PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy

Peanuts
08-01-2017, 13:17
'Brexit, Taking back control'

Europhile former Conservative chancellor Ken Clarke told BBC One's Andrew Marr Show: "Theresa needs to address the more serious question, I think, of the muddle [Sir Ivan is] complaining about, see whether she agrees with him and decide whether she can improve the way in which she organises the government to get to a proper conclusion.

"To turn everything into personal abuse as soon as anybody seems to faintly disagree with out new zealot crusade to leave the continent of Europe is rather an unfortunate feature of our post-Brexit politics." :c2:

In my view Brexit is the wrong way to approach the problems in the UK. In the coming months I will try to comment and copy and paste views about Brexit on this thread. With the aim for another referendum, once the Brexit deal is on the table, to keep the UK in the EU.

If you disagree, please do not read any further.

Angusjim
08-01-2017, 13:29
'Brexit, Taking back control'

Europhile former Conservative chancellor Ken Clarke told BBC One's Andrew Marr Show: "Theresa needs to address the more serious question, I think, of the muddle [Sir Ivan is] complaining about, see whether she agrees with him and decide whether she can improve the way in which she organises the government to get to a proper conclusion.

"To turn everything into personal abuse as soon as anybody seems to faintly disagree with out new zealot crusade to leave the continent of Europe is rather an unfortunate feature of our post-Brexit politics." :c2:

In my view Brexit is the wrong way to approach the problems in the UK. In the coming months I will try to comment and copy and paste views about Brexit on this thread. With the aim for another referendum, once the Brexit deal is on the table, to keep the UK in the EU.

If you disagree, please do not read any further.

:c2::c2::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Peanuts
08-01-2017, 13:32
As a starter a good one today..

Theresa May ‘absolutely clear’ about being unclear

Theresa May has used her first TV interview of 2017 to insist in no uncertain terms that she is “absolutely clear” about saying sentences that lack any substance whatsoever.

Speaking on Sky News, Mrs May said: “Look, I want to be absolutely clear when I say my priority is to say things that in no way resemble an answer to the questions you’re asking.

“While it is important to say words like ‘Brexit’ or ‘NHS’ when I respond to you, it is essential that I do so in an entirely different context to the question you’ve asked.”

She also went on to say that she didn’t accept that things that are happening, are happening.

“I don’t accept that I’m sat here saying sentences that lack any meaning,” she said.

“What I am doing, quite clearly, is making it clear that my priority as Prime Minister is to clearly set out with clarity what my position is on the issues that are important to Britain.

“I don’t think I can be clearer than that.” Newsthump

martincrabb99
08-01-2017, 15:45
As a starter a good one today..

Theresa May ‘absolutely clear’ about being unclear

Theresa May has used her first TV interview of 2017 to insist in no uncertain terms that she is “absolutely clear” about saying sentences that lack any substance whatsoever.

Speaking on Sky News, Mrs May said: “Look, I want to be absolutely clear when I say my priority is to say things that in no way resemble an answer to the questions you’re asking.

“While it is important to say words like ‘Brexit’ or ‘NHS’ when I respond to you, it is essential that I do so in an entirely different context to the question you’ve asked.”

She also went on to say that she didn’t accept that things that are happening, are happening.

“I don’t accept that I’m sat here saying sentences that lack any meaning,” she said.

“What I am doing, quite clearly, is making it clear that my priority as Prime Minister is to clearly set out with clarity what my position is on the issues that are important to Britain.

“I don’t think I can be clearer than that.” Newsthump

Sounds like most politicians when it comes to answering questions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peanuts
08-01-2017, 17:54
Do not like the guy, but what he says makes sense:

Michael O'Leary hasn't shied away from criticism of Brexit, and has warned the impact on the airline industry could be substantial.

He said people were promised they could leave the EU and stay in the Single Market. "It's now absolutely clear that they were lied to by the exiters. That offer is not on the table and significant damage will be done to the UK economy as a result," he said.

The Ryanair boss is still hopeful the tide can be turned though, and that the referendum decision could be overturned altogether. "I don't have too much truck with these exiters saying, 'Oh, it's a sovereign vote and people have already voted out.' Rubbish," he said in an interview with the Sunday Times. "John Maynard Keynes was supposed to have said, 'When the facts change, I change my opinions.'"

CityAM

Ecky Thump
08-01-2017, 20:22
Not Happy News For Holiday Skiers in France.

