PDA

View Full Version : Other What is Your Favourite Area to Holiday in Tenerife

Angusjim
08-01-2017, 10:03
People have varying tastes & reasons why and what they do on holiday, for me its really to laze around at a quiet complex in a nice apartment with a large terrace reading a book really doing nothing, broken up during the day with a few beers and a laugh at a local bar. At night a nice meal and some entertainment live band / comedian / tribute artist. Our favourite area is Costa Adeje around the Sunsetbay area it has everything we need within easy walking distance ( but getting suitable apartments not easy ). We have been going to Los Cristianos a bit recently ( easier to get suitable apartments ), we also like the relatively flat walking areas there, but we still prefer Costa Adeje and still visit there of an evening at least a couple of times during our week. What is you preference and why ?

martincrabb99
08-01-2017, 11:49
People have varying tastes & reasons why and what they do on holiday, for me its really to laze around at a quiet complex in a nice apartment with a large terrace reading a book really doing nothing, broken up during the day with a few beers and a laugh at a local bar. At night a nice meal and some entertainment live band / comedian / tribute artist. Our favourite area is Costa Adeje around the Sunsetbay area it has everything we need within easy walking distance ( but getting suitable apartments not easy ). We have been going to Los Cristianos a bit recently ( easier to get suitable apartments ), we also like the relatively flat walking areas there, but we still prefer Costa Adeje and still visit there of an evening at least a couple of times during our week. What is you preference and why ?

I enjoy the same but I am also enjoying learning how to play Golf and bowls, occasionally watching CD Tenerife in Sant Cruz and having a general look around, so for me Amarilla Golf and Golf del Sur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blondie
08-01-2017, 15:35
Our holiday is not much different from your own , we are very easy to please really . We know where and where not to stay in LA but
we love LC and walk there every day for lunch . My OH would have withdrawal symptoms if he did not walk the wall at the harbour.
It suits me as well as I cannot do hills now and the long flat walk with all the bars in between is a godsend.
Costa Adeje is a beautiful area now and much better looked after than LA but forme just too hilly as we like to go to Porto Colon as well.

Skeggy
08-01-2017, 20:57
Having visited Tenerife to walk and inspired to come again , over the years we have covered the Island on foot taking note of the areas that appealed, I decided that to reach some of these places it would be better to be close to the excellent bus service and therefore took an apartment in Santa Cruz which we enjoyed emmensely ,so much that we come a couple of times a year for us Santa Cruz has everything we require particularly the film music festival "Fimucite" a week of excellent concerts which is held in September, our flights, hotel and the first available concert tickets are booked.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

macdonald5
08-01-2017, 21:07
We started in Los Gigantes many moons ago, moved to Los Cristianos then San Eugenio / Porto Colon area
Almost guaranteed sunshine was top of our list, especially when both working
We like chilling out and have made many holiday/ poolside friends from many countries over years

LindaD
08-01-2017, 22:21
Haven't been too many areas in Tenerife apart from LC along to La Caleta. Enjoy the walk along (bus it back or vic versa)
I like the hustle and bustle of LC and PDLA but not necessarily always in amongst it all. It's good to be able to back off when we feel like it, but there's so much to see. Like blondie we like the harbour area in LC, we go and have a drink in the upstairs cafe there and watch the ferries come out and in.
We visited Playa Paraiso while we were there this time and not overly impressed with this part at all, just far too quiet - but as they say, each to their own. LC and PDLA can be as busy or as quiet as you want it to be.

Red
08-01-2017, 22:36
Los Cris is like another home for us. Yet I was brought as teenager to PDLA 2/3 times a year. Staying at Hotel Flamingo (doesn't exist now) then tueguesti apartments near sunset bay. Loved it down there all them years back. Sold the sunset bay apt in the 90's and bought in Los Cris. It has everything we need in LC and wouldn't ever look to sell and buy in another resort. That said, we still love that area of PDLA. Puerto de la Cruz is also somewhere we love. We always spend a couple of nights up there in Las Vegas hotel and take the kids to Loro Parque. Los Abrigos, Los Galetas also places we love to visit. Very special island....I love every inch of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chine
09-01-2017, 15:59
Golf Del Sur for us , i love everything about Tenerife and consider myself very lucky to have explored and experienced most of what the island offers . 36 years i have holidayed here staying in pretty much every area. Family holidays as a child in PDLA and LC were great fun but nowadays with my own children we adore the GDS community and have met some great people there, we still come down to PDLA and LC to borrow the beaches and have a spot of lunch now and again but we always love the relaxed laid back atmosphere of GDS , we even love the noise from the planes !!!!

lsmt971
12-01-2017, 14:33
We first started in Caleta but used to walk to Adeje most nights.

Since then we visit Adeje every year.

bennoa1
12-01-2017, 15:33
Apartment in Torviscas Alto so always stay there but we love walking and are often in LC and walk back (or at least to the lower part of the hill then get a taxi) or around Puerto Colon. We always have a car so get about a bit but started using the buses more so we can both have a tipple. Been to El Medano and Tajao on the bus as well as going into LC a lot. We used to go out at night a fair bit but now prefer to have a longer day out then chill out on the balcony at night, so either cook (we have a gas BBQ so its easy to whip something up) or have a late meal out and some cheese and biscuits/pizza/olives/crisps etc as a nibble later. We have a bed settee with 3 settings for the balcony which has transformed our staying in experience so put some music on and sit and watch the stars and the wild birds at night with a bottle or two of wine. We always try and do something different/go somewhere different every time we go. The walk back from LC is probably my favourite, as long as its not too windy.

Addick
12-01-2017, 21:42
It's always Playa de San Juan for us when we come to Tenerife. Not too far from the airport so we get a cab, and then Bono rides for visiting places (used to hire a car but haven't bothered for some years now).

Love sitting on the balcony people watching; whether it's the 'school train' of little kids early in the morning or the joggers and dog walkers, there's always something to look at and pass the time relaxing doing nothing. Alternatively we'll be on the beach or at the bar on the beach, again doing very little more than planning where to eat dinner.

Most holidays include trips to Los Gigantes, Playa de la Arena and El Puertito for a change of scenery and a dip in the sea. The only time we've been to LC was to get the ferry across to La Gomera (didn't feel like we had missed much in LC, but everyone has different ideas of a 'good' holiday).

jet2
16-01-2017, 19:30
I love el madronal. its close enough to the beach and bars and pretty much central for most things.