PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Solar panels for house in Tenerife ?

poker
26-12-2016, 11:27
Finally after living 10 years here I bought a house and am thinking how to start reforming it .
It is not in a complex and I have a flat roof .....

Want to make it as green as possible , but what about the laws and taxes here of installing solar ( electric and water heating direct via sunlight ) .
I remember in Gran canaria they have nearly on every house a solar water-heater and in Tenerife not . Why ? difference in taxes ?
I am not interested in giving elec. to the grid also

Does anyone have already some kind of solar heating or solar electric panels and can you give advice ?

Thanks for the help :) .

Peanuts
26-12-2016, 11:54
We have a hot water panel and only use our electric tank 7-10 days a year. It will not work when it is cloudy. We went for 1 panel and a 200 liter tank. On sunny days that is fine, more hot water then needed. 1 panel and a smaller tank would possibly get you further, but then you run one bath and the hot water is gone for the day.

Consider, amount of people in the house and their habits, from that decide on the size of your tank.

Total cost for tank, installation and changes to plumbing around Euro 1500. Savings are 40-50 Euros a month on your electricity bill.

Electric panels are just not there yet. Once batteries get cheaper and better, it might be an idea to go down that route. Problem is that batteries. i.e car batteries only last around 2 years on Tenerife and that can become a very expensive hobby. Cost of panels are coming down by the years but you will produce too much, hence feeding the grid and then taking it back at night and during cloudy days.

Angusjim
26-12-2016, 12:06
Finally after living 10 years here I bought a house and am thinking how to start reforming it .

Want to make it as green as possible , but what about the laws and taxes here of installing solar ( electric and water heating direct via sunlight ) .
I remember in Gran canaria they have nearly on every house a solar water-heater and in Tenerife not . Why ? difference in taxes ?

Does anyone have already some kind of solar heating or solar electric panels and can you give advice ?

Have a read thru this http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/articles/2015/10/spain-approves-sun-tax-discriminates-against-solar-pv.html about PV although from over a year ago it does specificall mention The Canary Island have to say of the content regarding PV in Spain beggers belief.

Peanuts
26-12-2016, 12:48
Have a read thru this http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/articles/2015/10/spain-approves-sun-tax-discriminates-against-solar-pv.html about PV although from over a year ago it does specificall mention The Canary Island have to say of the content regarding PV in Spain beggers belief.

The above means you will not have to pay any taxes. Endesa does not even provide 10kWh to normal households. It is the typical scaremongering of some forum users.

Angusjim
26-12-2016, 13:56
The above means you will not have to pay any taxes. Endesa does not even provide 10kWh to normal households. It is the typical scaremongering of some forum users.
Do you have to try and ruin every threadrolleyes2:

Peanuts
26-12-2016, 14:08

Please explain to me the purpose of your response and link?

Ecky Thump
26-12-2016, 14:10

Jim, it's what lonely people with no friends do....it's their only lifeline in their sad boring and pathetic lives. So sad a existence!

Peanuts
26-12-2016, 14:15
Jim, it's what lonely people with no friends do....it's their only lifeline in their sad boring and pathetic lives. So sad a existence!

You wanted a discussion, never happened and now you start your insults again. Some things never change. You just ruining other peoples threads with wrong and meaningless information.

The house of my neighbour is yellow. Who cares?

Ecky Thump
26-12-2016, 14:27

Jim, given the many years that you have been directly involved in the energy buisness, both as a installer and user in Scotland and in warmer climates, then I would think that you have a lot of useful information that you can share with those of us who are interested in the subject.

Peanuts
26-12-2016, 17:19
Eric, please, why donīt you just let Jim reply to my question. It has nothing to do with you.

Ecky Thump
26-12-2016, 17:48

Jim, given the many years that you have been directly involved in the energy buisness, both as a installer and user in Scotland and in warmer climates, then I would think that you have a lot of useful information that you can share with those of us who are interested in the subject.

Eric, please, why donīt you just let Jim reply to my question. It has nothing to do with you.

You really are the most egotistical, arrogant self opinionated person who appears to get their enjoyment from inviting other members to humiliate and generally abuse you by your inviting us to reply to your manic posts that this forum has ever had as a member...now Peanut, that is not a insult, it's factual and I would be very surprised if the vast majority of this forum didn't agree with that fact!!

Peanuts
26-12-2016, 17:54
Why do you have to destroy other peoples threads with your rants. You are a bully. Join Carol and take some time out. Happy New Year.
I tried a discussion, to no avail. I tried to be nice, I even ignore you, but you can not let go. Leave it.

