PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Day time entertainment

hamer
16-01-2017, 13:24
Hi everyone,
Coming out to Torviscas on the 31st Jan for 11 nights. Are there any bars that do outside afternoon entertainment.
We stayed in Americas a couple of years ago and enjoyed sitting outside of Leonardo's in the afternoon but can't remember which days.

bennoa1
17-01-2017, 14:07
You see the acrobats around the front (Puerto Colon and I've seen them a few times in LC) during the day but not much else I've seen. People watching is the most popular entertainment form. I'll be out for a few days in the middle of you're break so hope the weather isn't still windy like it was in December.

Red Devil
17-01-2017, 17:22
There are quite a few bars around the corner from you at La Pinta beach that has afternoon entertainment, one on the first floor level whos name I cant remember seems to do karaoke quite a bit, then theres Pete Breen at the Irish Rose and someone singing at Sloops bar just under Club Atlantis every Thurs & Sun afternoon I think.
You will hear where they are when you get there, they can be quite loud.

theloner
17-01-2017, 18:55
I think Sloops had to stop live music in the afternoon because of complaints from Club Atlantis residents, The White Knights were on at Leonardos on something like a Thursday or Friday afternoon, they were also on at the Moonlight Bar overlooking Fanabe beach on a Wednesday afternoon I think.

eltel
18-01-2017, 00:52
Also south beach & sky bar have afternoon entertainment Puerto colon

bennoa1
18-01-2017, 09:36
There are quite a few bars around the corner from you at La Pinta beach that has afternoon entertainment, one on the first floor level whos name I cant remember seems to do karaoke quite a bit, then theres Pete Breen at the Irish Rose and someone singing at Sloops bar just under Club Atlantis every Thurs & Sun afternoon I think.
You will hear where they are when you get there, they can be quite loud.
Not sure I'd class some of the sound as entertainment, more like a real person(s) making background noise. Actually thinking about it the Sky Bar have an Elvis impersonator on most of the afternoon (not sure its daily but feels like it) as I can hear it when I'm in Odissea.

Ecky Thump
18-01-2017, 09:49
You see the acrobats around the front (Puerto Colon and I've seen them a few times in LC) during the day but not much else I've seen. People watching is the most popular entertainment form. I'll be out for a few days in the middle of you're break so hope the weather isn't still windy like it was in December.

I cringe with fear when I see the acrobats performing in front of the Los Cristianos bars, to me it's a accident waiting to happen, either someone will walk in front of them and be injured or one of the acrobats is going to make a mistake and land on the concrete....head first! :scared:

There is also the street entertainer who dresses as a Indian and does cheesy magic tricks and shouts something like "Yakka Takka" and then goes round the tables in the bars collecting his appearance money while singing the Abba Song 'Money Money Money' :D

bennoa1
18-01-2017, 10:04
The Indian man always has a hat on (used to be a turban but the last time I saw him it was a black hat) and pulls a trolley. His catch phrase is dun dun dun duuuun. His thong trick is amazing - he even starts chuckling to himself before he's revealed the trick. I saw a young chap (about 16) just about the pull the thing out but he looked in the hat first and refused to do it. Mind you he was with his parents.

Ecky Thump
18-01-2017, 10:16
The Indian man always has a hat on (used to be a turban but the last time I saw him it was a black hat) and pulls a trolley. His catch phrase is dun dun dun duuuun. His thong trick is amazing - he even starts chuckling to himself before he's revealed the trick. I saw a young chap (about 16) just about the pull the thing out but he looked in the hat first and refused to do it. Mind you he was with his parents.

I was told by the local waiters that the 'Indian' is 100% Spanish and now no longer even bothers to dress as a Indian, a few months ago he was wearing a reebok t-shirt....he has been doing the same tricks as far as I can remember for the last five or six years, although he does entertain the people and is funny to watch. I ofton wonder how much longer his little trolley will last.

Stevo
18-01-2017, 10:33
The pool bar at Garden City complex in Costa Adeje is a great afternoon on Tuesdays and Thursdays, DJ, Karaoke and quizzes.

bennoa1
18-01-2017, 10:43
I was told by the local waiters that the 'Indian' is 100% Spanish and now no longer even bothers to dress as a Indian, a few months ago he was wearing a reebok t-shirt....he has been doing the same tricks as far as I can remember for the last five or six years, although he does entertain the people and is funny to watch. I ofton wonder how much longer his little trolley will last.

He had shorts on in December. Not very Indian

Ecky Thump
18-01-2017, 11:18
He had shorts on in December. Not very Indian

And I don't think that he would be a very pretty tourist sight.:D

irishmusico
20-03-2017, 07:56
TheSwinging White Knights do play at The Moonlight Bar on Wednesdays at 3.00 and The Philharmonics play there on Fridays at 3.00

Angusjim
20-03-2017, 09:19
TheSwinging White Knights do play at The Moonlight Bar on Wednesdays at 3.00 and The Philharmonics play there on Fridays at 3.00

Do you not play afternoons at the pub below Club Atlantis one afternoon ?

irishmusico
22-03-2017, 06:35
Do you not play afternoons at the pub below Club Atlantis one afternoon ?

No, unfortunately we were shutdown by the police.

tfs1
22-03-2017, 11:18
And I don't think that he would be a very pretty tourist sight.:D

Saw him a couple of weeks ago down by Linares, no shorts just his normal clothes and entertaining everyone with the same cheesy 'tricks', trolley still going.