PDA

View Full Version : Other Takes me back...

geengezicht
27-01-2017, 15:41
Opened a packet of PG Tips for the first time in years just now and was instantly transported back to childhood and the joy of finding the collectors' card inside.

What takes you back...?

warbey
27-01-2017, 21:41
going to grandchildren's school today to see a class presentation of their impressions of wwII after research.

Lots of memories from then.

Long time since Ive seen a starting Handle too.............

Ecky Thump
27-01-2017, 21:49
Opened a packet of PG Tips for the first time in years just now and was instantly transported back to childhood and the joy of finding the collectors' card inside.

What takes you back...?

Getting out of bed at 4am as a young child to be with my Dad when he drove lorries for the BRS and latterly for Longton Transport.

Years later, I went on the coach with him when he drove them to the South Coast of England.

geengezicht
27-01-2017, 22:02
Love the chara

Ecky Thump
28-01-2017, 17:32
Something that is memorable to me and many others and still brings a tear to our eyes is the evening in Tenerife that Angusjim offered to buy every one in the bar a drink., the next day in all the newspaper headlines in Scotland carried this headline....

Ventriloquist Found Murdered in Los Cristianos!

:D

warbey
28-01-2017, 21:21
Then there was the tragedy of the Skater who fell through the Ice @Ecky.?

That Coach took me back too.

I always react to pictures of adverts and Chocolate machines on Railway Stations.

Tony the Welder
02-03-2017, 09:10

What takes you back...?

i do remember the collectors cards they used to be in cig packets as well , the only thing that takes me back is the wife