flight to Tenerife, only to see a couple of months before we came over they went down by more than 50%.

Same reductions for our flights back to the UK in April ! - not a happy bunny. Paid €310, today €148.

We are waiting until the summer to book our October flight but gave in and booked the December rtn as it was a bargain ! Luckily we can choose dates when we can come over making it a little easier and cheaper.

I prefer Monarch for the 4hr flight but was impressed by the new interior and slim seats of the Ryanair 737-800 on a recent uk-spain flight

May be if seats aren't selling but always a gamble. Its the clientele who use Ryanair that I have issues with - Monarch seem to attract a better class of passenger who don't mid waiting their turn.

Ecky Thump
28-01-2017, 22:01
it's the clientele who use Ryanair that I have issues with - Monarch seem to attract a better class of passenger.

That's a bit judgemental. ???

I must apologise for my not coming up to your high standards!! :mad:

bennoa1
28-01-2017, 22:18
Not really, just my view - and not all of them but some. I mostly travel Ryanair due to the cost but much prefer Monarch. If there's only a few quid in it then I'll go Monarch but due to the changes in flight times Ryanair are in the main better for us. Same as cars I guess - we don't all like the same.

Ecky Thump
28-01-2017, 22:28
May be if seats aren't selling but always a gamble. Its the clientele who use Ryanair that I have issues with - Monarch seem to attract a better class of passenger.

That's a bit judgemental. ???

I must apologise for my not coming up to your high standards!! :mad:

Not really, just my view - and not all of them but some. Same as cars I guess - we don't all like the same.

Maybe it's the way that I interpreted your post, but it certainly reeked of....... https://youtu.be/U8Kum8OUTuk
:laugh:

Angusjim
29-01-2017, 09:18
May be if seats aren't selling but always a gamble. Its the clientele who use Ryanair that I have issues with - Monarch seem to attract a better class of passenger who don't mid waiting their turn.

ah fur coat and nae knickers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VxkltwS9g0

macdonald5
29-01-2017, 10:13

Glad I dinnae go Ryanair.....bit drafty round the bottie !! ����
Ps Morarch don't fly from Scotland ....maybe we're too up market for them ??

Ecky Thump
29-01-2017, 11:40

Glad I dinnae go Ryanair.....bit drafty round the bottie !! ����
Ps Morarch don't fly from Scotland ....maybe we're too up market for them ??

These are typical Ryanair customers.....in fact they are my good buddies and I always try to book a seat next to them.

https://youtu.be/24mks9w1Q1w

DaveK
01-02-2017, 22:17
Monarch flights are now showing winter 2018. I need Mid February to mid March, two passengers. Essentials Pack- seat allocation, 23kg luggage, advance online check in: £376.40.
Easy Jet, 2018 not yet scheduled-only to the end of December 2017.
Ryanair...wait for it, Leisure Plus (same as Essentials pack on Monarch= £847.96. £471.56 more than Monarch.
Basic, ie:no advance online check in, no baggage, no seat allocation, reduces to £627.96.
They 'avin a larff or what.
Tempted to book with Monarch now. They were in financial difficulties last year-had to get a big bail out. If it happens again maybe they'll fold.
Never mind I have good insurance.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Bit the bullet and just booked the Monarch. 4 weeks mid Feb to mid March 2018. £199.20 each. Essentials-as they call it. Only downer is it's back
on the 8pm singing special (that's when they're not yelling at each other). Always interesting watching the ciggy smugglers squirm at 1.0am when
they didn't expect to see a line of Customs outside baggage reclaim.

bennoa1
01-02-2017, 23:23
They've dropped the surcharge for credit card bookings now I think? If you pay by Paypal you don't get the ATOL protection so booking direct on your c/c seems the obvious way to go now. Hopefully other airlines go the same way.

macdonald5
01-02-2017, 23:45
They've dropped the surcharge for credit card bookings now I think? If you pay by Paypal you don't get the ATOL protection so booking direct on your c/c seems the obvious way to go now. Hopefully other airlines go the same way.

Think Jet2 has also dropped Credit card charges but at their prices so they should !!

Ecky Thump
02-02-2017, 10:59

I see Virgin Atlantic are also removing these fees. As we know if airlines lose money through this they will recoup it in other ways, having said that lets hope it proves to be a benefit to us passangers and wait for other airlines to follow suit.

Think Jet2 has also dropped Credit card charges but at their prices so they should !!

Let's hope that all the other airlines follow suit and drop the credit card surcharge, we have always used a credit card payment for our flights and it was our saviour when Air Scotland finished trading in 2006 and then Globespan collapsed in 2009, as we received our full refund within one week on both occasions.

I'm beginning to think I'm a jinx with these airlines going to the wall.....a warning to all, I've two flights booked with Ryanair! :D

Angusjim
02-02-2017, 11:16
Remove the credit card cost and just out up the cost of tickets by even more :whistle:

tizzywizzy
02-02-2017, 15:44
Let's hope that all the other airlines follow suit and drop the credit card surcharge, we have always used a credit card payment for our flights and it was our saviour when Air Scotland finished trading in 2006 and then Globespan collapsed in 2009, as we received our full refund within one week on both occasions.

I'm beginning to think I'm a jinx with these airlines going to the wall.....a warning to all, I've two flights booked with Ryanair! :D
They had better not go down lol

Ecky Thump
03-02-2017, 08:59
They had better not go down lol
tizzywizzy if I cancel my flights with Ryanair yours then will be safe and I can then rebook with Norwegian Air, who will then be under threat of closure and fly from Edinburgh, then there will be a lot of moaning and groaning from macdonald5 and Angusjim . eek2:

macdonald5
03-02-2017, 09:07
tizzywizzy if I cancel my flights with Ryanair yours then will be safe and I can then rebook with Norwegian Air, who will then be under threat of closure and fly from Edinburgh, then there will be a lot of moaning and groaning from macdonald5 and Angusjim . eek2:

Just you stay put Ecky Thump !! We like Norwegian Air prices and great flights and Edinburgh handier
Had enough when Globespan went under a couple of days before we were due to fly ..Uncle Micky came to rescue then

Ecky Thump
03-02-2017, 09:13
Just you stay put Ecky Thump !! We like Norwegian Air prices and great flights and Edinburgh handier
Had enough when Globespan went under a couple of days before we were due to fly ..Uncle Micky came to rescue then

Did you get your money back from the Globespan liquidators or your credit card company, we got ours returned within a few days from the credit card company.

It was lucky that I put on the booking Carol's name as the lead passenger, as I had booked using her credit card, or we would have not received any money back from them....it's something that people should be aware of, if you want the cover from your credit card company, then the 'Lead Passenger', must be the same name as the credit card holder, or you have no safeguard.

My Daughter in Law never received a penny of her owed wages from Globespan, but the cheeky blighters wanted her to return her uniform!, the old uniforms are now collectors items and being sold on eBay. :D

macdonald5
03-02-2017, 10:48
Yes Ecky I got all money back quite quickly from Credit card, think it was a Tesco one at the time
Just as well as I had 10 flights booked at the time (approx £3000) for by our own I book for a friend who doesn't use internet
Don't know if the lead name rule applies to all cards though ,in our case the flights Id booked for our friends would have a different lead name from mine !?
Hope your Din Law gets good price for uniform then !
It was a lesson learned though as now I always pay by Credit card if I'm not taking the item purchased with me