PDA

View Full Version : Employment Experienced hospitality couple looking for employment

Alexmetcalfe97
07-12-2016, 16:17
Hello my girlfriend and I are moving out to Tenerife in a week and are looking for work, we are both experienced in hospitality and currently work in a busy cocktail bar by stansted airport London

Thank you for your time and any help will be appreciated

Kindest regards Alex Metcalfe

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 16:33
Hello my girlfriend and I are moving out to Tenerife in a week and are looking for work, we are both experienced in hospitality and currently work in a busy cocktail bar by stansted airport London

Thank you for your time and any help will be appreciated

Kindest regards Alex Metcalfe

One of the first requisites would be able for you to speak Spanish and also many of the jobs that become available will offer you no stability as many bars and restaurants offer no contracts with jobs.
It might be a matter of walking from bar to bar and asking what's available. Expect the wages on offer to be low.:-(

Sorry to be doom and gloom, but for many jobseekers in Tenerife that's the reality of it.

Alexmetcalfe97
07-12-2016, 17:17
One of the first requisites would be able for you to speak Spanish and also many of the jobs that become available will offer you no stability as many bars and restaurants offer no contracts with jobs.
It might be a matter of walking from bar to bar and asking what's available. Expect the wages on offer to be low.:-(

Sorry to be doom and gloom, but for many jobseekers in Tenerife that's the reality of it.

Yeah I understand it may be a case of going from bar to bar, that's what I expected but it would be good to have somthing sorted prior to moving out!

Ecky Thump
07-12-2016, 17:26
Yeah I understand it may be a case of going from bar to bar, that's what I expected but it would be good to have somthing sorted prior to moving out!

I'm almost positive that there is little chance of getting employment in advance of moving to Tenerife, unless it is a job with special skills that aren't available with folk who are already residents and most of them will be snapped up by the Spanish people as unemployment is high.
Hopefully a forum member who lives locally will come up with some suggestions, but good luck and let us know how it goes.��

Ecky Thump
21-12-2016, 19:00
How did you get on in your search for work?