Will this winter in France bring frosty mornings, snowflakes and ski weekends... or will it be another ridiculously mild one?
A German forecaster sparked excitement and a little nervousness by predicted that Europe will be hit by the coldest winter in a century this year.

But the reality is that if you're hoping to go ice skating on a frozen River Seine in Paris this winter then you can (probably) think again.

The first winter forecasts are out, and while they're pretty vague at best, the experts seem to agree that it won't be teeth-chatteringly cold all winter.

A forecaster with Météo France suggested the prediction by German counterpart Dominik Jung was a wind up.

You just can't trust these German Forcasters!:wink:

warbey
08-01-2017, 21:06

Plenty of snowflakes around though Ecky!!! :laugh::laugh::devil:

Ecky Thump
08-01-2017, 21:13

Plenty of snowflakes around though Ecky!!! :laugh::laugh::devil:

Maybe slightly 'Off Topic' as its a happy song, but we should all be happy in life and not always unhappy!;)

https://youtu.be/jsM3xIh-ftI

Peanuts
08-01-2017, 21:17
Thank you Eric you just proved a point, with these comments you and your missus just showed Tenerife what bullies you are. You can not let go, can you...

by the way this was the first post which he deleted...

Ecky Thump has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Not Happy - in the General Chat forum of Tenerife Forum.

Angusjim.....This means you, do not read this thread!:raspberry2:

How nasty can you be. :wave:

I always said he is a bully, but wait there is more to come, watch this space. These are Leavers voters, showing their true colours.

Hiding behind the will of the people

Ecky Thump
08-01-2017, 21:28
Thank you Eric you just proved a point, with these comments you and your missus just showed Tenerife what bullies you are. You can not let go, can you...

Sorry you have confused me here, I just thought that the thread title led from being unhappy and just maybe leading on to happiness, but if you want a thread dedicated to misery....so beit, but don't expect me to be engulfed by a total miserable outlook in life.

Now following from that, can you explain why you think I am bullying anyone and as Carol has not even posted on this thread, why did you feel the need to mention her, we are individuals???

martincrabb99
08-01-2017, 21:31
Do not like the guy, but what he says makes sense:

Michael O'Leary hasn't shied away from criticism of Brexit, and has warned the impact on the airline industry could be substantial.

He said people were promised they could leave the EU and stay in the Single Market. "It's now absolutely clear that they were lied to by the exiters. That offer is not on the table and significant damage will be done to the UK economy as a result," he said.

The Ryanair boss is still hopeful the tide can be turned though, and that the referendum decision could be overturned altogether. "I don't have too much truck with these exiters saying, 'Oh, it's a sovereign vote and people have already voted out.' Rubbish," he said in an interview with the Sunday Times. "John Maynard Keynes was supposed to have said, 'When the facts change, I change my opinions.'"

CityAM

There are a number of issues which may impact the UK and this of course is one of them and should be taken seriously. As relates to the vote to leave time will tell with what will occur relating to the legal issues involved and this will provide some indication as to how things develop in the future.

warbey
08-01-2017, 21:34

That is wot I am like with toothache Ecky.

It comes and goes but never for long!

Be Happy tho.....................

Peanuts
08-01-2017, 21:40
This is what or future trade partner has to say about Brexit.

Tim Barrow, Britain’s new permanent representative in Brussels, faces the daunting task of stopping what colleagues and critics suspect is a tumble towards a disorderly exit from the EU.

Where once the choice was between hard and soft Brexit, the new worry in diplomatic and business circles is that the UK is heading for “train crash” Brexit, a scenario in which incompatible negotiating demands from Downing Street and the other 27 member states result in Britain walking away without a deal on either the terms of separation or future trading relations with the EU.

That was the concern of Barrow’s predecessor, former British Permanent Representative to the EU Ivan Rogers, who wrote to the 120 staff at the UK’s imposing office block at 10 Avenue d’Auderghem to warn them of “muddled thinking” back in London.

“Contrary to the beliefs of some, free trade does not just happen,” concluded one of the most stinging resignation letters in British Foreign Office history.
Aside from a groaning intray, Barrow inherits a demoralized and depleted team. He has just lost his deputy, Shan Morgan, who is due to start a new job in Wales, and gained a new turf war in Whitehall, where the top civil servant at the department for exiting the EU opposed his appointment and demanded to be in charge of talks instead.
“The structure of the UK’s negotiating team, and the allocation of roles and responsibilities to support that team, needs rapid resolution,” Rogers said in his farewell letter.
Officials at the other No. 10, in Downing Street, rushed to counter their outgoing ambassador’s claim that the government did not have a proper plan. A speech by Theresa May at the end of January will make clear, they said, that the top priority was ending the free movement of people and that, if Britain could not remain a member of the single market as a result, then so be it.

