PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Hiring a Car South Tenerife

Ladyk5595
12-02-2017, 07:23
Coming to Tenerife in March and need to hire a car for the week from Tenerife South Airport upon arrival.

Have been hearing so many horror stories back in the UK about being ripped off by the car hire firms, can anyone recommend a reputable company at the airport that they have used in the past please? Many thanks :-)

Any advice would be most appreciated.

AndyG
12-02-2017, 07:48
We have always used Autoreisen. They include full insurance in their prices and a free second driver if required.

tfs1
12-02-2017, 14:02
We have always used Autoreisen. They include full insurance in their prices and a free second driver if required.

Oddlly enough this morning we picked up a hire car from TFS from Autoreisen, we always use them aswell and they were very busy airside with 3 staff dealing with those who had just landed and one person for those of us walking in.

Simple process - no pressure to buy extra insurance, or pay for a full tank of petrol, or push Satnav/kids Car seat hire etc etc.

Sadly in some ways this will probably be the last time we hire with them as we are buying a car this week, we needed the hire car to go between where we are and the showroom (and we are getting lazy !).

On a less positive note I would definately not recommend Goldcar. Maybe cheap headline rental rates but wait until you are stung with all the unexpected add-ons.

In the past I have been waiting in the Autoreisen queue and witnessed strong very nasty arguements that everyone could hear between Goldcar staff (protected behind a glass screen) and their customers regarding the mandatory overpriced add-ons.

barryk
12-02-2017, 17:05
Has anyone noticed if AR has become more expensive recently? Plus longer q's to collect cars? Also noticed Goldcar has been moved to the end of the desks and short q's. Perhaps people are becoming wise to them

tfs1
12-02-2017, 17:45
Has anyone noticed if AR has become more expensive recently? Plus longer q's to collect cars? Also noticed Goldcar has been moved to the end of the desks and short q's. Perhaps people are becoming wise to them

We paid 92€ for our first weeks hire in January and 120€ for this week - same car booked. I put this weeks higher price down to the Kids halfterm, supply and demand.

Quite a queue airside at 1100 today but not overly long and just us on the otherside. I am always impressed the way they process bookings so quickly and maybe thats down to the lack of add-ons etc, not having to discuss and cajole their clients.

Didnt think to look at Goldcar you couldn't miss them and their angry customers when they were next to the Autoreisen desk.

jack oakley
12-02-2017, 22:56
Will people please stop recommending Autoreisen as they are becoming toooooo popular and have started raising their prices, lets keep em a secret guys. Jack.O