PDA

View Full Version : Other incident - los cristianos

tfs1
07-02-2017, 00:44
I heard a load of sirens late this morning in Los Cris, both fire and police and it turns out there was a large fire in the same building block as the old Carolinas shop (now Coviran 2).

We walked down that way early this evening on the way to a restaurant and the area was in total darkness. There were no obvious signs of the fire but several vans and staff in the area presumably trying to reconnect the power.

The DISA petrol station and Covirans x2 and surrounding shops were all closed and apartments were affected with no power - walkways and road remained open.

Just a reminder that there may be issues tomorrow for those hoping to shop etc

Ecky Thump
07-02-2017, 11:47
Read Janet ******** -In Tenerife.

You say Janet ******** and I'll say A n s c o m b e. :D

The lady in question is possibly the most informed English speaking person in Tenerife and her website reflects this with upto date factual and interesting information for both residents and holiday makers.

tfs1
07-02-2017, 13:11
You say Janet ******** and I'll say A n s c o m b e. :D

The lady in question is possibly the most informed English speaking person in Tenerife and her website reflects this with upto date factual and interesting information for both residents and holiday makers.

Just after I made my post I had a look at JA website and saw the info and pics - should have known to look before I post.

Anyway, walked by the Valdes Centre this morning and although heading up to Trebol from that distance it seems most if not all is back to normal.

Ecky Thump
07-02-2017, 13:25
Just after I made my post I had a look at JA website and saw the info and pics - should have known to look before I post.

Anyway, walked by the Valdes Centre this morning and although heading up to Trebol from that distance it seems most if not all is back to normal.

What you first said about the reported fire was factual, unlike some others on Facebook that talked about multiple loud explosions and flames a hundred foot high......people do have a tendency to exaggerate. :D

tfs1
07-02-2017, 15:03
What you first said about the reported fire was factual, unlike some others on Facebook that talked about multiple loud explosions and flames a hundred foot high......people do have a tendency to exaggerate. :D

I'm a little surprised that the Sun hasn't reported it.

Panic as holiday makers flee for their lives in Los Cristianous, unexpected loud explosions and extensive fire damage in Brit holiday resort in Tenerife. Shops, restaurants, petrol station, apartment block and offices plunged into darkness following this unexplained activity.

Ecky Thump
07-02-2017, 15:12
Why did the forum not allow me to say "a.n.s.c.o.m.b.e??

It's a long standing disagreement going back 'many many many' years ago when Janet was a moderator on this forum and then there was some upset between her and others, which I think is when Janet set up her own forum/website and since then, she is incommunicado and banished from our illustrious forum....well that's how I heard it and it's my simple interpretation. It's a shame really because Janet does have her ear to the ground and can supply great information, but strangely enough, you can mention this forum wherever you please...Janet ******** 's included. :dontknow:

Angusjim
08-02-2017, 07:26
It's a long standing disagreement going back 'many many many' years ago when Janet was a moderator on this forum and then there was some upset between her and others, which I think is when Janet set up her own forum/website and since then, she is incommunicado and banished from our illustrious forum....well that's how I heard it and it's my simple interpretation. It's a shame really because Janet does have her ear to the ground and can supply great information, but strangely enough, you can mention this forum wherever you please...Janet ******** 's included. :dontknow:

Anyway she swears far too much to come on here:whistle::lol:

Ecky Thump
08-02-2017, 11:08
,one blessing is Peanuts, Alvy and Whackywilly have stopped posting):whistle:

Do you believe in tempting fate!!:D

Peanuts best buddy Alvy is banned from the forum.:twak:

bennoa1
08-02-2017, 12:39
We were in Las Chafiras when 2 Bomberos flew past and we followed them down the TF1. Saw they came of at the LC junction but couldn't see any smoke when we looked down the hill. On our way to Adeje we saw another heading in the LC direction as we as a couple of Ambulances. Oasis FM reported it as an electrical fire with the explosions being tins of paint stored in the electrical room. Glad nobody was injured.