After receiving instructions and rebuilding his team, Barrow’s next priority is convincing the other 27 governments that Britain is still serious about negotiation. Previous intransigence over wanting both free-market access and an end to free movement have left many in Brussels thinking London misunderstood its basic membership principles.
:raspberry2:

However, even though the UK appears ready to concede the need for reduced market access and possibly ongoing budget payments, the new ambassador also needs to convince his counterparts of the need to negotiate any new trade deal at the same time as the talks on the terms of separation — or, at the very least, agree a transition phase.

With EU demands for a divorce settlement of tens of billions of euros looming large, the Brits risk having to agree to pay this budget contribution before they are even allowed to move to the next step.
Only then could Barrow get to the crunch issue for his political bosses, which is the negotiation of new trade terms.

Rogers had warned that talks on a replacement free-trade agreement could drag on for up to a decade. The swift appointment of Barrow, a Foreign and Commonwealth Office veteran and former ambassador to Moscow, was intended to reassure civil service mandarins worried that the government no longer wanted to hear bad news — a signal, it was claimed, that it was at least trying to strike a deal in Brussels.
The reaction from those in favor of a more hardline approach has only underlined the suspicion in Whitehall that many politicians secretly relish the possibility of walking away with no agreement.

:crylaughing: More to come.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2017/01/09/2003662763

Ecky Thump
08-01-2017, 21:45

That is wot I am like with toothache Ecky.

It comes and goes but never for long!

Be Happy tho.....................

That's the one thing that can cause me to be 'Unhappy', a visit to the dentist, I'm not sure if it's the fear of pain, or the bill at the end of the treatment.:lol:

warbey
08-01-2017, 21:48
:wink2:
That's the one thing that can cause me to be 'Unhappy', a visit to the dentist, I'm not sure if it's the fear of pain, or the bill at the end of the treatment.:lol:

So remainers are preferable..? Until they hurt too much.?:confused::confused:

helena246
09-01-2017, 00:07

by the way this was the first post which he deleted...

Ecky Thump has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Not Happy - in the General Chat forum of Tenerife Forum.

Angusjim.....This means you, do not read this thread!:raspberry2:

How nasty can you be. :wave:

I always said he is a bully, but wait there is more to come, watch this space. These are Leavers voters, showing their true colours.

Hiding behind the will of the people

bring out the violins, there is only one bully on here and it is of the nut type.

martincrabb99
09-01-2017, 09:02
I am slightly confused there are issues which some may wish to discuss as a result of the referendum and which may have an impact relating to members who live in Tenerife or holiday in Tenerife. I would rather discuss these issues separately to the apparent personal disagreements which are occurring and to which I do not want to get involved in. Is it more prudent to participate on another thread. Perhaps the moderators on this forum could advise me accordingly as I would like to participate but not be part of the obvious dispute between some of the members of the TF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecky Thump
09-01-2017, 11:52
I am slightly confused there are issues which some may wish to discuss as a result of the referendum and which may have an impact relating to members who live in Tenerife or holiday in Tenerife. I would rather discuss these issues separately to the apparent personal disagreements which are occurring and to which I do not want to get involved in. Is it more prudent to participate on another thread. Perhaps the moderators on this forum could advise me accordingly as I would like to participate but not be part of the obvious dispute between some of the members of the TF

The most obvious thread to post on would surly be the one named appropriately, which would be the one including the word 'Brexit' as indeed Martin you have already contributed to it, it's name is the 'Brexit Platform' and its title leads to discussion, not only a feeling of general unhappiness, with its name being easily found on the Tenerife Forum search facility.
This one is far to reminiscent of a past thread with almost the same title which was bought about after a forum member (who has not participated on this thread and has already been attacked on it) felt that they had been slandered and has only yesterday been closed by a Moderator at the request of many forum members.

martincrabb99
09-01-2017, 11:58
The most obvious thread to post on would surly be the one named appropriately, which would be the one including the word 'Brexit' as indeed Martin you have already contributed to it, it's name is the 'Brexit Platform' and its title leads to discussion, not only a feeling of general unhappiness, with its name being easily found on the Tenerife Forum search facility.
This one is far to reminiscent of a past thread with almost the same title which was bought about after a forum member (who has not participated on this thread and has already been attacked on it) felt that they had been slandered and has only yesterday been closed by a Moderator at the request of many forum members.

