View Full Version : Calima

Mr s
30-12-2016, 13:11
Hi there we are in Tenerife at the moment,
Have been here since 17/12/16. The first 3
Days were ok, I have never known wether
Like this before, we are in Torres del sol
Las vistas area, the weather is warm with sunshine
But the wind is terrible, no let up for about 6 days.

To top it of they have just issued a weather warning of a
CAIMA is on the way for N/YS eve. We have not had mush sleep
As we are high up & have got the full force of the wind.

I am looking down on las vistas beach at this time & no one is on the
Beach, no one on sun beds, have never seen it like this all the yrs
We have been coming.

Just letting people know if they are about to fly out.

Well it looks like we are going to venture out if we don't get blown
Away.

I know it's still better than back there with fog & ice.

Angusjim
30-12-2016, 13:29
It does look at bit breezy on the webcam:paragliding::witch4: if I were you head for a bar and have a couple oh beers:cheers:

Ecky Thump
30-12-2016, 13:34
I just looked at the webcam and it certainly confirms the strong winds...not good.

Angusjim
30-12-2016, 13:35
I just looked at the webcam and it certainly confirms the strong winds...not good.

Come off it Ecky you are secretly happy that weather is not great:laugh::laugh:

Ecky Thump
30-12-2016, 13:45
Come off it Ecky you are secretly happy that weather is not great:laugh::laugh:

No, that's not true, it's only when you are there that I get Carol55 to do the rain dance! :D

AndyG
30-12-2016, 13:45
We had calima for a couple of days in Playa San Juan but it was still warm and not windy. Today it is sunny but the wind is horrendous! We have brought all of our patio plants indoors along with small wall-mounted ornaments. Alas, the ceramic clock did not make it but it didn't tell the time correctly anyway! The patio furniture is also mostly indoors, with the heavier items upended outside but looking secure. Hopefully it will only be for today!

imablue
30-12-2016, 14:19
The wind for the last 3/4 days has been very strong in and around Adeje Town and into Torviscas.
Today it is blowing a hoolie up here in Tijoco Bajo on the West coast.
The sea is a mass of white horses with no boats daring to leave port.l have never seen it as bad as it is today.
As for a Calima think we have had one for the last week or so it has been very hazy notably unable to see the coast of las Americas from up here and just about seeing the outline of Roque due Conde.

Mia
30-12-2016, 14:31
Callao Salvaje.

We live on the corner of a complex so our terrace is open to the wind.

We have lined the patio furniture up along a sheltered wall. We put plant pots which were in danger down on the floor against said sheltered wall.

The calima of the last few days has cleared but forecast says it may come back.

Good news is that the wind is WARM.

melm
30-12-2016, 19:08
Think we have had the best of the weather in Puerto ....... Fingers crossed. Lovely warm days with little wind

LindaD
31-12-2016, 00:09
At last I'm putting pen to paper- well you know what I mean!!!! Just back from Tenerife yesterday and the weather for the last week we were there is the worst we have experienced in December. We still enjoyed our holiday but the calima the last couple of days was pretty bad. We knew the sun was shining but was blotted out by the sand. Beaches empty, bars full :whistle: When we left yesterday morning at 8 am it looked like it was going to be a nice day but since heard it was very windy again. Still t shirt weather though, mind you the thermals have now been looked out since returning.

Hello AngusJim, nice to see you posting again :c2:

Angusjim
31-12-2016, 07:50
At last I'm putting pen to paper- well you know what I mean!!!! Just back from Tenerife yesterday and the weather for the last week we were there is the worst we have experienced in December. We still enjoyed our holiday but the calima the last couple of days was pretty bad. We knew the sun was shining but was blotted out by the sand. Beaches empty, bars full :whistle: When we left yesterday morning at 8 am it looked like it was going to be a nice day but since heard it was very windy again. Still t shirt weather though, mind you the thermals have now been looked out since returning.

Hello AngusJim, nice to see you posting again :c2:

And neen oh the bad weather wiz doon tae me its you and that melm that are the problem:lol::hello:

melm
31-12-2016, 11:26
Its another beauty here in Puerto. who says its always cloudy:duh: