PDA

View Full Version : Food Market/Hall near Asian City/Lewinskys

LindaD
08-01-2017, 23:50
Last December (2015) when we were in Tenerife there was a new food market/hall just opened up near ASian City and Lewinskys. When we returned in May 2016 it seemed to be going great guns and every time we passed it was always very busy, especially with the locals. There were seats outside and a singer etc on most evenings. Going back this December 2016 the place was deserted most evenings, and the singer was singing to about a couple of people each evening. we did venture in for a wee look in December 2015 and the food and area looked really nice. Wonder what's happened?
By contrast the food court on the top of the Passerrele Oasis Centre was busy any time we were there, and again it seemed to be used a lot by the locals.

tfs1
09-01-2017, 07:48
Last December (2015) when we were in Tenerife there was a new food market/hall just opened up near ASian City and Lewinskys. When we returned in May 2016 it seemed to be going great guns and every time we passed it was always very busy, especially with the locals. There were seats outside and a singer etc on most evenings. Going back this December 2016 the place was deserted most evenings, and the singer was singing to about a couple of people each evening. we did venture in for a wee look in December 2015 and the food and area looked really nice. Wonder what's happened?
By contrast the food court on the top of the Passerrele Oasis Centre was busy any time we were there, and again it seemed to be used a lot by the locals.

We asked the same question, we were over from October until December and walked by on a number of occasions both during the day and in the evening. It just wasnt busy, presume it could be to do with the location, outlook onto a barren piece of land and close to a busy road and if we go for a drink/meal do not want someone singing ! - but each to their own.

It just doesnt appeal to us but have enjoyed a few evenings at La Pepa Food hall on the top floor of the Passeralla Centre and have never had a bad steak - great food, good atmosphere, good views.

tfs1
19-01-2017, 17:22
We asked the same question, we were over from October until December and walked by on a number of occasions both during the day and in the evening. It just wasnt busy, presume it could be to do with the location, outlook onto a barren piece of land and close to a busy road and if we go for a drink/meal do not want someone singing ! - but each to their own.

It just doesnt appeal to us but have enjoyed a few evenings at La Pepa Food hall on the top floor of the Passeralla Centre and have never had a bad steak - great food, good atmosphere, good views.

Just walked past and the whole outside is now covered and enclosed by a solid structure - work was happening on this when we left before Christmas.

They have also taken over the wide shingle ajoining pathway, which is also enclosed. No-one in when we went by - they are also advertising 'menu del dia' offering.

Ecky Thump
30-01-2017, 11:39
Just walked past and the whole outside is now covered and enclosed by a solid structure - work was happening on this when we left before Christmas.

They have also taken over the wide shingle ajoining pathway, which is also enclosed. No-one in when we went by - they are also advertising 'menu del dia' offering.

Any updates on this??

tfs1
30-01-2017, 12:39
Any updates on this??

We passed by on Friday evening around 10.00 and there were a few in, there was music and a few dancing. I believe they do line dancing a couple of nights a week (someone said Thursday and Saturday) and also told the person doing it is/was the lady from Lewinskis.

Ecky Thump
30-01-2017, 12:45
We passed by on Friday evening around 10.00 and there were a few in, there was music and a few dancing. I believe they do line dancing a couple of nights a week (someone said Thursday and Saturday) and also told the person doing it is/was the lady from Lewinskis.

Going back about three years ago, Lewinskis was packed out in the evening with couples or single women 'Line Dancing', but it appears to have lost its popularity. :dontknow:

Angusjim
30-01-2017, 14:27
Going back about three years ago, Lewinskis was packed out in the evening with couples or single women 'Line Dancing', but it appears to have lost its popularity. :dontknow:

Is that the place that used to be called the Karaoke Palace many many years ago ?

Ecky Thump
30-01-2017, 15:03
Is that the place that used to be called the Karaoke Palace many many years ago ?

I think that's what it was known as, ...not sure, but it's situated by the traffic lights along from the Cristian/Tenerife Sur apartments.

delderek
30-01-2017, 19:44
Don't remember that but it was one of the offices used by John Palmer, remember him.?

Ecky Thump
30-01-2017, 20:48
Don't remember that but it was one of the offices used by John Palmer, remember him.?

Oh Yes.....100% Thug, Swindler, Scrap Metal dealer, Money laundering and probably hundreds of other criminal activities.

delderek
30-01-2017, 21:03
Oh Yes.....100% Thug, Swindler, Scrap Metal dealer, Money laundering and probably hundreds of other criminal activities.