Ok I will post on the Brexit post this will prevent duplicity. I will not make any personal comments though as I find it counter productive to debate.

Peanuts
09-01-2017, 15:40
Ok I will post on the Brexit post this will prevent duplicity. I will not make any personal comments though as I find it counter productive to debate.

Martin, years ago this forum was buzzing and had Tenerife professionals (estate agents, electricians, lawyers, business owners etc) on here giving people advice on many different levels and topics. Most of us left in the end due to continuous insults.

Eric (Ecky Thump) and around 10 other users have taken over this Tenerife forum, playing games all day and bullying anybody who does not agree to their rules. Many informative threads have been destroyed by their "banter". Today you have been told by the Master himself what to do in the future, if you do not obey you will end up like me. Being trolled by Eric, his wife and the other 8 mates.

You seem to be a decent person who does not want any trouble, therefore it might be better not to be associated with me. All the best.

Now to Mayhem: Now if that is not a strategy which is muddled what else.

NoMaytes gets told on a regular basis she can not have access to the single market and take back control, but still insists to get a better deal than the other 27 states have.
The economy has so far held up only because she is lying to us. Once the truth comes out the UK will slowly but surely disintegrate. A drop in consumer spending and employment will start the downward spiral.

Everytime she tries to tell the truth, the Pound drops like a stone and they have to back paddle. Quite funny to watch. :scared:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

“I’m tempted to say that the people who are getting it wrong are those who print things saying ‘I am talking about a hard Brexit; it’s absolutely inevitable that it’s a hard Brexit.’ I don’t accept the terms hard and soft Brexit,” May said on Monday. "What we are doing is going to get an ambitious, good, best possible deal in terms of trading with and operating within the single European market.”

:twak: what a load of meaningless nonsense.

Even better explanation:

The EU's position has always been clear: If you want full access to the EU economy, then open borders are a pre-requisite. On the weekend, Prime Minister Theresa May made her position more clear than ever: she's willing to sacrifice access to the EU economy and border control is her first priority. Now that's posturing to some extent because Britain will not be locked out of the EU but it shows just how high-stakes the negotiations are.

In addition, Scottish independence is morphing into a permanent issue with Nicola Sturgeon already pushing for another referendum and ramping up her rhetoric on the weekend.

At some point, compelling fundamentals and investment opportunities despite the risks will draw a line under the pound but when political uncertainty is maxed out (like it is in Britain), the bottom tends to overshoot to the downside. At the moment, the October spike low is looking awfully compelling as a first target.

martincrabb99
09-01-2017, 16:40
Martin, years ago this forum was buzzing and had Tenerife professionals (estate agents, electricians, lawyers, business owners etc) on here giving people advice on many different levels and topics. Most of us left in the end due to continuous insults.

Eric (Ecky Thump) and around 10 other users have taken over this Tenerife forum, playing games all day and bullying anybody who does not agree to their rules. Many informative threads have been destroyed by their "banter". Today you have been told by the Master himself what to do in the future, if you do not obey you will end up like me. Being trolled by Eric, his wife and the other 8 mates.

You seem to be a decent person who does not want any trouble, therefore it might be better not to be associated with me. All the best.

Now to Mayhem: Now if that is not a strategy which is muddled what else.

NoMaytes gets told on a regular basis she can not have access to the single market and take back control, but still insists to get a better deal than the other 27 states have.
The economy has so far held up only because she is lying to us. Once the truth comes out the UK will slowly but surely disintegrate. A drop in consumer spending and employment will start the downward spiral.

Everytime she tries to tell the truth, the Pound drops like a stone and they have to back paddle. Quite funny to watch. :scared:

“I’m tempted to say that the people who are getting it wrong are those who print things saying ‘I am talking about a hard Brexit; it’s absolutely inevitable that it’s a hard Brexit.’ I don’t accept the terms hard and soft Brexit,” May said on Monday. "What we are doing is going to get an ambitious, good, best possible deal in terms of trading with and operating within the single European market.”

:twak: what a load of meaningless nonsense.

Even better explanation:

The EU's position has always been clear: If you want full access to the EU economy, then open borders are a pre-requisite. On the weekend, Prime Minister Theresa May made her position more clear than ever: she's willing to sacrifice access to the EU economy and border control is her first priority. Now that's posturing to some extent because Britain will not be locked out of the EU but it shows just how high-stakes the negotiations are.

In addition, Scottish independence is morphing into a permanent issue with Nicola Sturgeon already pushing for another referendum and ramping up her rhetoric on the weekend.

