PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Looking for a Gestor.. Arona/Adeje

TFK
27-12-2016, 18:35
Hi
I am looking for a recommendation of a good gestor in the arona/adeje area.
Thanks in advanced

Peanuts
27-12-2016, 19:54
TFK, please tell us what you want to do, just a tax return, open a business or buy a house. Like all over the world accuntants here specialize.

TFK
28-12-2016, 08:14
TFK, please tell us what you want to do, just a tax return, open a business or buy a house. Like all over the world accuntants here specialize.

Hi peanuts
Sorry it would be for opening a retail shop.

Angusjim
28-12-2016, 10:43
I cannot suggest a Gestor but you may wish to have a look here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/ you may find some helpful info on various subjects to help you, she seems to be very highly thought of. She is a member of the forum Goldenmaniac. I hope you get the info you require from the Forum and good luck with your business venture let us know how you get on

Peanuts
28-12-2016, 15:28
To open a retail shop I would start with finding a Lawyer, Architect and Engineer. To review the cost and effort for the opening licence, even before you get a Gestor to apply for it. you need all the paperwork first. They will also help you finding a Gestor, as they work together with them all the time. Starting with a Gestor might be the wrong way round?

Marvin Moore
29-12-2016, 06:13
My Suggestion is to first consult with lawyers and then start your work.

TFK
30-12-2016, 08:39
Thanks for the advise everyone, I have been doing a bit more homework after reading your posts...
I have been told a good assessoria would be the best way to go (hopefully easy if anyone can reccomend), then to find a locale at a reasonable price on a long term contract (hard), set myself up autónomo and get import EORI no. (easy but costly commitment), then register the type of shop and floor plan with the local ayuntamiento. (ive been told the assessoria will be able to help with that and will cost a few 100). Then the fun part of setting up shop ;-)
Now, im sure there is a few more hoops i would have to jump through but do you guys think this sounds reasonable?
Thanks again

Peanuts
30-12-2016, 09:12
Yes, setting you up as a business person will only take a day or two for an assessoria and then everything is done online. Once you are registered you can apply for the EORI. Remember any cost you occur 3 or 6 months before you register can be offset in later tax returns.

But and it is a big but, the shop you want to rent is a bigger issue. If you commit long term you will need legal advice regarding a rolling contract, otherwise you will be paying for that unit for years and years, independent if you still run your shop. Second, one example on top of your rent you pay a retention, the landlords tax of currently about 19%.

But the biggest hurdle is to make your shop legal to get an opening licence, depending on the business that can cost up to 30.000 Euros.

Find a shop, review the cost and effort to get the opening licence, when you see an end and have a start date get registered.

There is a reason why you do not get many people recommending assessorias, many of my clients had bad experiences of bad advice, which cost them a lot of money.

TFK
30-12-2016, 14:10
Yes, setting you up as a business person will only take a day or two for an assessoria and then everything is done online. Once you are registered you can apply for the EORI. Remember any cost you occur 3 or 6 months before you register can be offset in later tax returns.

But and it is a big but, the shop you want to rent is a bigger issue. If you commit long term you will need legal advice regarding a rolling contract, otherwise you will be paying for that unit for years and years, independent if you still run your shop. Second, one example on top of your rent you pay a retention, the landlords tax of currently about 19%.

But the biggest hurdle is to make your shop legal to get an opening licence, depending on the business that can cost up to 30.000 Euros.

Find a shop, review the cost and effort to get the opening licence, when you see an end and have a start date get registered.

There is a reason why you do not get many people recommending assessorias, many of my clients had bad experiences of bad advice, which cost them a lot of money.

I was under the impresion if you have a short rental agreement the landlords here tend to increase rent above inflation ? Or is this ust a myth?

And 30k for a opening licence if that is the case I would just open another shop in the UK because I would never dump that kind of money on a licence!

All I want is a small retail unit 20-30m(sq) surly it would never cost anywhere near that?

I know about the bad advice I have read a fair amount of horror stories, so want to get clued up before a speak to a "professional"..... So I guess you are in the trade then?

Peanuts
30-12-2016, 14:32
Sorry no, not in the trade. When you apply for an opening licence you will need loads of paperwork signed off by the appropriate people. Health & Safety, disability access, wiring etc. Otherwise you will be shut down very quickly. You need an engineer and electrician who will issue a "bolletin" certificate for you to take to the town hall.

If you sign a shop contract, the increase on rent is as agreed, but often the contract states for example 1000 Euro plus taxes. These taxes are i.e. the land lord income tax of 19%. Just keep an open mind and ask somebody who has done it before.

A small unit should not be that amount of money, but once you have looked at some units and seen the work required you will be able to estimate your costs.