PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cost of Self Catering Los Cristianos

Abbywales1
06-01-2017, 21:14
Hya my elderly parents are arriving next week for a week's holiday at the Paloma Apartments Los Cristianos and was wondering what the cost of living is please as my parents do not like to go out far , they seem to think that they can go food shopping like here ! I believe there is a restuarant at the Paloma Apartments and a Supermarket next door? Any extra information would be very grateful .

Ecky Thump
06-01-2017, 21:28
Hya my elderly parents are arriving next week for a week's holiday at the Paloma Apartments Los Cristianos and was wondering what the cost of living is please as my parents do not like to go out far , they seem to think that they can go food shopping like here ! I believe there is a restuarant at the Paloma Apartments and a Supermarket next door? Any extra information would be very grateful .

The supermarkets in Los Cristianos I think are great and offer all that they will need, their are also many other bakers and greengrocers etc., so they will have no problem getting food, plus there are many British products available and not to expensive.
One supermarket that I would recommend is the 'Dial Prix', at the Passarella Oasis Centre, also there is a large food hall above it.

C. Comercial Passarella Oasis - Shopping Centre - Arona - HERE
https://maps.here.com › arona › mall › c...
C. Comercial Passarella Oasis - read reviews, see photos, get directions and find out what's near C. Comercial Passarella Oasis, a Shopping ... Address: Avenida San Francisco, 38650 Los Cristianos Arona, Spain.

Abbywales1
06-01-2017, 21:42
The supermarkets in Los Cristianos I think are great and offer all that they will need, their are also many other bakers and greengrocers etc., so they will have no problem getting food, plus there are many British products available and not to expensive.
One supermarket that I would recommend is the 'Dial Prix', at the Passarella Oasis Centre, also there is a large food hall above it.

C. Comercial Passarella Oasis - Shopping Centre - Arona - HERE
https://maps.here.com › arona › mall › c...
C. Comercial Passarella Oasis - read reviews, see photos, get directions and find out what's near C. Comercial Passarella Oasis, a Shopping ... Address: Avenida San Francisco, 38650 Los Cristianos Arona, Spain.

Thank you for your reply , do you know if the Paloma Apartments are nice ?

Ecky Thump
06-01-2017, 21:46
Thank you for your reply , do you know if the Paloma Apartments are nice ?

The reports that I have read, all seem to give them a good rating and the area is very peaceful.

It may be worth reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Arona1
06-01-2017, 21:53
There is a hyper dino supermarket right next to the apts, and a range of bars and resturants on the front

Abbywales1
06-01-2017, 21:59
Thank you for your reply the trip advisor comments are concerning !! my parents should never have booked !!

Ecky Thump
06-01-2017, 22:04
Thank you for your reply the trip advisor comments are concerning !! my parents should never have booked !!

Don't go by the negative ones, most of these will be from professional moaners, the vast majority of folk have been happy with their holidays there.

Click on the link below.

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?25864-Paloma-Beach-apartments-Los-Cristianos-Tenerife

blondie
06-01-2017, 22:14
We have stayed in the Paloma Beach Apts and I have to say they were one of the nicest apts we have stayed in without doubt.
They are home from home and have good cooking facilities for those who want that . They are not like other apts where someone comes in everyday to make beds , clean etc as they are only in to change towels , but we rather liked that .
They will be spoiled for choice with restaurants around them and wont have to travel far from their apt . They are also very quiet and no noise from other apts .
I am sure they will enjoy them and have a lovely holiday .

delderek
06-01-2017, 22:16
Paloma beach apartments, have one of the best reputations in Los Cris. The position is also perfect, as they are close to the promenade and on the flat. Many restaurants are within a few minutes walk. They are also opposite an Iceland (Overseas imports) supermarket where 95% of products are English. Hyper Dino as mentioned is probably cheaper, but many products won't be familiar.

LindaD
06-01-2017, 23:21
Paloma beach apartments, have one of the best reputations in Los Cris. The position is also perfect, as they are close to the promenade and on the flat. Many restaurants are within a few minutes walk. They are also opposite an Iceland (Overseas imports) supermarket where 95% of products are English. Hyper Dino as mentioned is probably cheaper, but many products won't be familiar.

I agree with that comment Delderek regarding Iceland. If they like home from home they won't go far wrong with what Iceland have to offer as it's just the same as UK. I'm sure they'll have a great time.

Mia
07-01-2017, 14:14
Do not believe everything you read on Trip Advisor. Most of the postings are a load of rubbish!

Ecky Thump
07-01-2017, 16:04
Do not believe everything you read on Trip Advisor. Most of the postings are a load of rubbish!

To be honest there weren't that many negative reviews among the hundreds about the apartments on Trip Advisor and it was pointed out earlier in the thread that there are many 'professional moaners' about who get there kick in life about spreading unhappiness and general gloom, just as we have seen on this forum about 'Brexit'. :D

Abbywales1
07-01-2017, 19:07
I agree with that comment Delderek regarding Iceland. If they like home from home they won't go far wrong with what Iceland have to offer as it's just the same as UK. I'm sure they'll have a great time.

Thank you all for your responses puts my mind at ease . They usually go on holidays with friends or with us but we have run out of annual leave until April. my parents dont sleep very well and didn't want to book a hotel as they are up and down in the night and going self catering they thought it would be easier for them to have a cup of tea etc., and make their own breakfast when they want.

Ricman
07-01-2017, 20:03
Agree with all that has been said, apartments very good, area & supermarkets fine. Drink prices are very, very competitive & if you were daft enough to drink it Brains bitter was on sale when I was last up there.

You will probably have great difficulty prising your parents back especially with the 2 Welsh bars just outside the complex. We have a couple of friends here at the moment from Caerau Ely & I can see it being 2 Falls or a K/O to get the buggers back on Mr. Ryans aeroplane to Cardiff on Monday morning.

Hope they have a good time.

tfs1
07-01-2017, 21:29
I would not want to put a dampener on their holiday but would suggest that you remind them to be careful when out and about and

- not take out more money than they need.
- be very un british and if anyone stops them for anything to say 'sorry dont know' and walk on
- never let anyone touch them or put their arm around them etc etc.

Regretably this is the prime time of the year for pickpockets, they are quick, professional and will steal from anyone - even if you are disabled and in a wheelchair.

Angusjim
08-01-2017, 09:13
We stayed there a few years ago good well run complex if you parents have an issues I am sure staff there will sort things out Loaded used to post on here a lot but sadly no longer