At some point, compelling fundamentals and investment opportunities despite the risks will draw a line under the pound but when political uncertainty is maxed out (like it is in Britain), the bottom tends to overshoot to the downside. At the moment, the October spike low is looking awfully compelling as a first target.

I would like to debate the issues which may result from Brexit and which may or may not cause problems in the future but it would be useful if it could be done without any personal references so I suppose the Brexit Platform seems the ideal thread. It would be good if the participants in the discussion kept to the issues concerned without personalising things. I don't mind being associated with any person on the forum when it comes to a discussion and I just really wanted to clarify the best place to post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peanuts
09-01-2017, 16:48
Great headline

Panicking Theresa May denies supporting 'Hard Brexit' after she sends the pound plunging

The PM emphasised yesterday: "We are leaving. We are coming out. We are not going to be a member of the EU any longer."

Today a panicking Mrs May tried to blame the crash on the media for misreporting her comments. :dontknow: :laugh:

But the important bit was on the bottom of the article:

Today Mrs May was dealt a new blow over Brexit by a survey of 200 financial institutions for The Times by consultancy firm EY.

It claimed half of those who said they would move staff and resources in the case of a Brexit vote have already begun to do so.

Nearly a third of investment banks with substantial business in Britain said they intend to move their entire European operations away, the newspaper claimed.

Branding the report an "exodus", Lib Dem economy spokesman Susan Kramer said: “The financial services sector is crucial to the UK's future prosperity.

"If Theresa May does pull Britain out of the Single Market, she will go down in history as the Prime Minister who crashed the economy.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/panicking-theresa-denies-supporting-hard-9590904

Business is there to make money and it will sort itself out very quickly when it is under thread.

I remember, nobody will see it when the next tall building is in the EU and not in London. Nobody will see it if the next car plant is in the EU and not in Sunderland.

But then there is another side...

Merkel says no 'cherry picking' for Britain in Brexit talks

Jan 9 The European Union must consider limiting Britain's access to its single market if London fails to accept the bloc's four freedoms in Brexit negotiations, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Monday.

Adding pressure on British Prime Minister Theresa May who at the weekend hinted at a "hard Brexit" - in which border controls are prioritized over market access - Merkel said there could not be negotiations based on "cherry picking."

Merkel said it was important that "we also make clear on the other hand that access to the single market can only be possible on the condition of respecting the four basic freedoms. Otherwise one has to talk about limits (of access)."

I call that a kick in the teeth. :bootyshake:

Peanuts
10-01-2017, 09:38
Newest problem, not enough migrants. We need 500.000 migrants a year

Other countries have their own problems. Germany is worried that not enough migrants arrive each year to keep their work force at the same level. If the borders would be shut completely the German workforce would drop from 45 million to 30 million within 3 decades. Having a level of 200.000 migrants per year would drop the work force to 37 million.

They identified this as a huge problem for the wealth of the country, less productivity, less taxes, no money to pay pensions. Whole areas would become desolate. Now we know how that looks like.

What to do, they do not know as the stream of EU migrants is starting to trickle. There are none left in the numbers needed. Poland, Spain just not enough people left to migrate in the required numbers. The borders need to be opened to non EU migrants to fulfill the required quota and many are not as qualified as the EU migrants.

Projects to educate and teach the language are seen as a solution to bring in migrants from outside the EU. Will be interesting what happens in 10 years in the UK and Germany.

What is the talk in the UK?

It is a quintessentially British scene: watching the annual Wimbledon tournament while munching on British strawberries and cream.

But farmers here are warning that fruit and vegetables - including their beloved strawberries - could be left to rot in the fields this northern summer because Eastern Europeans are reluctant to work on British farms following the Brexit vote.

Britain's immigration policy will be one of the central themes of the upcoming Brexit negotiations, which are expected to last up to two years. And many industries that rely on foreign labour - from construction to cleaning - are anxious about continued access to migrant workers after Britain leaves the European Union.

But the agricultural industry says it is already struggling with a worker deficit.

We talk about taking back control, but I rather have a pension.

By the way, we have 31.76 million in work. Let us see how this number stacks up. Has anybody found some future statistics for the UK. I would ask May but she can not make her mind up.

Thinking about the above. Anybody who voted leave must hate their grandchildren. First they have to pay their grandparents pension and then there is nobody left to pay their own.

:dontknow: :c2: :sorry:

Peanuts
11-01-2017, 10:04
Liam Fox is still campaigning for Brexit.

