PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Returning to tenerife

Rubymay12
05-02-2017, 17:32
Hi All

Was looking for some advise or help on returning to the south of the island, new to the forum so hello and sorry if wrong place etc??

We lived as a couple foe 2.5 years in the south living and working fine doing bar work etc and was very happy minus the usual Tenerife problems, but decided to return due to a serious family illness. with 3 years gone by now and over the loss of dad etc we really do miss living out there and want to return ASAP, thing is we now have our wonderful little 2 year old boy with us so obviously things will be more difficult and a lot different, we do have nie and social still and my partner has his residentia, I didn't manage to sort mine in time, hopefully these are all still intact and can use etc, we do have money in bank too but our main concern is how hard it is to get our son into state or private schools and costs/options involved??, also do we need private medical care now again especially for little one, we do not speak Spanish but do understand the basics so going state does worry us but as he is only 2 would this be a better option and does anyone know about waiting lists etc??
Things are ok in England at the moment but please believe us when we say money isn't everything and the U.K swallows it up quite quickly so in comparison to Tenerife it's how you view it we think??we truly do believe (if not pray) that Tenerife is a better option to bring our son up in, we do hope to find regular bar work etc like before as always seemed to be OK on that front!??
Probably got more to ask and say but hope this may be enough to start for you all, so look forward to hearing back soon??

Many thanks

melm
05-02-2017, 17:48
Welcome::welcome: good luck

warbey
05-02-2017, 21:01
Welcome to the Forum. I wish You luck in whatever You do.

I like your consideration for the Baby which shows you are thinking straight.

I think it is similar to when you were last here and contracts are hard to get.

Hopefully you have enough Local knowledge and friends to look around for you.

( you wasn't at the travellers rest by any chance?)

all the best from me too......................

Rubymay12
08-02-2017, 20:28
Thanks both melm, warbey but not much info from anywhere else have I put it in right place for forum readers to see??

Thanks

Angusjim
09-02-2017, 09:55
Hi All

Was looking for some advise or help on returning to the south of the island, new to the forum so hello and sorry if wrong place etc??

We lived as a couple foe 2.5 years in the south living and working fine doing bar work etc and was very happy minus the usual Tenerife problems, but decided to return due to a serious family illness. with 3 years gone by now and over the loss of dad etc we really do miss living out there and want to return ASAP, thing is we now have our wonderful little 2 year old boy with us so obviously things will be more difficult and a lot different, we do have nie and social still and my partner has his residentia, I didn't manage to sort mine in time, hopefully these are all still intact and can use etc, we do have money in bank too but our main concern is how hard it is to get our son into state or private schools and costs/options involved??, also do we need private medical care now again especially for little one, we do not speak Spanish but do understand the basics so going state does worry us but as he is only 2 would this be a better option and does anyone know about waiting lists etc??
Things are ok in England at the moment but please believe us when we say money isn't everything and the U.K swallows it up quite quickly so in comparison to Tenerife it's how you view it we think??we truly do believe (if not pray) that Tenerife is a better option to bring our son up in, we do hope to find regular bar work etc like before as always seemed to be OK on that front!??
Probably got more to ask and say but hope this may be enough to start for you all, so look forward to hearing back soon??

Many thanks

Try search box top right and put in searches EG "moving to tenerife" or "relocating to tenerife" or "schools tenerife" and you will find a few threads about this subject.

galracer
10-02-2017, 16:08
Welcome back.. :-)

We put our 12 years old into a private school due to her age and also to give her a chance to branch out with her qualifications after she finishes high school. Had she been 2 as well, we'd have put her in a state school without a doubt.

Rubymay12
10-02-2017, 16:14
Thanks galracer think if we can get him in state school we will as he should fit in OK due to his age and obviously he will pick up both languages which can only be a good thing!!??
Now just the work situation but obviously it's better to be there for this, my partner is a tiler so was hoping to get into this over there maybe so need to search for contractors maybe?? If not we will happily do bar work again as both happy doing it and have the experience and maturity.

galracer
10-02-2017, 16:32
Thanks galracer think if we can get him in state school we will as he should fit in OK due to his age and obviously he will pick up both languages which can only be a good thing!!??
Now just the work situation but obviously it's better to be there for this, my partner is a tiler so was hoping to get into this over there maybe so need to search for contractors maybe?? If not we will happily do bar work again as both happy doing it and have the experience and maturity.

No worries.. :-)
On the work - front, I wish i could help you here but i have no clue about where to start as an employee on the island as for us, we still have active businesses back in UK for our income and also, we recently became autonomo (It does help with medical insurance for the whole family as they're covered). I hope that all goes well with your move..:-)

Rubymay12
10-02-2017, 16:45
Thanks again we hope so too!!!
Is it difficult to become self employed then or pretty much same as uk?