PDA

View Full Version : Television british tv

caz12
24-01-2017, 20:46
I am looking to rent apartment long term the complex has 4 british tv but I would like any extra channels want are the best tv options out there. I understand that you can't get sky now.

AndyG
24-01-2017, 21:47
I use DT Media tv only package. €21.99 per month for a wide range of British TV channels and 3 sport channels. All programmes are automatically recorded and are available to watch for up to 2 weeks after which they disappear. We have been here for about 15 months and it is an excellent service (we have had a few instances when the tv has not been working properly but the vast majority of the time it has been great).

caz12
25-01-2017, 16:42
sorry the internet speed is slow thanks

junglejim
25-01-2017, 18:59
If your complex doesn´t do satellite Tv then the only way you will get extra TV channels is by some form of internet channels by getting your own internet and using either a box as andyfm suggests or one of the IPTV companies -
You could try Filmon.com on your PC but the quality depends on internet speed .

delderek
25-01-2017, 19:33
If your complex doesn´t do satellite Tv then the only way you will get extra TV channels is by some form of internet channels by getting your own internet and using either a box as andyfm suggests or one of the IPTV companies -
You could try Filmon.com on your PC but the quality depends on internet speed .

Filmon is OK, but the quality is pretty bad (even with fibre) the HD service which you have to pay for is only around 520. Mobdro has more choice inc Sky movies but again the quality is about the same. mostly ok on a pc but awful on a large screen. But if it's all you can get, then a lot better than nothing. The complex I owned on was 95% Brits, so English TV was a high priority, and has about 20 uk channels via satellite, but it did cost around 4000 euros to upgrade after the last Astra sat changes.

barryk
25-01-2017, 20:37
Filmon is OK, but the quality is pretty bad (even with fibre) the HD service which you have to pay for is only around 520. Mobdro has more choice inc Sky movies but again the quality is about the same. mostly ok on a pc but awful on a large screen. But if it's all you can get, then a lot better than nothing. The complex I owned on was 95% Brits, so English TV was a high priority, and has about 20 uk channels via satellite, but it did cost around 4000 euros to upgrade after the last Astra sat changes.

Hi
We have had our dish upgraded but I am not sure that we are on the best transponders. Could you confirm if you can receive channel 5 and which ITV and BBC regions you receive
Thanks

delderek
25-01-2017, 21:07
Sorry can't answer that as I no longer own. But from friends that I know channel 5 is ok. BBC and ITV used to be South east and Meridian. But not sure if that has changed.

delderek
26-01-2017, 12:13
Well i disagree on this,i have no satellite on my complex,so had fibre optic put in,purchased a tv box (70 odd euros) put kodi,mobdro,cyberghost etc on it and i find the quality(on my large tv screen) just as good as when i had a sky subscription.I can watch "ANY" football match that is on at 3pm on a Saturday,all the latest movies,listen to any uk radio station,watch "ANY" old tv series (i watched Tommy Cooper yesterday) etc,etc and apart from the cost off the box it is "ALL FREE".

Well I suppose it's down to individual perception, and screen size but this is from a technical review.

Things do improve as soon as you choose one of their subscription packages. However, it should also be noted, that FilmOn’s interpretation for HD found on each channel does not necessarily mean the general standard of 720p or 1080p. Although far improved over the free service, the video quality for UK channels still appears short of SD quality and although fine for general viewing, on the whole fast action sequences such as that seen in sport would prove challenging.