You left off "Time share". And a very strange Police report into his murder, saying it was a heart attack, and failing to spot the bullet hole!

He was murdered on 24 June 2015 at the age of 64 in his gated home of South Weald, near Brentwood, Essex[26] by a gunshot wound to the chest. The fact that he had been shot was only revealed during a post mortem as he had had open heart surgery which the wound was mistaken for

Ecky Thump
30-01-2017, 21:09
You left off "Time share". And a very strange Police report into his murder, saying it was a heart attack, and failing to spot the bullet hole!

I thought that 'Swindler' was a synonym of 'Time Share'! :D

Sorry timmylish

seanocelt
31-01-2017, 15:07
Yer all brave now he's deid!

Ecky Thump
31-01-2017, 18:07

I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have any buisness dealings with him.

delderek
31-01-2017, 19:28

Mmnn, is he?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Mmnn, is he?

Ecky Thump
07-02-2017, 12:53
Mmnn, is he?

Reincarnation ??

I wonder what he came back as.....any suggestions? :D

Ricman
07-02-2017, 13:28
We went in there last Friday night & it all seemed OK if a bit quiet with a lot of the places inside closed. There was a band & many dancers who were having a good time line dancing under the covered outer towards Cristian Sur apartments. Nice pint of Estrella Damm.

Afterwards we went next door to the Indian restaurant called Asian City. But do not ask about that.

Ecky Thump
07-02-2017, 13:32
We went in there last Friday night & it all seemed OK if a bit quiet with a lot of the places inside closed. There was a band & many dancers who were having a good time line dancing under the covered outer towards Cristian Sur apartments. Nice pint of Estrella Damm.

Afterwards we went next door to the Indian restaurant called Asian City. But do not ask about that.

Well, I guess that's another restaurant crossed off our 'must try or try again' list deleted.:cheeky:

tfs1
07-02-2017, 15:06

Last Friday evening we went to Balti Balti and had a great meal !

Go on spills the beans !!! - we went to the Asian City the day after it opened and had a large rat running around the inside.

Angusjim
08-02-2017, 07:29
Last Friday evening we went to Balti Balti and had a great meal !

Go on spills the beans !!! - we went to the Asian City the day after it opened and had a large rat running around the inside.

No issue with rats running about now I believe:whistle:

delderek
08-02-2017, 10:00
No issue with rats running about now I believe:whistle:

Do they advertise "Freshly caught food"

Ricman
08-02-2017, 17:46
Roland was the cabaret for New Years Eve 2015 only & at the special request of a Welsh lady called Wendy I think.

She was warned that she must be nice to him or he could get a bit ratty.

Ecky Thump
08-02-2017, 17:53
Roland was the cabaret for New Years Eve 2015 only & at the special request of a Welsh lady called Wendy I think.

She was warned that she must be nice to him or he could get a bit ratty.

Did they employ this specialty chef?

https://youtu.be/gjxxsmizym8

delderek
12-02-2017, 12:00
I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have any buisness dealings with him.

What a coincidence, this from the Canarian weekly:

Goldfinger murder: Is this the breakthrough?

A REPORT on the Essex Police Facebook site has revealed that a 50-year-old man, living in southern Spain, has returned to the UK to make a voluntary statement to police concerning the 2015 murder of convicted fraudster John Palmer.
Palmer, nicknamed “Goldfinger” because of his involvement in melting down some of the gold stolen from the infamous Brinks-Mat robbery, was in his garden when shot.
But initial investigations did not spot the gunshot wound because he’d previously had open-heart surgery.
He was awaiting trial for fraud, firearm possession and money-laundering after being arrested in Tenerife, his second home.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Jennings, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said: “I am satisfied that Mr Palmer’s murder bears all the hallmarks of a professional, contract-killing involving organised crime.
“Extensive, public appeals have yet to provide information which has been able to assist my team in bringing any charges against the person or people responsible for Mr Palmer’s death.”
“It has been widely reported that Mr Palmer had been involved in crime both in the UK and Europe and I continue to examine the links between his lifestyle and the manner in which he was killed.”
To date, no charges have been laid against anyone.

cheery
12-02-2017, 12:20
If you are involved in crime at that sort of level you will inevitably fall foul of someone sooner or later, whether it's an enemy or one of your associates.