International Trade Secretary Liam Fox announced that his Department for International trade has attracted £15.8 billion of foreign investment to the UK since Brexit, but Fox and his team "reheated" several older announcements.

A £650 million renewable energy plant investment from MGT Power, a deal first revealed in 2009.

A joint venture between Wheelabrator Technologies and SSE to regenerate the former Ferrybridge Power Station in West Yorkshire; first announced in 2012.

Dong Energy, a Danish company that the department said it had attracted to the UK, actually committed to building a £60 million recycling plant in the north-western county of Cheshire in 2015, and had the investment signed off in February 2016.

Everybody knows that investments are planned often far in advance before executed. Any investments in 2016 will have been planned long before 2016. It will be interesting to see how investments dry up in 2018 and coming years. Remember 15.8 million, it will not happen again for a very long time.

When you go on your holidays you decide a destination, organize and book your trip, pack and travel. Nobody gets to their destination without it. Same goes for investments. Decision on which investment, then planning and execution.

Liam, the world is reading your lies. Imagine their file on you, Brexiteer Liam Fox, a liar, makes up the numbers and can not be trusted.

What the World Thinks About Trade After Brexit

Argentina would be interested in negotiating a bilateral free-trade agreement with the U.K., potentially turning around often-testy relations between the two countries. Argentina already has been working bilaterally with the U.K. on a number of matters but, before launching trade negotiations, pending issues related to a long-standing dispute over the Falklands Islands need to be solved, Argentinian Foreign Minister Susana Malcorra said in Buenos Aires in December.

RUSSIA, Given the U.K. can’t negotiate deals, “there has been no initiative” from the British to start discussions, the economy ministry said by e-mail. Two officials who spoke on condition of anonymity said Russia might eventually be interested in a free-trade agreement, but noted the relationship would need to be via the Eurasian Economic Union.

Japan’s priority is to find a basic agreement on an economic partnership with the EU by the close of 2017 rather than focus on the U.K., Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said in November.

The U.K. and China said in November they would establish a working group to enhance trade discussions “including options for the future trading relationship.”
China is studying a proposal for a trade agreement, Ministry of Commerce spokesman Shen Danyang said, adding that there is no concrete plan yet.

Canadian Finance Minister Bill Morneau said any pact with Britain would be based on the one signed recently with the EU, the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement. “We have a long cultural and historical relationship with the U.K. and any eventual trading relationship I think will be positive and it will be founded on the basis of CETA,” he said.

After Britain’s May visited in November, Indian Trade Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said her government was “happy to engage” with the U.K. about a free-trade agreement at some point. The Commerce Ministry said India would identify those sectors where it enjoys a competitive advantage.

Where are all these wonderful opportunities?

and the Pound dropped below 1.21... :scared:

To prove my point..

On the face of it the trade numbers should be a big negative but in reality, they're not. Our exports trifle in comparison to our imports, and have done for many many years. If the pound was to have helped exports it was only going to be a bonus, not the start of the UK becoming and exporting powerhouse.

The export/import numbers show that what strides exporters are making are still being swallowed up by imports. Exports rose 5.1% vs 2.3% prior. Imports were up 9.3% vs -7.8% prior.

Peanuts
12-01-2017, 10:32
Funny but sadly the truth

An MP Pretended To Be A Waiter In A Baffling Video Comparing Brexit To Chicken

https://youtu.be/iQtHGYtWwPE

“The UK shouldn’t be forced to leave the EU on terms nobody voted for. Therefore Article 50 should be delayed until after the people have had the final say by voting on whether to accept the terms of the deal or to stay in the EU on current terms,” he explains. “The video is a creative expression of this basic point.”

Every time May and Brexit is mentioned the Pound drops, wonder why? Anyway Mayhem is holding a Brexit means Brexit speach next Tuesday and we will get the best deal possible.

In the mean time the Germans confirm they are not bothered which cars we drive in future, if any. They want a hard Brexit, 25% of companies believe they can steal business away from the UK. Good start...

Bankers are packing their bags and looking for a new place...

2016 is the year the UK slowly died. :spin: :goodluck:

Peanuts
13-01-2017, 11:15
Quick one today. Waiting for Mayhem speech and EU is giving us loads of warning shots...

The divorce proceedings are starting to get ugly :twak:

On the cards is, a bad deal or if we all want it no deal...staying in the EU. :crazy:

Peanuts
14-01-2017, 10:44
We’ve had “Brexit means Brexit,” “red, white and blue Brexit” and the repeated promise to seek the “best possible deal.”