Ecky Thump
26-12-2016, 17:58
Why do you have to destroy other peoples threads for your rants. You are a bully. Join Carol and take some time out. Happy New Year.
I tried a discussion, to no avail. I tried to be nice, I even ignore you, but you can not let go. Leave it.

You tried to be NICE !!! Now that must be the most outrageous lie of 2016. :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Just take a few moments of reflection on your posts where you have tried to take over and ruin threads by your insistent posting with your vile posts and off topic ones. A obvious example of this is the 'Good News' thread

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Poker, please accept my oppologies on the way that this thread has been taken off topic.:sorry:

Liftman
27-12-2016, 00:08
Having read the article, it would seem that Angusjim makes sense, as opposed to the Spanish government's attitude to PV.

Can you explain how Endesa doesn't supply 10KWh to a domestic premises? I use that in about two days. Or do you mean that it can't offer a potential of 10KW (no h) ie a 40 amp supply.

helena246
27-12-2016, 04:39
You really are the most egotistical, arrogant self opinionated person who appears to get their enjoyment from inviting other members to humiliate and generally abuse you by your inviting us to reply to your manic posts that this forum has ever had as a member...now Peanut, that is not a insult, it's factual and I would be very surprised if the vast majority of this forum didn't agree with that fact!!

sorry going off thread, but I have to say that forum member " peanut " is the reason I and most older members just do not want to post on the Tenerife forum.

Peanuts
27-12-2016, 09:06
Liftman, looked at my contract, yes it is 5.750 kW and not kWh. Thanks.

sorry going off thread, but I have to say that forum member " peanut " is the reason I and most older members just do not want to post on the Tenerife forum.

helena246, please read my response on the Happy Christmas thread, as Pokers thread does not need all this. Hope you apologize to him, as you could have easily started a new thread.

cheery
27-12-2016, 11:36
I remember reading that link or one very similar and thinking that it was ridiculous in this day and age people were penalised for using fewer resources. As the article states, paying a fee, or at least a reduced reward, to return power to the national grid and therefore using their system is understandable, but to charge someone who is totally off grid is counterproductive. I'm sure the EU would have something to say about a less than friendly approach to a Green solution. Or perhaps not.

Liftman
27-12-2016, 12:47
Liftman, looked at my contract, yes it is 5.750 kW and not kWh. Thanks

I'm amazed that they can only offer what is a 23amp supply. Is that a "choice" of the customer, or a set limit for everyone?

Peanuts
27-12-2016, 14:07
I think for a private household there is a set limit. Stops people having factories and machines in their houses or feeding the neighbourhood and saving on standing charges.
That is all I know, but then I think Endesa is using their position in their favour.

Liftman
27-12-2016, 16:26
I think for a private household there is a set limit. Stops people having factories and machines in their houses or feeding the neighbourhood and saving on standing charges.
That is all I know, but then I think Endesa is using their position in their favour.

You mean a government monopoly abusing their position? Well I never did!

23-25 amps is a really low potential to offer.

Get the oven, washing machine, air con, water heater, iron TV lights and a few other bits, and you will be tripping your incoming!

Ecky Thump
27-12-2016, 17:26
You mean a government monopoly abusing their position? Well I never did!

23-25 amps is a really low potential to offer.

Get the oven, washing machine, air con, water heater, iron TV lights and a few other bits, and you will be tripping your incoming!

What would people who have heated swimming pools or hot tubs have to do, can they apply for a updated supply????

Liftman
27-12-2016, 17:35
Must be able to get more than 25amps. Surely. 40Amps plus would be about right.

Peanuts
27-12-2016, 20:02
That is why in some bars, as soon the put the fryer on the fuse goes. You can have higher Amps but you have to apply for it. As soon as a building has a lift it is not enough, but with normal houses that is it.

Liftman
27-12-2016, 20:43
That is why in some bars, as soon the put the fryer on the fuse goes. You can have higher Amps but you have to apply for it. As soon as a building has a lift it is not enough, but with normal houses that is it.

Shouldn't think it is. Any half decent lift (single phase) would kick off at around 65amps then run on at 35-40. Needs a 80 amp fuse.
Most fryers would be 2.5 - 4 Kw. That takes up half your potential right there.

Ecky Thump
28-12-2016, 20:21
Shouldn't think it is. Any half decent lift (single phase) would kick off at around 65amps then run on at 35-40. Needs a 80 amp fuse.
Most fryers would be 2.5 - 4 Kw. That takes up half your potential right there.

We had a double fryer 7kw load, it had to be hard wired, it made made great chicken and chips, plus the odd deep fried Mars Bar! :D

Marvin Moore
29-12-2016, 06:09
Hi Peanuts,

Thanks for your advice.