PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Setting up rental business vs organised crime

matt1985
15-02-2017, 14:43
I want to start a bike/electric scooters rental business. I just spoke with my friend, who lived in Gran Canaria and she said, that her friend start with quad rental and has to close the business shortly after he start because "someone has a monopoly to do that kind of business there":eek: and "it was very unpleasant". Is the same in Tenerife? I just wondering how safe is to open business in Las Americas area...

fixer
15-02-2017, 17:04
Do you know about the problems recently about the double electric scooters ?
Posted By Janet
On 2 August 2016

Updated 2 August: Only last week Arona explained that its clampdown on electric scooters would see fines and confiscations for use in pedestrian areas unless they were ridden by a disabled person at walking pace. Now, Adeje has joined Arona and announced that it has passed its own decree banning electric vehicles on footpaths, pedestrian zones and public spaces. The new decree overturns the council’s 2014 bylaw awarding licences to rent the machines, and reverts to…
from JA

cheery
15-02-2017, 19:18
A quad is a different vehicle from the scooters you mention.

fixer
15-02-2017, 19:36
IF you read it again it says I want to start a bike/electric scooters rental business.

cheery
16-02-2017, 09:30
Apologies for that. As posted above, scooters are being clamped down on due to the nuisance factor encountered by lots of residents and tourists alike. This was down to abuse of the vehicles and possibly irresponsible hiring.

Angusjim
17-02-2017, 07:34
I thought when I read this title it was a story about Tenerife local government:whistle: