PDA

View Full Version : Other Eating Outside in The Evening

Angusjim
21-01-2017, 10:28
We were in Lanzarote last week weather was not great and at night it was cold, why do people persist in eating outside ? sitting there with jackets / scarfs on shivering:shiver and their food getting cold before they finish it, are they in denial about the fact that it is cold ( you see the same in Tenerife ) some of the restaurants have heaters but many / most do not.

Ecky Thump
21-01-2017, 15:50
It's heridity, remember the days as a child, when you were taken on a picnic on a freezing cold day at the seaside and your parents told you to stop moaning about being cold and just enjoy yourself.:p

macdonald5
21-01-2017, 18:56
We were in Lanzarote last week weather was not great and at night it was cold, why do people persist in eating outside ? sitting there with jackets / scarfs on shivering:shiver and their food getting cold before they finish it, are they in denial about the fact that it is cold ( you see the same in Tenerife ) some of the restaurants have heaters but many / most do not.

This past few weeks in Tenerife we only ate outside one evening and were frozen despite 4 heaters placed too high to be useful
Other evenings we made sure we had inside tables
In apartment we've had to have final drinks inside as too cold out

tfs1
21-01-2017, 21:28
This past few weeks in Tenerife we only ate outside one evening and were frozen despite 4 heaters placed too high to be useful
Other evenings we made sure we had inside tables

We have managed breakfast on the terrace since we arrived this week but in the evening its in the apartment and most definately tomorrow evening inside as we are in a restaurant up in the hills in Valle San Lorenzo.

Angusjim
22-01-2017, 11:32
It's heridity, remember the days as a child, when you were taken on a picnic on a freezing cold day at the seaside and your parents told you to stop moaning about being cold and just enjoy yourself.:p

Yea but you mainly moaned about the time it took the horse and cart to get to the seaside:lol:

jack oakley
22-01-2017, 23:16
Most people who eat outside are smokers.

Ecky Thump
23-01-2017, 12:33
I think for the 'holiday maker' it's part of the attraction of being in a warm climate where it's possible to eat outside, as long as there is some protection from the wind, I would choose eating outside at every opportunity, when we are at the apartment in Tenerife, I would estimate that apart from sleeping we only sit inside for approximately 5-6 hours during a months holiday.

Angusjim
23-01-2017, 12:45
Most people who eat outside are smokers.

Maybe some but don't agree most

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I think for the 'holiday maker' it's part of the attraction of being in a warm climate where it's possible to eat outside, as long as there is some protection from the wind, I would choose eating outside at every opportunity, when we are at the apartment in Tenerife, I would estimate that apart from sleeping we only sit inside for approximately 5-6 hours during a months holiday.

It may say its a warm climate / winter sunshine but in the evenings temp was down to say 12degs with a cold wind and on that basis I have no idea why anyone would get any pleasure sitting outside if someone suggested that at home lets eat outside tonight at temps 10/12 degs you would have to fear for their sanity.

macdonald5
23-01-2017, 14:57
We definitely prefer to eat out if weather allows, not daft enough to eat out in chilly evenings when food and feet go cold !
Smokers outside can be difficult for non smokers ,one evening we ate in covered outside and couple next to us had 6 cigs between courses
Belgium friends said not to worry 'those smokers won't be here by next year ' !!

Jakub
23-01-2017, 16:27
Can you recommend any places where I can order good quality vegan meal?? As I see this is a huge problem in here.

Addick
23-01-2017, 17:06

Clearly not drinking enough if you can still feel the cold by 'final drinks' time!:drunk2::vodkamachine:

Ecky Thump
23-01-2017, 17:57
Maybe some but don't agree most

It may say its a warm climate / winter sunshine but in the evenings temp was down to say 12degs with a cold wind and on that basis I have no idea why anyone would get any pleasure sitting outside if someone suggested that at home lets eat outside tonight at temps 10/12 degs you would have to fear for their sanity.

We definitely prefer to eat out if weather allows, not daft enough to eat out in chilly evenings when food and feet go cold !
Smokers outside can be difficult for non smokers ,one evening we in covered outside and couple next to us had 6 cigs between courses
Belgium friends said not to worry 'those smokers won't be here by next year ' !!

I can honestly say that in all the many years that we have had our holidays in Tenerife during the months of May and October, that there have only been a handful of times that we have felt cold when eating outside and as Carol55 has just pointed out to me that on a couple of these occasions it coincided with Angusjim being in Tenerife at the times.

The moral of the story is to simply avoid being in Tenerife at the same time as AngusJim and then you will be able to enjoy the warm sultry evenings that Tenerife offers..:D

AngusJimcan you please post your Tenerife holiday dates well in advance.:whistle:

macdonald5
23-01-2017, 18:29
Thought we'd paid AJ to transfer to Lanzarote now !!
This past few weeks in Tenerife is worst we've ever experienced so cannot blame poor AJ !!����

Angusjim
23-01-2017, 20:50
I can honestly say that in all the many years that we have had our holidays in Tenerife during the months of May and October, that there have only been a handful of times that we have felt cold when eating outside and as Carol55 has just pointed out to me that on a couple of these occasions it coincided with Angusjim being in Tenerife at the times.

The moral of the story is to simply avoid being in Tenerife at the same time as AngusJim and then you will be able to enjoy the warm sultry evenings that Tenerife offers..:D

AngusJimcan you please post your Tenerife holiday dates well in advance.:whistle:

May the 8th

Ecky Thump
23-01-2017, 20:58
May the 8th

No problom, I've just ordered this on eBay ! :wink:

Angusjim
23-01-2017, 20:59
May the 8th

but we are going to York no Tenerife

Ecky Thump
23-01-2017, 21:01
but we are going to York no Tenerife

Severe flooding in York during the month of May!

macdonald5
23-01-2017, 22:15
Thank heavens almost ready to cancel our May jollies , York is lovely in the rain !!

Ecky Thump
23-01-2017, 22:29
Thank heavens almost ready to cancel our May jollies , York is lovely in the rain !!

Yes, it's always lovely in York - It's always raining in York, so AngusJim won't make a change in the weather there.:D

blondie
23-01-2017, 22:31
Well Fuerteventura it is , but only for a week incase we dont like it . Dont think we will be eating out much at night either ,
heard its really cold at night at the moment

Angusjim
24-01-2017, 07:24
Well Fuerteventura it is , but only for a week incase we dont like it . Dont think we will be eating out much at night either ,
heard its really cold at night at the moment

Tak a simmit and yae will be fine. Hope you enjoy:wave:

blondie
24-01-2017, 17:20
I know I wil enjoy it , as long as I get the sun , not so sure about OH :dontknow:

Phoenix
01-04-2017, 23:50

It was 12 degrees one day last week here (Yorkshire) and it felt positively tropical... I wore a vest sun top and everything :lol:

I dunno, maybe we're just hardy, but myself and my now ex went to Tenerife in December 08 and early November 2011, and both times we ate out and sat outdoors a fair bit. We did wear jackets/hoodies I guess, but it certainly wasn't freezing. I have a photo of me in a sleeveless top at the Mongolian restaurant.

I can't understand sitting outdoors and shivering though, unless the place you're eating at only has outdoor tables.

Angusjim
02-04-2017, 07:30
It was 12 degrees one day last week here (Yorkshire) and it felt positively tropical... I wore a vest sun top and everything :lol:

I dunno, maybe we're just hardy, but myself and my now ex went to Tenerife in December 08 and early November 2011, and both times we ate out and sat outdoors a fair bit. We did wear jackets/hoodies I guess, but it certainly wasn't freezing. I have a photo of me in a sleeveless top at the Mongolian restaurant.

I can't understand sitting outdoors and shivering though, unless the place you're eating at only has outdoor tables.

Ah your ex now clearly did not like freezing outside eating:cold::shiver:lol:

Ecky Thump
14-04-2017, 09:33
Ah your ex now clearly did not like freezing outside eating:cold::shiver:lol:

I looked at the webcam last night and it looked as if T. Shirts and shorts was the dress code, but you no doubt insist that your wife wears her Mink Coat!! :D

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/canarias/santa-cruz-de-tenerife/playa-los-cristianos.html