Next Tuesday is the day May will set out her vision for Brexit and creating a “truly global Britain,” her spokeswoman said yesterday. Onlookers will be seeking answers to many questions, among them: how does May plan to curtail immigration, and will she unilaterally let EU citizens stay in the U.K.? Is she going to pull the Britain out of the single market and/or customs union and if so, what model of trade does she want? Will she try to protect the finance industry? Does she want a transitional deal to the new regime?

Listeners might still not get much insight, with May repeatedly saying she doesn’t want to reveal too much of her negotiating position early on as she plans to trigger the withdrawal by the end of March.

May is just one side of the negotiating table, and it’s her EU interlocutors who may ultimately have the whip hand.

The message sent this week from Malta, which holds the EU’s rotating presidency, doesn’t bode well.

While he said “nobody is out to destroy the British economy,” Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said he doubted Europe’s common front will fracture and that “it’s very obvious” any deal must be inferior for the U.K. than EU membership is. He also said European courts will have some jurisdiction over the U.K. through any transitional phase.

Finance Minister Edward Scicluna was even harsher, betting Britain will “blink first” in the discussions.

Let the games begin.

Peanuts
15-01-2017, 10:34
Papers all agree, bad Brexit deal it is,

Inflation indicators suggest the price of food is about to go up.

Brexit has driven down the value of the pound.

That will end a sweet period of inflation-free wage growth for UK workers.

It seems like hyperbole to say that Brexit could make all British people poorer. But data came out this week showing that is starting to come true.

What does it mean, tell your grand children to have babies and lots of them to pay for your care and forget your pension.

Brexit means 2016 the year the UK slowly died. Good thing I will never have to find out. RIP

Peanuts
16-01-2017, 16:36
Brexit speech and plan by Mayhem.

Livesquawk have just said that there's a touted time of 11.45 GMT for this big speech of hers. That's come from CNBC they say, so not taken for granted.

There's a lot of furore about what she will say in this speech so perhaps the market is getting a little ahead of itself.

The speech itself is to an audience of diplomats in London so her comments might not be as detailed as the market expects. They certainly shouldn't be more detailed than what she would say to parliament, and might even be a repeat of what she's said previously.

It's being built up into something big but it has all the potential of not delivering. That would be bad in the market's eyes but potentially good for the pound, even though still not hearing about her plans is bad, which is bad for the pound but might be read as good. It's all a mucking fuddle if you ask me.

And....

Hammond has threatened the EU with a new economic model, if they cut us out of the EU market. Reducing taxes and starting a trade war is his answer. Wonder who will pay and survive that on better. UK with its current trade and high budget deficit plus cost of Brexit, possibly not.

Just another undefined plan, we are getting used to it by now.

Democracy is, we want another referendum on the final deal.

Ecky Thump
16-01-2017, 18:36
Not Happy

I'm not too happy, as I have a dental appointment tomorrow....oh to be like Angusjim who can drop his teeth off at the dentist for his treatment.:fpull:

warbey
16-01-2017, 21:05
Not Happy

I'm not too happy, as I have a dental appointment tomorrow....oh to be like Angusjim who can drop his teeth off at the dentist for his treatment.:fpull:

Heck Ecky, I'm not happy either.

You have spoilt the monologue.:devil2::eyebrows:

Ecky Thump
16-01-2017, 21:08
Heck Ecky, I'm not happy either.

You have spoilt the monologue.:devil2::eyebrows:

I was going to mention that the price of Brussel Sprouts had gone up since Christmas, but that could be related to Brexit!:D

warbey
16-01-2017, 21:11

Another unhappy bit.

I can't eat sprouts as My rat poison Medicine don't like it.

(Who is Brexit?).

Ecky Thump
16-01-2017, 21:20

Another unhappy bit.

I can't eat sprouts as My rat poison Medicine don't like it.

(Who is Brexit?).

Carol is on the same stuff and she has to avoid vitamin K

As far as I know, this is the only available photograph of Brexit.:laugh:

warbey
16-01-2017, 21:25

Yep musn't get too excited but if there's a reward for this Brexit fella I may do.

As for the vitamin K, I think plenty of alcohol helps thin the Blood a bit. That's My excuse Mate.:whistle::whistle::flatcap::devil:

Peanuts
17-01-2017, 13:20
Sterling received another instant boost from May’s announcement that the Brexit deal will be put to parliament for a vote.

This is me gone. See you in two years. Enjoy Eric, his wife and his immature helpers valuable comments.

