PDA

View Full Version : Other Places to visit by bus

Lengy
14-02-2017, 18:24
We have just arrived in los cristianos for four weeks and would love to visit some places on the bus as we have now bought a bono card, please has anyone any suggestions of where we could visit. Have already been to Santa Cruz, Puerto de la Cruz, los gigantis and las Americas.

helena246
14-02-2017, 19:54
ADEJE TOWN town a typical canarian town.
CALETA which has the best fish eateries.
CALLEO SALVAJE has a nice beach bar
all these place have several buses hourly from los cris bus station

imablue
14-02-2017, 23:36
Most definitely visit El Medano, very popular with the local population and tourists alike.
Plenty of restaurants/bars and a very nice seafront.
Las Galletas also worth a visit... Seafront is very nice and the town has many shops etc.
More inland and up in the hills is Icod de los vinos, Santiago del Teide.
More to the North West side of the island is Garachico and Buenavista del Notre....
Garachico is a must....Volcanic sea pools and the view from the approach coming down from the roads above is well worth the Trip alone.
Happy exploring.

bennoa1
16-02-2017, 10:57
To get to El Medano you can get the 470 from LC which goes direct but does go around the houses. We went in December a few time but we're in Adeje - we used the 110/111 to San Isidro and then the 408 down the hill. Get a timetable from the kiosk by the bus stops in LC to work out timings. Or look on the Titsa web site:
http://titsa.com/index.php/tus-guaguas/lineas-y-horarios/linea-470.
The 470 goes through some other villages so you can have a look at where you fancy on the way. Las Galletas and Los Abrigos are worth a look.
Going the other direction Playa San Juan. Alcala, Los Gigantes, Guia de Isora may be of interest. Garachico is nice but a 2 hour journey.
We also did Tajao which if you like fish is a must. You need to get the 111 bus stop which goes north on the TF1 and you get off 2 stops north of the Poligono Industrial estate - the stop you need is number 7131. You'll have to then walk down the hill (no buses) into Tajao which is about a 15 minute walk. We go to Agua y Sal but there are 3 or 4 fish restaurants there. Cost us about 4 euros each way per person so 16 return which is far cheaper than a taxi. They close Tuesday and shut at 4pm on Mondays and I would recommend booking. You cant use the Bono on the bus up to Teide but you can on every other bus.

helena246
16-02-2017, 11:45
YES all in all Tenerife does have some very interesting places accessible by bus and at a reasonable price.
happy hunting.
As a foodie that restaurant in Tajao looks like its worth a visit.

bennoa1
16-02-2017, 12:45
YES all in all Tenerife does have some very interesting places accessible by bus and at a reasonable price.
happy hunting.
As a foodie that restaurant in Tajao looks like its worth a visit.
We've been 4 or 5 times now and the fish is to die for, very reasonably priced and the staff are very attentive. Always busy though so make sure you book, especially of you want an outside table. The bread and dips are the best I've had on the island as are the papas arrugadas, and i only eat Canarian spuds when I'm out there (no chips) so I've had a few.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Aguaysalrestaurant/posts/?ref=page_internal

cheery
16-02-2017, 16:10
Gets some great reviews on TA. Must put it on our list for next time we are over.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g8323137-d10039680-Reviews-Taberna_Marinera_Agua_y_Sal-San_Miguel_de_Tajao_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

bennoa1
16-02-2017, 20:47
Don't forget to leave room for the cheesecake. Mrs had one (fig which I wasn't certain on) and it was handmade (its easy to tell) and she said it was gorgeous. It was pretty big too for 4 euros I think.

helena246
16-02-2017, 22:26
Don't forget to leave room for the cheesecake. Mrs had one (fig which I wasn't certain on) and it was handmade (its easy to tell) and she said it was gorgeous. It was pretty big too for 4 euros I think.

home made cheesecake yummy yum yum

junglejim
17-02-2017, 03:38
Take the bus up to Teide to see volcano - Bono is not accepted but fare is only €6 each way- only one bus up & down each day . Very cold so wrap up well ! Journey is about 80mins with great views !

http://titsa.com/index.php/tus-guaguas/lineas-y-horarios/linea-342

helena246
17-02-2017, 11:36
Take the bus up to Teide to see volcano - Bono is not accepted but fare is only €6 each way- only one bus up & down each day . Very cold so wrap up well ! Journey is about 80mins with great views !

http://titsa.com/index.php/tus-guaguas/lineas-y-horarios/linea-342

This thread shows you do not have to spend a fortune to see all these places on Tenerife.
If after you have exhausted all the interesting places on Tenerife then their are ferries from los cris to gomera and la palma or santa cruz to las palmas and other canary islands.
Happy Hunting.

hecher
26-02-2017, 21:20
Good thread this.
Lengy , please post and update if posdible id be keen to see how you get on using the busses as like your self ill be on the island for 4 werks later in the year and Im keen to trVel around by bus . Thanks in advance

bennoa1
26-02-2017, 21:42
Well lengy hasn't responded so 2 weeks in he's having too many bus trips or just pished.