PDA

View Full Version : Other Pickpockets about

BansteadBob
19-02-2017, 17:09
I am a visitor to Tenerife. Yesterday, 18th, I was with a friend walking along the road that runs from the market parallel to the beach past Hotel Medano. I had just bought an ice cream using cash from my wallet. In the minute or so it took me to get to the end of the road I had been relieved of my wallet, four credit/debit cards, Euros, GBP and my driving licence. The police told me they had seen known Romanian thieves in the area. The road was fairly quiet and I wasn't aware of anyone coming near me. By coincidence we met another Brit who had suffered an identical fate.

Lesson learnt, only carry the absolute minimum and in different pockets.

blondie
19-02-2017, 19:28
So many people in this sad predicament this year , its all very well saying be vigilant at all times , there is nobody who is up to the tricks of these thieving b s .

supercorny
19-02-2017, 21:18
Is a bigger handbag a good alternative? If they have to grab deep down in your bag to pick the pocket, it might be too difficult?

macdonald5
19-02-2017, 22:18
Is a bigger handbag a good alternative? If they have to grab deep down in your bag to pick the pocket, it might be to difficult?

Was thinking more of an electric current !!
They are scumbags

Sundowner
20-02-2017, 12:30
According to this article in the Canarian weekly there are 500 hundred of the thieving gits...............http://www.canarianweekly.com/34446-2/ be careful

Richj
20-02-2017, 14:57
The boot of my hire car was broken into when we were visiting villa flore and our bags were taken containing passports and my phones etc. As you can guess that was not a good day.

blondie
20-02-2017, 15:45
I am so sorry to hear that must have been a problem for you replacing your passports . I get so embarrassed now when our friends ask
us why we will still go to such an unsafe place .I really wonder myself sometimes . We are back again in a month :laugh:

galli2015
20-02-2017, 16:33
Because these people have a stupid Latin American law that allows people to steal up to 400 euro,s
You have to steal over that to be conidered a thief and even if you do steal more they don,t put you in jail they just if you a warning and let you go and that,s how they want us to keep coming.
Advise to Tenerifians try to get tourists from Latin America because Europeans are gonna stop coming soon

Richj
20-02-2017, 16:59
Well the amount of money they rob is upsetting and can cause an inconvenience. However when they steal a passport that is a whole new level in personal hardship for a traveler. They are very bad people who respect nobody[emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richj
20-02-2017, 17:03
When we were sorting the boarding passes out at the amigos hostel at los Abrigos, two young ladies came in exclaiming there car had been done over at the natural swimming pools. They lost all there luggage. Advice..... keep your stuff close to you at all times.

Richj
20-02-2017, 17:16
I have seen a man trying to use a connect card in a supermarket which was blocked ( thank goodness ) he went outside to phone a person and then ranted that the bank card he had bought didn't work and he wanted a refund of his money. Crime is all over at the moment . I love Tenerife but hate this type of crime that is spoiling my visits. Ahhhhhhh rant over!