Ecky Thump
17-01-2017, 13:46
Sterling received another instant boost from May’s announcement that the Brexit deal will be put to parliament for a vote.

This is me gone. See you in two years. Enjoy Eric, his wife and his immature helpers valuable comments.

Enjoy your retirement Peanut, I shall pass on your good wishes to Carol...I'm sure that she will be 'HAPPY'.

Peanuts
17-01-2017, 14:43
Enjoy your retirement Peanut, I shall pass on your good wishes to Carol...I'm sure that she will be 'HAPPY'.

What happened to your ignore list? You were following me all along. :laugh:

For somebody who does not read my posts you are quick to respond. Yes, you can let your wife loose on the forum again.

Happy days for all. :welcome: :goodluck:

and my final word...

Nobody is stressed anymore. Whatever the deal will be yadda yadda - it will be scrutinized by Parliament. Which is good. It's better than good: it's perfect.

but ...

It's not about the speech. This time the devil was hidden in an (unanswered) question: "And if Parliament rejects the Brexit deal, would the UK remain in the EU?"

and...

Closer to the deadline another Referendum will be looming.

:duh:

Stevo
17-01-2017, 19:00
Not really relevant to the thread but I'm certainly not happy.
I started a thread a good few days ago mainly asking for any input as I'm moving to Tenerife as a swallow in a few years time.
Up to now it hasn't been put on the site as it said it was being checked by a moderator, fair enough, but that was last week. I've also opened a ticket at the weekend but still heard nothing.
Is this standard as a newbie posting a new thread?

Ecky Thump
17-01-2017, 19:12
I started a thread a good few days ago mainly asking for any input as I'm moving to Tenerife as a swallow in a few years time.
Up to now it hasn't been put on the site as it said it was being checked by a moderator, fair enough, but that was last week. I've also opened a ticket at the weekend but still heard nothing.

Maybe Moderator or garlicbread will see this post and step in to help, alternatively you could try the search facility at the top of the home page, type in a couple of words associated with your requirements (ie bus times), post on that thread then it will be seen by all. :pray:

warbey
17-01-2017, 20:17

They do have some safeguards Steve, which You have now encountered.

I seem to remember you need to post about ten or more posts before being able to start a new one.

In the meantime there is already plenty of advice to dig out and you may get help from Residents if they spot your post/s

re putting in tickets. Things move slowly, believe Me.

Persevere Mate!

Stevo
18-01-2017, 10:28
Thanks for the replies chaps :tiphat: I have been having a good look round previous posts and picking loads of great advice and info up.
I'll start posting and get past ten posts too and try my thread again.

captain jack sparrow
18-01-2017, 17:31
Im happy as Larry today peanuts...ive just bought a bottle of Moet and decided to keep it for independence day in march when our PM Theresa May puts a big fat scribble on that article 50 paper...what a great day that will be....what are your plans to celebrate ? :cheers2:

Ecky Thump
18-01-2017, 17:48
I'm not happy, as I have to buy two new tyres for my car, someone should teach my Daughter in Law that she's allowed to slow up at roundabouts and bends! :nono:

melm
18-01-2017, 18:23
Im happy as Larry today peanuts...ive just bought a bottle of Moet and decided to keep it for independence day in march when our PM Theresa May puts a big fat scribble on that article 50 paper...what a great day that will be....what are your plans to celebrate ? :cheers2:

Lets have a party to celebrate, any excuse will do :party4::woo::woo:

Ecky Thump
19-01-2017, 09:44
Lets have a party to celebrate, any excuse will do :party4::woo::woo:

And when did you even need a excuse to have a party? :D

helena246
19-01-2017, 11:34

Surprisingly Jack Sparrow very similar to yours except it will be many bottles of Verve Cliquet Rose, Well we have to try to keep France from bankruptcy till we are OUT OUT OUT !

captain jack sparrow
19-01-2017, 12:55
Surprisingly Jack Sparrow very similar to yours except it will be many bottles of Verve Cliquet Rose, Well we have to try to keep France from bankruptcy till we are OUT OUT OUT !

Very good point Helena, Also could celebrating fellow brexiteers be careful popping those corks, they could easily hit a Remainer on the snout end causing minor injury and possibly spark demands for a further referendum.

helena246
19-01-2017, 19:48
Very good point Helena, Also could celebrating fellow brexiteers be careful popping those corks, they could easily hit a Remainer on the snout end causing minor injury and possibly spark demands for a further referendum.

Indeed Jack Sparrow Indeed