PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork NE Number

caz12
25-02-2017, 16:24
I am looking at renting an apartment for 12 months. do I need to get an ne number if so what paper work do I need.

Tony the Welder
26-02-2017, 08:58
I am looking at renting an apartment for 12 months. do I need to get an ne number if so what paper work do I need.

no need for an nie number your passport will do

ronniecee
28-02-2017, 07:30
This is an interesting reply from Tony the Welder, if this is true and after reading so many threads on what paperwork is required for settling on Tenerife, could you please clarify how one applies to obtain gas/electric and other services without a NIE? as I will move over in October this year and would really appreciate advice on what paperwork is required to settle down officially and legally without problems, many thanks in advance.

Angusjim
28-02-2017, 07:35
This is an interesting reply from Tony the Welder, if this is true and after reading so many threads on what paperwork is required for settling on Tenerife, could you please clarify how one applies to obtain gas/electric and other services without a NIE? as I will move over in October this year and would really appreciate advice on what paperwork is required to settle down officially and legally without problems, many thanks in advance.

Have a look here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/ maybe get some answers she seems well thought of by many on here

AndyG
28-02-2017, 07:53
I can only speak about my personal experience. I asked an agent to arrange a long term rental contract while I was still in the U.K. It did not seem to be essential that I had an NIE but when I told him that I had one, he happily added it to the contract. The monthly water and electric bills remain in the name of the owner of the property and the physical bills are dropped off with our agent and we pay them next time we go to our agent. It is apparently very common that owners keep such bills in their name as it avoids the need to keep changing the name for each new tenant.
As for obtaining an NIE, we did that when we were on holiday. The form that they give to you in the Police Station( we had to go to Las Americas) is straightforward but as a precaution I had downloaded an English version from the internet prior to going to the Police Station. You have to fill this form in, go to a bank to pay a charge and get a receipt do the payment, then go back and wait your turn to be preocessed. We didn't speak much Spanish at all but we managed to obtain our NIE on this first visit and then six months later when we had moved out permanently, we obtained our green residency tarjetas.

Tony the Welder
28-02-2017, 09:13

what andyg says is correct the only bill i am not sure about is if you want a telephone line but have been told in the past that this can be done with your passport with direct telecom , it depends on what you mean by settling down officially and legal to what paper work you require ie retired , to work for some one , self employed , ect ,an nie is the first step in all of these , but the question asked was only to rent an appartment ,hope this helps